Posted in To Do | music | tour dates on December 7, 2008

Joan as PolicewomanJoan as Policewoman will play shows at 8 and 10 pm at the Stone in NYC on New Years Eve. The 'Annual End The Year Improv Night' with John Zorn happens at the same venue three nights earlier. Other names on the Stone's schedule for December (curated by Jennifer Charles) include Gary Lucas, Erik Friedlander, Doveman, Alan Licht, Hal Willner's Parade (Yuka Honda & Sean Lennon), Elysian Fields, JG Thirwell, and Marc Ribot's Ceramic Dog (tonight, Sunday December 7th).

January's schedule, curated by Craig Taborn, doesn't have many names
I recognize, but February, curated by Shannon Fields of Stars Like Fleas, has Twi the Humble Feather, Tunde Adebimpe of TV on the Radio, Chris Schlarb, Diane Cluck, Jon Natchez, Kelly Pratt, Lexie Mountain Boys, Megafun, John Zorn, Ecstatic Sunshine, Sam Amidon, and Tristan Perich,

For other NYC shows on New Years Eve, browse HERE.

Joan Wasser (as Policewoman) and at least one band member also contribute to Gramercy Arms.

Marc Ribot is also playing December 9th at Blue Note and December 11th at Knitting Factory.

woooo tunde adebimpe

Posted by Anonymous | December 7, 2008 1:36 PM

Joan's such a bore. Her 15 minutes have passed. Thank God both Patti Smith and My Morning Jacket are playing on New Years (going to see MMJ b/c I'm seeing Patti the two days before)...and tons of other interesting people. Great ways to welcome in the Year of the Obama!!

Posted by John | December 7, 2008 8:30 PM

I disagree. I saw Joan this year at the middle east in Cambridge this year and thought her show (with just a drummer) was fantastic. The show was loose, sparse and emotionally charged and her voice was beautiful and clear.

Posted by Anonymous | December 8, 2008 10:35 AM

i see Ribot is playing the 11th...i wonder why he cancelled his show in boston the next day, opening for Fred Frith...

Posted by Anonymous | December 11, 2008 3:54 PM

Agreed with 10:35. A huge and underrappreciated talent. Superb songwriter too.

Posted by Anonymous | December 13, 2008 12:15 AM

reminder this is tonight

10 pm
Hal Wilner's Parade
Trevor Dunn (bass), Yuka Honda (keyboards) Sean Lennon (drums, guitar) Doug Weiselman (woodwinds) Hal Willner (samples, organ, CD players)

Posted by brooklynvegan | December 19, 2008 9:16 AM

Joan boring? I strongly disagree having seen her twice in London (and will go again when the opportunity arises). Both times Joan was fantastic, funny and the spotlight, in my opinion, definitely suits her. We in the UK love her. With Joan we have someone who can actually sing, write songs with such beauty and passion, play instruments, who thinks, cares and who is gorgeous. Her work is simply wonderful, music for the soul and her collaborations with the wonderful David Sylvian (No Question, Ballad of a Deadman etc)are stunning. I hope that Joan will want to be around for a long, long time yet.

Posted by Penny | January 2, 2009 6:09 AM

zayıflama

Posted by zayıflama | February 4, 2009 7:13 AM

I took 1 st business loans when I was very young and that aided my family a lot. Nevertheless, I need the car loan as well.

Posted by BarronJANELL18 | March 17, 2010 3:48 AM