Posted in MP3 | music | tour dates on December 25, 2008

DOWNLOAD: Jennifer O'Connor - Here with Me (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: Jennifer O'Connor - Valley Road '86 (MP3)

Jennifer OConnor

I'm doing pretty good with my guesses so far. Still no Titus Andronicus, but Britt Daniel and Janet Weiss were there on night one, and Jon Benjamin (comedy) and Jennifer O'Connor (music) opened last night, Christmas Eve, December 24th, the fourth night of Hanukkah (there goes the theory that they don't repeat an opener) (btw, good job Anonymous | December 22, 2008 5:58 PM at predicting night three's special guest Yoni Wolf). Pictures of the show are coming soon. There were no other special guests.

That was Christmas Eve and today is Christmas, so what better time to mention the great new Christmas album called Peace on Earth : Vol. II. The charity holiday album features tracks by Jennifer O'Connor, Anathallo, Pattern is Movement, Marla Hansen, Oxford Collapse, Jason Collett, American Analog Set, and many others. Check it out. Jennifer's song is "Deck the Halls". You can hear it at her MySpace.

Jennifer's next NYC show is at Southpaw on February 14th with Mascott. Tickets are on sale. All dates below...

Always In Your Mind

Feb 27 - Valentine's Albany, New York
Feb 28 - 9th Ward Buffalo, New York
Mar 27 - Riverspace Arts Nyack, New York

Night Five: Daft Punk, comedian Jeff Foxworthy
Night Six: Radiohead, comedian Don Rickles

Posted by Anonymous | December 25, 2008 12:21 PM

being that is was a "hanukah shows" - not sure why JO wished crowd a merry christmas and not a happy hanukah.

Posted by Anonymous | December 25, 2008 12:23 PM

American analog set is awesome - amazing live sound.

Posted by Uptown Sound | December 25, 2008 1:32 PM

I play in Titus Andronicus, and I assure you that we are not going to be opening any of these shows. Not that we wouldn't want to, of course, but nobody asked us!

Posted by Patrick | December 25, 2008 3:13 PM

I have an extra for tonight's Yo La Tengo show. Ideally, would like to find a date (or at least a decent concert buddy). Craigslist posting linked, since I don't feel like putting my email out here, but this is real.

Posted by Brian | December 25, 2008 3:56 PM

Hi everone

To clarify: Last night was our first time doing a Hanukuh show. And I believe I did wish everyone a Happy Hanukuh and a Merry Christmas! But if not, I apologize! So happy happy to everyone!

xox
JO'C

Posted by Jennifer O'Connor | December 25, 2008 4:07 PM

If you did, I apologize. And your set was fantastic! I am planning to catch your next show!

Posted by Anonymous | December 25, 2008 4:57 PM

God, 4:57, you really come off here like a spine-less idiot. You went from being a roaring lion to a quivering lamb. "I apologize . . . I am planning to catch your next show!" The only thing you left off was, "Your new biggest fan,"

Blah!

Posted by Anonymous | December 25, 2008 8:14 PM

can we discuss how terrible the comedian was? jesus fucking christ.

Posted by Anonymous | December 26, 2008 2:27 AM

not true 8:15. just give my 2 thoughts about show. I was kind of miffed that there might have been no hanukkah greeting, but at the same time I did think JO set was great. I had seen JO open solo for another show a few years back, but had never heard her live with her band - and was very impressed and did enjoy the set.

Posted by Anonymous | December 26, 2008 2:38 AM

saw her open for jamie lidell twice... definitely not impressed.

Posted by Anonymous | December 26, 2008 2:48 AM

What the???? Is 2:38 the Minister of Etiquette now?

I wonder if you'd be so upset if Alex Chilton forgot to issue a holiday greeting at last year's show. . .

Posted by Anonymous | December 26, 2008 9:14 AM

hey 9:14 fyi - I was at that show with Alex chilton - and was quite happy to see him.

Posted by Anonymous | December 26, 2008 12:36 PM

Chilton didn't say a word, one way or the other that night, about Xmas or Hanukkah. Who cares? Oh, I forgot, you do . . . that is, until the artist actually chimes in . . .

I don't care if you were happy or not to see either of these artists, but I think it is a waste of time criticizing them for what you feel they left out of their on-stage banter.

Posted by Anonymous | December 26, 2008 1:11 PM

1:11 - you are a jerk - I am not going to bother answering you.

Posted by Anonymous | December 26, 2008 1:20 PM

1:20-- you just did

also jenniofer said happy haunukah

also i want to marry her--she was amazing

Posted by Dirty-Ear Bill | December 26, 2008 2:41 PM

so, who opened/played last night and what's on tap for tonight?

Posted by Anonymous | December 26, 2008 2:56 PM

JO'C was very nice. Enjoyed her songs and her singing. She could use a better band, imho, but I enjoyed her set.

What could be worse than that comedian? Being the guy called up onstage to be part of his act! That was me.

I am thankful for the 3 Old Speckled Hens I had just before the show. And even more thankful for...

The awesome set played by YLT! Nice to have the bad to ourselves gotta make a living.

I wonder if we'll get some recording(s) of these shows as we did last year via Dimeadozen?....

Posted by Sun Ra and YLT Fan | December 26, 2008 7:30 PM

clarification: Nice to have the band to ourselves...

I would like to see more of these shows, but I gotta make a living.

Posted by as above... | December 26, 2008 7:33 PM