Posted in music | pictures on December 18, 2008

photos by Kyle Dean Reinford

Oasis

More pictures from last night's show at the Garden, below...

Oasis

Ryan Adams & The Cardinals...

Oasis...

Don't Look Back In Anger
Falling Down
Champagne Supernova
I Am The Walrus

sooo good.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 12:57 AM

it was waiting for the rapture, and i wish all of you haters got to be there for one fucking song because it would have shut you all up.

not one seat at MSG empty
liam actually singing well
multiple beer kegs tapped before the 4th song (i had to walk around half the arena to get two beers).

brilliant.

go see MGMT or Dan Deacon at Terminal 5 you fucking losers. at least respect talented bands like the arcade fire still you fucking L train douche bags.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 12:58 AM

^^^^Haha! Nice!! Agreed!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 1:04 AM

AMAZING GIG!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 1:08 AM

12:58- i dont even know where to start.
just because they have some hobo jesus-y looking guy on keys now doesn't make them any less of a bunch of talentless hacks doing the same boring shtick year after year after year after year after year... and so on.

even all the camera trickery in those pictures doesnt make this show look interesting. and it sounds like a pretty shitty time running around the a sports arena, paying for 2 over priced beers waiting in long lines with a bunch of other assholes. stay off the L train, and in murray hill.

i hope someone tackles that guy again. then you.

Posted by Hobo McJesus | December 18, 2008 1:15 AM

Hahaha. I LOVE that one of 12:58's explanations for why the show was amazing is that everyone drank so much they ran out of beer. This tells me that we disagree on so much more than whether or not Oasis is a terrible band.

But I sincerely hope you had a great time seeing a band that apparently impressed you simply by having a shortage of beer and a singer who didn't TOTALLY suck. Really, I do.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 1:23 AM

if you weren't there, shut up. oasis were tight. they sounded great and put on a great show.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 1:31 AM

hmm 1:15 i don't know where to start either:

1.) the hobo jesus guy as you affectionately called him is not part of the band.
2.) a long shot of the crowd at MSG is tickery?
3.) there were no lines for beer the entire night just a bunch of us having a good time. I'm sure in high school and college (get that far?) you were the type that realized if a keg wasn't tapped at a party it probably sucked. same logic here buddy.
4.) murray hill? really? should i even make the hedge fund joke?
5.) of course you wish the canadian douche bag would push someone you dislike over and not you because you haven't done a thing for yourself in your lifetime except jerk off to that picture of kevin barnes when he showed his dick.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 1:32 AM

camera trickery?

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 1:40 AM

1:08 ... please regurgitate more MTV and mainstream U.S. music press (including those fascists at Pitchfork) propaganda. I bet you're the same sort of douche who thinks the stereophonics are pretentious for writing a song like "Mr.Writer" ... I mean that's what the main stream U.S. music press tells us right?

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 1:42 AM

Great show. They finally got Wonderwall right. Slide Away. Probably the most beautiful DLBIA performance I've ever heard. And I've heard hundreds.

Any way of getting a bootleg of this?

Posted by Henry | December 18, 2008 1:46 AM

What about Matt Costa? How was he?

Posted by ollie | December 18, 2008 4:04 AM

No "Live Forever" was sort of a bummer... but other than that, great show. Very tight.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 4:14 AM

Great show!!!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 4:41 AM

Excellent essay and site. I put a link to your compassion essay on my website. Good work.

Posted by ألعاب | December 18, 2008 5:14 AM

seems like kind of a short set. they coulda thrown a few more in from the 1st and 3rd albums.

i never really understood why people hate them so violently. i don't really have any interest in seeing them live, but if i'm in a bar, have a little buzz on and 'don't look back in anger' comes on... i'll probably sing along. oasis were never great, but they're catchy.

Posted by wembley | December 18, 2008 6:15 AM

Brilliant show, but hey, you might wanna fix the setlist: They did not play "I Am The Walrus" twice!

Posted by Norman | December 18, 2008 6:41 AM

Last night's show really was special. Oasis came to play and tore the fucking roof off!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 6:48 AM

why was Ryan's set shorter than the other nights?

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 7:10 AM

that would be a pretty funny goof if they played a set and then just played the last 4 songs of the set again as an encore.

Posted by dan | December 18, 2008 7:15 AM

12:58 needs to calm down. No one even said anything and you were already acting like a douche defending Oasis.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 7:28 AM

It was an "ok" Oasis gig at best. It's a shame... the crowd seemed kinda dead.. until "Wonderwall".

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 7:40 AM

Yeah Ryan Adams set was very short. Matt Costa played ofr like 20 minutes? Slide Away was awesome! Crowd was standing the whole time and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 7:43 AM

show was amazing but would've loved cast no shadow and live forever. guess you can't have it all.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 7:44 AM

Oasis is a great band. They are influential and amazing.

Stupid americans.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 7:45 AM

show was lackluster.

dan deacon at the masonic temple was better and more artistic.

AND it had a beer line around the venue! It was the best show ever.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 7:51 AM

show was fun. liam's voice is wrecked though, didn't hit any high notes. except for when he was calling 2 sailors down the front gay boys

ryan adams has got to get back on the drugs and get rid of neal casal, he is now boring live.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 7:53 AM

Oasis sucks. Neil Young is still king of MSG!

Posted by wingwalker77 | December 18, 2008 7:55 AM

Oasis rocked that joint last night. Liam and Noel are the kings of rock.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 8:02 AM

yawn

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 8:02 AM

yes, i was so mesmerized by their music.. that i left 3 songs into the set to wander around 20 minutes to look for a beer.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 8:11 AM

Slide away, and give it all you've got
My today, fell in from the top
I dream of you, and all the things you say
I wonder where you are now?

Hold me down, all the world's asleep
I need you now, you knocked me off my feet,
I dream of you, we talk of growing old
But you said please don't...

Slide in baby, together we'll fly
I've tried praying, but I don't know what you're saying to me

Now that you're mine
We'll find a way
Of chasing the sun
Let me be the one, that shines with you
in the morning, I don't know what to do
two of a kind
We'll find a way
To do what we've done
Let me be the one, that shines with you
And we can slide away, slide away, slide away, away...

Slide away, and give it all you've got
My today, fell in from the top
I dream of you, and all the things you say
I wonder where you are now?

Slide in baby, together we'll fly
I've tried praying, and I know just what you're saying to me

Now that you're mine
We'll find a way
Of chasing the sun
Let me be the one that shines with you
in the morning when you don't know what to do
two of a kind
We'll find a way
To do what we've done
Oh, let me be the one
That shines with you, and we can slide away...

Slide away, slide away, slide away, slide away
(and I wanna try now, i wanna make you mine now) x 3

I don't know, I don't care, all I know is you can take me there x 5
(Slide away...)
Take me there

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 8:12 AM

Was really pumped last night that the Garden sold out for the show. No empty seats baby!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 8:13 AM

Oasis >>>>>>>>>>>> Kings of Leon

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 8:18 AM

sounds like a good show... what was the ticket price range?

oasis is a fun band (but not influential... c'mon seriously, they aren't... not enough, at least, to say they ARE influential... yeah that makes sense) but they have some good stuff in their catalogue. for sure.

songs they should have played:
- live forever
- f*ckin' in the bushes
- hello
- the hindu times
- go let it out
- d'you know what i mean?

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 8:21 AM

the strokes>>>Oasis

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 8:22 AM

Even the music played on the PA between Ryan Adams and Oasis was the balls.....

the four horsemen
tomorrow never knows
she bangs the drum
all around the world (jam)
whole lotta love
club foot
gimme shelter (hawkwind)

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 8:22 AM

Show was very good. Band sounded great. I completely agree with the commenter who said that may have been the best Dont Look Back in Anger I have ever heard, and I also have been seeing Oasis since the mid 90s and have many live recordings as well. Especially loved the Materpla, Cigarettes and Alcohol, Slide Away, Shock of the Lightning.

Crowd was good, got better as the night went on. I must admit that my section was singing along to many songs so I was happy about that.

Overall, a great night and lots of fun.

Posted by Loop | December 18, 2008 8:23 AM

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha the strokes?!?! Are you kidding me? That band B L E W it years ago. Their side projects are more interesting at this point (Hammond Jr and Nickel Eye).

O A S I S >>>>>>>>>> strokes

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 8:24 AM

Where Have All The Good Boys Gone?

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 8:25 AM

Who is going to the Camden show on Friday? Probably one of the last times to see Oasis before their long 3 year breaks from touring.

Did anyone else hear that rumor Oasis & Weezer might tour the US in the spring? I think it is a terrible idea, especially if Oasis opens for Weezer!

Not on my watch!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 8:28 AM

The strokes blew it? What have oasis done? Put out one good album like 15 years ago...please...

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 8:34 AM

www.liamisaravingwanker.com

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 8:35 AM

Thank you all. It's been real. They let a lot of people into these shows but these gigs are for the Fans. We really don't care what you think. It's fine that you come, we appriciate your dollars into the Oasis economy. It's fine that you comment, all BV has to do is put up an Oasis post and boom goes the dynamite.

I'm guessing a handful of the above were there last night. If you heard Slide Away then you know what kind of night it was.

CommGuru/Sons of the Stage/Intimate little gig in a dumpster/22 deep/Keep drinking Ian.

Posted by Tony the Drummer | December 18, 2008 8:51 AM

I thought last night was fantastic... I'll be seeing them in Camden tomorrow (hopefully the weather won't get in the way)... and hopefully ryan adams will play a little bit longer of a set?!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 9:11 AM

I'm admittedly an Oasis fan, but it still surprises me that they can sell out an arena these days! Wow. Couldn't make the show last night, but glad to hear it was a good time... and that they didn't play too many songs from their new album... which I also admit, was pretty bad.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 9:12 AM

Highlights off the new album (Dig Out Your Soul) include:

Bag It Up
The Turning
Waiting For The Rapture
Falling Down

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 9:23 AM

looks like john lennon, george harrison and arctic monkeys on stage

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 9:23 AM

I really appreciate a good rock show with no funny uniforms (Coldplay) or Globe Theater antics (U2). Pick up a guitar and let it rip....

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 9:26 AM

There is nothing special about Oasis. I was there last night and it wasn't memorable. I've seen bands that I've never even heard of before and they put on a better show and sound way better.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 9:31 AM

Besides Liam's lack of being able to hit the high notes they put on a great show. Would have liked to see a few songs from their other albums too but its hard to have them not to play the classics.

So sick of coming on BV and seeing one group trash another. I like Oasis, NeilYoung, Dan Deacon, Arcade Fire, etc. its all good.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 9:34 AM

could have used some Live Forever. But great show, and great crowd. Also, why are they so reluctant to play anything off Be Here Now or SOTSOG (at least - Go Let It Out)...could've replaced some of the clunkers like "Ain't Got Nothing On Me".

Posted by NIP | December 18, 2008 9:36 AM

All Around The World would have been a great addition.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 9:41 AM

Boom goes the dynamite !

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 9:43 AM

I was REALLY happy they played 'The Masterplan'. Never saw it live before. Def was a highlight.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 9:50 AM

I just overheard some really interesting Oasis Lyrics.

I heard them being sung by a Hearty Bloke in a local pub I frequent.

I'd like to share them if that's okay with you.

"Blimey, maybe
Downin Lager at the pub
with love in me heart going glub glub
glub glub

Ye all are bloody beautiful!
Boyo, I think I'm in love
Kidney Pie In my EYEEEEEEEEE"

Posted by Twigs/ F.TW | December 18, 2008 9:57 AM

The only reason this show sold out was because of all the British Ex pats living in NYC. A lot of this crowd was from England. Americans don't really care about Oasis anymore. Fact: There are more British Ex pats living in NYC than anywhere else in the USA. Fact: This is the ONLYl show on the entire North American tour to sell out. In fact, most of the other arenas were half empty.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 10:03 AM

Great show. Agree that the set could've used Live Forever though.

Posted by Matt | December 18, 2008 10:08 AM

neil young and oasis both suck. and there is no reason to decry people who are aware of this fact as "stupid americans."

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 10:13 AM

looks like a good setlist, although i am not familiar with the new album. one of my favorite live songs was always Acquiesce I wonder why they did not play it this tme

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 10:19 AM

"They let a lot of people into these shows but these gigs are for the Fans. "

This show was for their FANS? What kind of pointless comment is that? Um, don't all bands play shows for their fans and not for people that don't like them? And in the case to say that THIS particular show was for the fans, is actually not true. The show that was really for fans was the Terminal Five 'club' show. That show was not on sale to the general public like this one was. And you know what Oasis did to their fans who won the ticket lottery for the special privilege to buy tickets to that special fan show? They did not reschedule it after canceling it. That's what Oasis thinks of it's die hard fans. They really couldn't give a shit. They re-scheduled all the other general public arena shows that were cancelled because of Noel's injury, but the special fan show was outright cancelled. They couldn't be bothered. It wasn't important or big enough for them.

Oasis couldn't give a shit about their fans. They play the same stale set every single night of the entire tour with no rarities, no alternate choices, and they play them at the same venues they played on the last tour. They give their true followers absolutely nothing special in terms of payback for their loyalty. The one thing they almost offered (the Terminal 5 show) was pulled away from the fans in the end, As far as Oasis is concerned we should just be happy to be in the building with them,

Not me. Screw em. I'm done.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 10:24 AM

They can't play everything. No matter what songs they cut people would complain.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 10:26 AM

Americans in general don't "get" Oasis. It's not a knock on Americans, it just is what it is. There's a cultural divide going on here and I personally think a lot of vitriol that comes from Americans toward a band like Oasis is that despite the fact that we (I'm American) are raised to think that we are better than everyone else in the world, we expect our rock stars to have a certain amount of humility. It's a totally bullshit way of thinking on both sides. The world needs bands like Oasis that totally believe in themselves and aren't afraid to come off like a pompous asses sometimes for the sake of the dream.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 10:27 AM

I agree. I like this band a lot but It's hard to be an Oasis fan.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 10:28 AM

Best Oasis show I seen in years. Tomorrow I'll be seeing them in Camden 5th row.

Posted by uberone | December 18, 2008 10:30 AM

im sure lot of people came from England just to see this show, like hundreds of people.

but its all good, something to take off your mind from wondering whether this friday you're gonna be laid off...

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 10:31 AM

Stop making excuses for them based on the assumed different tastes of the two countries. When it comes to something of great qquality, something that's original and fresh from the UK, the USA has proved time and time again to embrace it with open arms.

Funny, Oasis has tried it's whole career to be the Beatles. And they can;t pull it off here. And yet, there has been no bigger band ever in the USA than the Beatles..... and they are from England.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 10:36 AM

there was a doc on BBC with Liam all proud of himself, talking aboutstealing bicycles as a kid. not an ounce of regret, or maybe yeah it was a bad thing to do. that to me shows the man is a psychopath, or someone sorely lacking in empathy for another human being. And it is hard to be a fan of that.

I'd take a Dan Deacon show over Liam show any day of the week.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 10:37 AM

You know, why do people argue so about whether a show was good or not? Seems pretty subjective to me by now. It all depends on the mood you're in, what your expectations are, how your day is going, how your life is going...many, many subtle factors. It's going to be different for everyone.

Posted by Mailliam | December 18, 2008 10:39 AM

Oasis doesn't play rarities? They played Masterplan. That hasn't been seen state side since 1996. Last tour they played Bring It On Down and the tour before that Hello and Fade Away.

Also, who cares if they play the same set every night. Are you going to multiple shows? Besides Camden tomorrow, these gigs are very spreadout.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 10:39 AM

my parents LOVE Oasis..

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 10:40 AM

I heard they're better than the Beatles.

Posted by johnny awesome | December 18, 2008 10:41 AM

what a strange mullet ol' Liam's acquired...

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 10:49 AM

Hey kids, buy definitely maybe and get yourself a clue.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 10:49 AM

those photos are spectacular!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 10:50 AM

ooooh they played ONE song they hadn't played in a while and played it every night on an entire tour... oh thats rare.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 10:51 AM

oasis would have pleased many more if they played this... (dream show)

set list:
f*ckin' in the bushes
go let it out!
the hindu times
d'you know what i mean?
bag it up
lyla
who feels love?
waiting for the rapture
she is love
stand by me
slide away
the importance of being idle
songbird
the masterplan
acquiensce
wonderwall
supersonic

first encore:
hello
don't look back in anger
the shock of lighting
champagne supernova

second encore:
live forever
i am the walrus

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 10:51 AM

For a band that's tried so hard to convey an image of rock n roll and want so much to be edgy... they are a boring band to be a real fan of. They have an attitude and a swagger, but the product and the performance is very corporate. Playing only arena shows with the same set every night only when they have a new album to promote is not a very exciting thing or a very fun thing if that's all there is to the live aspect of the band. For a band that has been together this long with this many albums out it should really be more interesting as far as varied sets. venues go. At this point the only thing interesting or Rock n Roll about them is solely the attitude problem and the sibling rivalry. But even that has gotten stale.

Mix it up boys, your losing us.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 10:57 AM

@10:24

If thats your viewpoint, thats fine. Seeing that i was *in* toronto when that knobhead JUMPED noel and broke three of his ribs (and he still came out and finished the set, including singing the songs he normally sings... but he doesn't care about the fans) but that's fine.

everyone knows that there has been too much history with the band to try to swing people from one camp or the other. do they change the set list? no. but i know that rareities like masterplan or slide away might not be played for... maybe 6? 10 years? so i'll keep going to hear it because i might not have that chance again. they played hello on the 02 tour and havent since. maybe not ever again.

as for terminal 5, they didn't reschedule. but they did a similar show in the UK for fan club people before the injury happened. and they plan out tours 18 months in advance. hopefully they'll be able to make it up to those BVers on here who werent able to flip the tickets to pay the rent.

but again, thats fine.

CommGuru/Sons of the Stage 2009 come on feel the noize.

Posted by Tony the Drummer | December 18, 2008 11:01 AM

Don't Look Back In Anger
Champagne Supernova
All Around The World

Rock n Roll Star

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:11 AM

11:01:

well if your going to introduce the economics of tickets then I say that's even more of a reason to say they don;t give a shit about their fans. The Terminal Five tickets were $50 and enabled any real fans to get their real early and be right up front. But instead any NY fans that had tickets to that and still wanted to see Oasis this time around after that was cancelled had to pay TWICE as much to be farther away in a room five times the size.

Thanks guys.

And you are that much of fan blinded by loyalty that you suck up every little one or two song crumb that they give you every 6 or 10 years? That sounds like it's great to be that big a fan of this band if thats what keep you going. Your an easy to please fan. With fans like you they don't have to do much. And they certainly don't.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:14 AM

The UK club show and the never re-scheduled Terminal 5 shows were record company record release promotional type performances. More evidence of the corporate nature of the band at this point. These weren't shows that Oasis decided to do for the fun of it for the fans. They were not the band's idea, and once they had an out for the second one, they simply showed their disinterest by not doing it at a later date.

What a bunch of rebels.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:17 AM

I went to the last show a few years back at the Garden, and didn't go this time because I thought that it would pretty much be the same performance, even if the songs were different. By looking at these photos I realize I was right.. I'm sure it was great and fun for the people there, but it didn't seem like I needed to fork over real money to see the exact same performance from the band three years later. And last time the set list was better.

I hope all who went had a great time. From someone who saw them at the Garden already, I liked it but didn't need to see them there again.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:21 AM

Noel finished the set in Toronto because he had to. The contract said they had to perform a certain amount of time. It wasn't for the fans, it was so that the band could get paid in full without an argument or penalty.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:23 AM

Oh yeah you know that for a fact 1123? Noel said he went on because he owed the fans. OWED THEM because some jackass tried to ruin their show.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:27 AM

Did they borrow the LCD background from R.E.M.?

Did Ryan Adams pay back Courtney's money yet?

Posted by Lori | December 18, 2008 11:28 AM

If you are in a band that has sold 60,000,000 records worldwide... you don't think you need an actual organization to run it? If Marnie Stern wants to burn a few more CDRs and sell them out of the back of her trunk, god bless. But if she had sold 60m, I bet you she'd have her act together also.

le sigh.

Posted by Tony the Drummer | December 18, 2008 11:32 AM

What do THINK he's going to say?.... "Hey everybody, I'm just finishing up the set here because I want to make sure I get my check." C'mon. Of course he's going to say some bullcrap like I Owe the fans. When has Oasis EVER gone out of their way to do ANYTHING for the fans. This was just finishing up a set that was almost over anyway so that there would be no problem with the money flow.

Don't be so gullible. When a rich rock star tells you its all about you don;t automaticaly believe it. Especially when there is no precedent from said rock star.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:33 AM

The shame is that Oasis could be a cool edgy rock n roll band, but instead they've made themselves quite boring and uneventful.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:35 AM

Roll With It is the only truly good song this awful band has ever done.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:36 AM

Ok, so if you can't trust Noel's word we automatically have to believe it is for money reasons? I'm pretty sure this band has loads of money, 60 million albums sold, and a UK summer tour that almost exceeded a million tickets sold. If Noel really didn't want to finish that gig, he wouldn't. Look at all the tours he and Liam walked out on in the US forgoing tons of money in their US prime. They even managed to fuck up MTV Unplugged and MTV Music Awards.

When they play it is because they WANT TO PLAY.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:38 AM

The shame of this tour was that Terminal 5 would have been a PERFECT venue for them. I've seen them in arenas and I've seen them in smaller venues, and they really are a band that is suited better for a smaller general admission club. Sonically, attitude wise, visually, they come of much better in the confines of a smaller venue. Pity that the better of the two New York shows never happened.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:38 AM

"When they play it is because they WANT TO PLAY."

Which means they don't want to play too much.

Have they ever just played shows or toured without a record to push? I don't think so.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:41 AM

Oasis only does things for two reasons... money and status.

The fans are only pawns in the game.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:42 AM

Hey 11:41, they toured the US in spring of 2001 not promoting an album. Do a little research before coming off like you are ignorant.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:50 AM

Radiohead at APW or Oasis at MSG? Which was better? Serious question, serious answers please.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:54 AM

Oasis at the Garden. No doubt. Radiohead was pretty awesome though. Tough call.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:56 AM

great pictures, can we talk a little bit about equipment, lenses and settings? thanks

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:57 AM

98 comments! Oasis draws interest if you love them or hate them.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:58 AM

11:50:

That's why I posed it as a QUESTION dumbass. It's only ignorant if someone makes a false statement as fact. I asked "HAVE they ever just played shows or toured without a record to push? A QUESTION. I added "I Don't think so", because I didn't know if they did but assumed that they hadn't. That's not ignorant.

It wasn't worth the resaearch because I knew that if I asked this on this thread some moron like you would do the work for me and answer it in a loser heartbeat.

So thanks for the answer.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 12:00 PM

Dan Deacon is for h-mos

Posted by Queer Bear | December 18, 2008 12:04 PM

Could This band put any less effort into promoting the new album?

Album promo show in NYC cancelled and never re-scheduled.

Street and Subway Busker event in NYC ended up a dud after none of the members of the band showed up anywhere after it was suggested they might/would.

Only ONE show in the only city (new York) that sold out on the entire US tour.

Nice effort guys. No wonder your popularity here is diminishing.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 12:06 PM

This thread is more interesting than the show.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 12:07 PM

Radiohead > Muse > Oasis > Coldplay

Posted by Jonny Greenwood is the man | December 18, 2008 12:07 PM

OASIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 12:08 PM

Noel Gallagher hates stupid hipster. SOLD IT OUT!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 12:10 PM

Radiohead/Oasis >>>> Doves >>>>>>> Elbow >>>>>>>Muse >>>> Coldplay

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 12:12 PM

12:06.... well said. It's hard to get all excited for/about a band that puts no effort or excitement into selling/showcasing their own product.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 12:12 PM

Guess what? Hipsters suck!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 12:13 PM

picks are swweeeeeeeeeet. especially that lead-in of what's his fuck gallagher.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 12:16 PM

Oasis have written some blinding material that nobody can rival:

LIVE FOREVER
WHATEVER
SUPERSONIC
SLIDE AWAY
WONDERWALL
DON'T LOOK BACK IN ANGER
CHAMPAGNE SUPERNOVA
MASTERPLAN

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 12:17 PM

Twat band, twat songs, twat lyrics, twat fans.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 12:24 PM

those are some great songs, but the absurd suggestion that nobody can rival them is well.... absurd.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 12:25 PM

Funny the only reviews of this show anywhere seem to be on this thread right here on Brooklyn Vegan.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 12:30 PM

The gig was fantastic last night
Sold out about 14,500 on hand
radiohead bore the world
erac to the L train
3 gigs at wembley next summer
the fans are quite ok thank you
10 stadiium shows in total
650K tickets sold already
Oasis > all BV sponsored bands
Oasis > All BV haters
See you in Philly
good night
god bless
safe journey home
rock n roll star...

Posted by boneheads bank holiday | December 18, 2008 12:37 PM

how come all these 'dream' setlists dont include shes electric?!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 12:45 PM

What kind of camera do you have? These are great pics.

Posted by Patrick | December 18, 2008 12:58 PM

If I were a real fan living in NYC of this band I'd be starved. One freaking arena gig in the whole area every freaking three years? I'd move on to another band with a more engaging itinerary.

C'mon Oasis. This show sold out (the only one on the tour), why didn't you also play a show at the Meadowlands arena or another nearby stop with a slightly different set list? A second NYC area show would have sold more tickets than any of the other shows you booked in the US on this tour, Stupid booking. Just stupid.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 1:05 PM

12:06

Liam and Andy Bell showed up for that event, but hey thats fine.

Good luck
God Bless
Safe journey onward
Rock and roll star
every one of ya

Posted by Tony the Drummer | December 18, 2008 1:12 PM

Oasis rules!!!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 1:21 PM

where did Liam show up at the busker event? I never heard that he did..... Just curious

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 1:33 PM

Oasis generates posts!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 1:34 PM

Oasis are playing Camden an hour and a half from NYC...not that far!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 1:36 PM

Fact: Oasis always puts on a MEGA show in the Philadelphia/Camden area. Get ready to ROCK n ROLL baby!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 1:40 PM

Awesome pix!
I was there last night and now im gonna add these to my favorites to have the memories!
thanx!

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 1:43 PM

Anybody else notice the tons of hot tail at the show last night? I think I like Oasis girls.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 1:44 PM

Hey there Hobo McJesus -why did you spend $50+ to go see a group of "talentless hacks"? -and if you didn't, why are you wasting our time commenting about a Concert you didn't go to and a band you don't like?

Why not leave it to people who went, to say whether they played well or not?

You're evidently a failed musician yourself as you give yourself such credibility to critique all living bands, who probably still puts on his early 90's demo CD. Way to aim for the middle dude.

Oasis are rock royalty outside the US -I wasn't expecting much from last night's gig- but thought they were still really tight for a bunch of beerheads. It was a great show. No one seemed to miss you.

Lay off the stimulants.

Posted by CrooklynKiwi | December 18, 2008 2:03 PM

Kyle is using a Canon 50D with at least a 50 f/1.8 and 70-200 f/2.8 lens combo.

Posted by the EXIF reader | December 18, 2008 2:08 PM

Great Pictures !!! I had a great time last night. Danced my little ass off. I was up in the nosebleeds though so it looked like a hell of a lot more fun down on the floor with the sailors and loud people. There was one guy jumping like a maniac the whole time. was funny. :) Thanx for the pics. x

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 2:11 PM

"Funny, there's no culture divide when it comes to other British acts HUGELY successful in America.... The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who. Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc etc etc. This list goes on and on.

It's a crap and lame argument to say that Oasis's popularity in the States is due to a cultural musical divide between the US and Britain when Oasis's music is based on a style from bands from Britain that have ben hugely successful in the USA. "

10:36, I think you're missing the point. Nobody is suggesting that EVERY British band suffers from a cultural divide with the states. Besides, the bands you cited are all 30-40 years on since their inception and heyday, so modern comparisons don't really apply for any number of reasons. Most of those groups were hugely influenced by American music and some were even accused for years of stealing the sound of lesser known American acts. They might have been British, but they sounded familiar to American ears.

John Lennon even admitted in the early days to bending songs to appeal to the American market. This is from the Wikipedia entry on "All I've Got to Do" "It was one of three songs Lennon wrote solo for With the Beatles, with "It Won't Be Long"[10] and "Not a Second Time."[11] Lennon said that it was written specifically for the American market; the idea of calling a girl on the telephone was unthinkable to a British youth in the early 1960s. For instance, Lennon said in an interview regarding “No Reply”: “I had the image of walking down the street and seeing her silhouetted in the window and not answering the 'phone, although I have never called a girl on the 'phone in my life! Because 'phones weren’t part of the English child’s life”."

My point is that they were bands steeped in American music and trying not to sound alien to an American market. Oasis is a band reared on the sounds of these British bands that, despite their "Americaness" still had distinct British qualities that would be very obvious to a British listener. You can say the same for plenty of other British acts of the last two decades that haven't found the success on these shores as they have in Britian (The Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, Blur, Suede, Pulp, etc). These groups never tried to "sound American" and wore their Britishness on their sleeves proudly, paying the price with a lack of crossover success in the states.

Let's not forget The Kinks and The Jam either, two great British bands that were never appreciated in the states even remotely like they were in Britain.

I mean, by your logic, Coldplay - a British band that enjoys huge success in the states - are a great band. Shudder...

Oasis are what they are and I don't think it's overly defending them to say that a lack of understanding of their source material undermines many listeners ability to appreciate them. That along with the ostentatiousness of their persona and presentation make for a really hard sell to many listeners on this side of the Atlantic. I don't blame people for not liking them, but to simply just say that they suck is a pretty short sighted argument.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 2:34 PM

Coldplay sucks

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 2:57 PM

7:40.. most crowds in NYC are like that. They were actually louder than usual. I gotta say, Philly concert goers are really really loud. I love going to shows there.

Posted by uberone | December 18, 2008 3:04 PM

Amen 2:34.

Posted by uberone | December 18, 2008 3:08 PM

nice essay 2:34 another shit British band that was geared to USA market that comes to mind is Bush.

I do find it strange that Bruce Springsteen is as popular in Europe and England as he is, I wouldnt think he would translate well at all. Other bands USA bands like Lynard Skynard, Grateful Dead, are barely known in Europe.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 3:11 PM

First time seeing them last night - wasn't WOW'ed, wasn't disappointed either. "Live Forever" would have made my night but I guess they don't play it anymore (Thanks Noel) so I wasn't expecting it and neither should the rest of you in the future.

Don't involve MUSE in this conversation either, they kick ass. Feel free to continue shitting on Coldplay, however.

Posted by Funderburgh | December 18, 2008 3:20 PM

C'mon. Oasis too British for Americans? Bollocks. The Who have repeatedly put out material based entirely on British themes that American youth couldn;t possibly relate to and yet..... they were and are huge in the USA. What American teenager could relate directly with the Mods and Rockers themes of Quadrophenia? Yet that album was a gigantic seller here and a large part of their legacy here in the USA.

Also, I really don't think that Oasis sound particularly British. They have a distorted guitar driven wall of sound which borrows from a lot of American rock genres... punk, garage, and melodies borrowed from American 60's pop.

Face it, they are not that huge because they are simply too derivative.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 3:28 PM

How often does Noel have his wighat fluffed?

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 3:30 PM

oasis sucks, ryan adams sucks, dan deacon sucks, coldplay sucks, neil young sucks, msg sucks. nyc sucks. beatles rule.

Posted by ringo | December 18, 2008 5:29 PM

Oasis used to not suck, ryan adams has always sucked, coldplay has always sucked,neil young sucks only sometimes, msg didn't used to suck, nyc didnt used to suck, beatles always rule.

times have changed.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 5:45 PM

and Dan Deacon sucks so bad that he doesn't warrant inclusion in the above 'times they are a changin'' post.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 5:46 PM

oasis = diarrhea. Ryan Adams = turd. Dan Deacon = block of shite. Coldplay = vomit. Neil Young = gemstones. MSG = excrement. NYC = sunflowers. Beatles = chocolate truffles. Hold Steady = undigested corn pellet. Arcade Fire = High score on MRS. Pac-Man with skittles in your pocket. Animal Collective = BRAIN BONER

Posted by Nes | December 18, 2008 6:37 PM

Ride is a lot fucking better than Oasis. Andy Bell, I know you needed the money.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 7:48 PM

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 7:49 PM

Radiohead Blows

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 8:15 PM

genuinely quite a dull show. New songs don't translate that well live, especially Falling Down - horrible. Old songs they plodded through.

Nothing particularly interesting or rarities - although Masterplan was a treat, and beautifully tight. You'd have thought seeing Neil the night before, Noel might have pulled Hey Hey My My out of his arse, but no....we got I am the Walrus zzz zzz.

Trouble is with Oasis, such a big catalogue of songs now, and they don't mix it up night after night, it's all just so choreographed and predictable.

Posted by andy c | December 18, 2008 8:53 PM

Awesome show. Was there and glad for it. Enjoyed all the songs - and I'm American by the way.

And, idiot, the keyboard player is Jay Darlington, formerly of Kula Shaker. The new drummer (Chris Sharrock) was in The La's, the bassist (Andy Bell) was a singer/songwriter/lead guitar of Ride, and the rhythm and sometimes lead guitar is Gem Archer, singer/songwriter/lead guitar of Heavy Stereo. It's a bloody all star band.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 8:55 PM

if you are a yank, stop using the term 'bloody.'

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 9:19 PM

that show was bloody awesome.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 9:24 PM

If you are a Brit, stop using the word 'yank.'

We won. Get over it.

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 9:24 PM

no you didn't. We shag your birds and drink your beer.

'hello ladies' is enough to get your birds all hot and bothered.

as was witnessed las night. heh heh.

Posted by andy c | December 19, 2008 12:28 AM

guys, guys!... you're both just... just horrible people.

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2008 7:35 AM

andy c, you are british. There is NO WAY you get "birds" but I'll give you the fact you drink beer.

I am Greek and while on vacation in Greece every summer see the pathetic display of game that British men have, which leaves the British girls easy prey for the smooth Greek guys.

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2008 7:56 AM

BLOODY BLIMEY MATE!

What a rollicking affair me mateys! I daresay I quite enjoyed meself whilst downing a lager and winking at the birds in attendance!

And my word, what a strapping set of hooligans Oasis are. I was most transported by their stirring anthems and poesy!

As for the other rubbish acts mentioned, what a bloody rum lot! The next time I see a bloke wearing a Radiohead shirt, by jove I'll give 'im the eye, perhaps even a proper slap to the jaw!

Ta ta, I'm off for some eel pie and trifle!

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2008 8:01 AM

who's ryan adams? he sucks. dont take his picture or mention him, ever. please

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2008 10:01 AM

Oasis is going to rock Camden hard tonight!!! All aboard the Oasis train......

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2008 3:35 PM

DIG OUR YOUR SOUL.......COS HERE WE GO!

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2008 3:57 PM

Best song of the year has got to be 'Falling Down'

The summer sun,
It blows my mind,
It's falling down on all that I've ever known,
Time to kiss the world goodbye,
Falling down on all that I've ever known,
Is all that I've ever known.

A dying scream,
It makes no sound,
Calling out to all that I've ever known,
Here am I, lost and found,
Calling out to all...

We live a dying dream,
If you know what I mean,
All that I've ever known,
It's all that I've ever known.

Catch the wind that breaks the butterfly,
I cried the rain that fills the ocean wide,
I tried to talk to God to no avail,
Calling my name from out of nowhere,
I said "If you won't save me, please don't waste my time"

Catch the wind that breaks the butterfly,
I cried the rain that fills the ocean wide,
I tried to talk to God to no avail,
Calling my name from out of nowhere,
I said "If you won't save me, please don't waste my time"

The summer sun,
It blows my mind,
It's falling down on all that I've ever known,
Time to kiss the world goodbye,
Falling down on all that I've ever known,
Is all that I've ever known.

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2008 4:12 PM

I really really really REALLY REALLY REALLY hope Oasis comes back in the spring for another US tour.

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2008 4:15 PM

Listen to the magick....magick...magick...magick!

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2008 4:17 PM

Ok, as of now for the next Oasis album we know the band has the following songs completed, ready to be recorded:

Stop The Clocks
I Want To Live In A Dream In My Record Machine
Come On (It's Alright)
Evil Eye

Plus 10 tracks Noel wrote while mixing Dig Out Your Soul in Los Angeles. This is for his proposed concept album idea.

Very excited!

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2008 4:22 PM

Oasis is coming back in the spring to tour with Weezer I hear....

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2008 4:22 PM

"I Want To Live In A Dream In My Record Machine" LOL

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2008 4:33 PM

4:33....that song actually sounds epic both in titles and in reality. There is a demo of it floating around on the net. Check it out.

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2008 4:42 PM

O A S I S > U2

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2008 4:44 PM

"I Want To Live In A Dream In My Record Machine" -- jesus. What a fucking joke band.

Posted by Anonymous | December 19, 2008 4:58 PM

Videos from Oasis' gig in Camden last night. Liam rules.

Don’t Look Back In Anger

Champagne Supernova

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2008 12:25 PM

great show last night in Camden/Philadelphia. What is the deal with this proposed spring tour with Weezer?

Oasis better be the headliner. Weezer sucks.

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2008 12:41 PM

stop the clocks and turn the world around................

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2008 12:44 PM

OASIS > WILLIAM HUNG

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2008 1:01 PM

OASIS > WILLIAMSBURG

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2008 1:01 PM

OASIS >>> ANIMAL COLLECTIVE & BEIRUT

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2008 1:04 PM

we're all part of a masterplan!

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2008 1:22 PM

U2 stinks and so does bloc party

Posted by Anonymous | December 20, 2008 1:48 PM

Oasis & Louis CK > Weezer & Dane Cook

Posted by Anonymous | December 22, 2008 11:40 PM

jigga man< Oasis

Posted by Anonymous | December 22, 2008 11:58 PM

Oasis is by far my favorite band of all time and seeing them live at MSG made me realize why I love them so much. They tore it up. They have a swagger like no one else and don't give a fuck. I like that. For all of you who come on here to complain about Oasis you still care enough to write about them because of your hate towards all the success they have accomplished. Jealousy is a bad habit. There is nothing anyone can say to change my mind about how amazing this band is. There is no one that compares to the sound they produce and are one of the only bands that are still doing tours and making new alblums (Dig Out Your Soul) in 08-09. I only hope that this rumor of a spring tour in 09' is true because I will have to grab tickets asap.

Posted by Anonymous | December 25, 2008 2:23 AM

*one of the only bands out of the 90's*

Posted by Anonymous | December 25, 2008 2:25 AM

Oasis is THE best band on the planet...the end. Drove 6+ hours to see them in Montreal on September 5 and 5+ hours to see them at Madison Square Garden in NYC. Both concerts were unreal.

Posted by Anonymous | December 26, 2008 11:03 PM

Islam is a religion of peace

Posted by منتديات | February 23, 2011 6:16 PM