Posted in music | tour dates on December 17, 2008

Yo Dude

Bonnaroo, the East Coast's premiere multi-day, multi-stage gathering of the vibes (held in Manchester, Tennessee from June 11th to 14th) usually doesn't release its lineup until early February -- but RollingStone.com hears from reliable sources close to Phish that the band will top the bill for two nights, restoring the fest to its jam-friendly roots.......Also being buzzed about with some legitimacy: Bruce Springsteen as Sunday night's closer...

As for Coachella, the fest reputed for reuniting many a dormant band (the Pixies in 2004, Rage Against the Machine in 2007), Blur is believed to be a frontrunner, though a show scheduled for London's Hyde Park in July raises some doubt -- would the Brits really forestall a comeback gig on their home turf for a U.S. one-off jaunt?.... [Rolling Stone]

Maybe Coachella will get "the Specials".

i will smoke some weed

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 10:47 AM

Kind veggie burrito for your extra.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 10:47 AM

Blur are cool, but would they sell tickets? I hope they don't break the bank on that one for their sake.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 10:51 AM

Blur IS cool

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 10:52 AM

umm phish for two nights, and bruce on Sunday ...thats the way you sell tickets in a down economy

Posted by bruce anastasio | December 17, 2008 10:53 AM

Coachella headliners are:

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 10:53 AM

maybe The Flaming Lips will curate some Blur into ATP NY

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 10:56 AM

We think it’s more likely Britney Spears would pull off a dance tent set, a la Madonna in 2006. (And wouldn’t you know it, Britney is off on Coachella Saturday, April 18th, between tour stops in Los Angeles and Anaheim.) Other artists currently looking at routing dates around the three-day party in the desert include Coachella vets Red Hot Chili Peppers as well as the Pretenders, the Killers, Keane and We Are Scientists.

WHERE IS DAFT PUNK!

Posted by hahhahah | December 17, 2008 11:21 AM

Springsteen is WAY too huge to headline on Sunday.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 11:26 AM

Doubt Blur is playing Coachella. They're not going to use a stage that big as a warm-up show. No way RHCP or Depeche Mode are playing already again either.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 11:38 AM

Phish/Springsteen would be fantastic if it actually comes to fruition. Wow.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 11:39 AM

Blur isn't even that big in the states.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 11:40 AM

Nice article. One of the more creative articles I have read recently .

Posted by ألعاب | December 17, 2008 11:43 AM

Blur are shite.
Love, Mogwai

Posted by nsfw | December 17, 2008 11:50 AM

Well someoneeeeee been reading my fantasy festival lineup for once! I wonder if I'll get free tickets for predicting Phish's set.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 11:58 AM

phish makes me want to stab my ears with sharp knives

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 12:05 PM

"Bonnaroo, the East Coast's premiere multi-day, multi-stage gathering of the vibes"

Hey, Rolling Stone...

Bonnaroo is in the SOUTH!!!

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 12:10 PM

Most appropriate picture ever.

Posted by Anthony F. | December 17, 2008 12:13 PM

Wow...the comments for that rolling stone article are even dumber than the ones here.

Posted by D.D.D.Dave | December 17, 2008 12:35 PM

This is a rumor, i highly doubt phish will headline at all, they might have their own festival in the same location from what i heard. As for Bruce, fine by me, just another chance to leave the camp grounds early sunday morning.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 1:22 PM

Haven't been back to Coffee county since the first Boneroo. Nothing but wastiods and assholes not into the music but rather looking for a scene at which to get wasted. I thought that's why phish broke up too, they couldn't handle the scene they helped to cultivate. Wouldn't this just be adding some fuel to the idiot fire I'm all too afraid Phish 2.2 scene will be? I won't be in TN in June, but I can assure you that a bunch of d bags will.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 1:57 PM

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 2:06 PM

Phish broke up because Trey had a drug problem. As for the scene, just like the hipster scene you tools love, there are just as many d-bags as there are at Phish shows. D-bags are everywhere, get use to it, ya moron.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 2:12 PM

I really hope Phish doesn't do this. If they want to make some sort of triumphant return, this is not the way to do it. Would much prefer a summer shed tour, personally, and skipping the festival circuit altogether.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 2:19 PM

Phish broke up for many reasons: one of which was Trey's drug (and ego) problem, as well as, the reputation that followed the band for years (banned from New Orleans jazz fest, red rocks, etc) and various other factors too countless to go into here. And no, d-bags aren't everywhere, probably just wherever that imbecile anonymous 2:12 congregates.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 2:34 PM

POSTER NUTBAG!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 2:50 PM

I don't want a goldfish.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 2:54 PM

Phish is a guarantee way to seel over 100,000 tickets. It's smart. Bruce will be pretty boring. I saw a show on the television of Bruce Springstein and they were high fiving each other the whole time like they just won the super bowl or solved world peace. Hmmmm maybe Bruce can bring us world peace. Every year thousands of college kids, wastoids, and people that just want to do drugs go to Bonarooo no matter who headlines. I don't know why people are freaking out because it is Phish. I hope Trey gets his drug problem in check and of course, ego.

Posted by Dooder City | December 17, 2008 3:11 PM

I want a dog.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 3:11 PM

I've been walkin cross a log, I've been wonderin where my dog done gone

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 3:42 PM

"Depeche Mode is a lock...announcing Coachella and a few other US warm up dates before they start their big tour in Europe in May."

You are wrong. They just played in 2006. They don't need to do it again and will do their own tour.

Posted by danny | December 17, 2008 3:59 PM

they both fucking suck balls

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 4:21 PM

Is that a Maddox MS Paint drawing? Kind of takes me back.

Posted by Kyle | December 17, 2008 4:56 PM

got some 'shrooms, brah... trade fer some nugs?

Posted by tyler | December 17, 2008 5:12 PM

"Coachella headliners are:
Depeche Mode, Killers, Oasis, Morrissey and Neil Young. No Blur and no Stone Roses."
Depeche Mode will not be there.

Posted by Monklish | December 17, 2008 5:59 PM

hey, brah, we just need some gas money... trade fer some dank nugs.

Posted by tyler | December 17, 2008 6:21 PM

Has anyone seen when the new DM album drops? 2 days after Coachella...think this makes more sense than Neil Young or the Killers.

Posted by Anonymous | December 17, 2008 10:52 PM

Hey Monklish, does that mean Morrissey and Oasis will be there/

Posted by Anonymous | December 18, 2008 11:04 AM

The Jonas bros. are way too popular to not be the main headliner for day 2

Posted by Anonymous | December 23, 2008 7:22 PM

FRIDAY:
The Killers/Weezer/Franz Ferdinand/Underworld

SATURDAY:
Oasis/Pulp/A Tribe Called Quest/Kylie Minogue

SUNDAY:
The Smiths/Neil Young/Public Enemy/The Chemical Brothers

Posted by Merry Christmas | December 26, 2008 4:47 AM

P.S. Kings of Leon on Sunday main stage before Neil Young.

Posted by Merry Christmas | December 26, 2008 4:50 AM

The two comments above are some lame lurker from the Coachella board who actually knows jack about the lineup. He's been making his rounds on all the blogs with the Pulp reunion, and has changed his story 3 times already drastically.

Posted by Anonymous | December 26, 2008 11:39 AM

No to The Smiths, Pulp, Kylie

Posted by Monklish | December 29, 2008 2:49 PM

gooballs for your extra

Posted by Anonymous | December 29, 2008 3:19 PM

No Blur, no Pulp, no Radiohead, no Smiths, no Daft Punk, no Orbital, no White Stripes, but yes to The Killers, Coldplay, Paul McCartney, Morrissey.

Posted by Monklish | December 30, 2008 5:33 PM

@Monklish533: Get your own shtick.

The airports are significantly less crowded this holiday. For as much as O'Hare gets crapped on for being the worst run airport in America, at least the WiFi works.

I rarely hear about headliners until early January. I'm done posting my tips on blog comments. For one thing, this forum makes me too snarky. I prefer my blog, now, because I can respond to people at my own discretion without the temptation to belittle them for being dickish. Last year, I was correct about Portishead, Kraftwerk, Roger Waters, the Verve, Prince, and incorrect about a few bands that I was told weren't going to be there (Islands and Black Kids come to mind), but instead of just posting that as is, I felt more tempted to play the role of mysterious blog comment douche with the know-it-all riddling enigma bullshit. I've stopped this, been much more straightforward in blog form, and many others have gladly taken over my role as know-it-all riddling enigma bullshit douche. I know my own credibility. I don't know theirs. I know that what they say often differs from what I've been told or know, so take that as you will.

To clarify, I never denounced Blur, Pulp, Radiohead, Daft Punk, Orbital, nor the White Stripes on my blog. This doesn't mean that they will or will not be there. It means that I don't know. I do know that the Smiths won't be there, and thankfully, I think the last of the hopefuls have come back to the side of acceptance. And I do know that I will probably know 2 or 3 of the headliners in the next couple of weeks. So that's that.

Now I'm going to close Citrix and get back to my vacation so I can ignore this lovely festival and work emails in parallel.

Posted by Monklish | December 30, 2008 6:54 PM

Don't worry Monklish, some of us appreciate the blog and if it is revealed that you've been generally accurate once the lineup is revealed, you will be undeniably a god of the interwebs.

Posted by Anonymous | December 30, 2008 8:51 PM

P.S. Broken Social Scene and Katy Perry are confirmed.

Posted by Monklish | December 31, 2008 2:14 AM

Friday-The Killers, Pulp, Franz Ferdinand
Saturday-Coldplay, Neil Young, A Tribe Called Quest
Sunday-Paul McCartney, Morrissey, Kings of Leon

Promoters are still scrambling to confirm a couple major dance acts but expect Underworld and/or the Chemical Brothers, Armin Van Buuren, and possibly Basement Jaxx or Prodigy.

Posted by Spoiler Whore | January 1, 2009 6:09 AM

David Bowie, The Killers, Blur, The Kinks, Neil Young, Morrissey, Franz Ferdinand, Public Enemy, A Tribe Called Quest

Posted by Monklish | January 4, 2009 1:35 PM

Bowie is not playing.

Posted by Monklish | January 4, 2009 4:37 PM

The impostor is wrong about Bowie and the Kinks. Aerosmith and Journey will be there instead.

Posted by Monklish | January 4, 2009 4:41 PM

Randy Newman has been confirmed.

Posted by Monklish | January 4, 2009 4:43 PM

Your mom is confirmed

Posted by Anonymous | January 4, 2009 5:04 PM

Coldplay, the Killers, Phish to headline.

Posted by Monklish | January 4, 2009 8:26 PM

CSS IS HEADLINING BOTH BONNAROO AND COACHELLA

Posted by Anonymous | January 4, 2009 8:36 PM

The Killers.......Blur.......Paul Mccartney performing the entire Let it be Album

Posted by monklish | January 4, 2009 9:58 PM

Thanks for turning me into a joke.

Posted by Monklish | January 7, 2009 3:01 AM

You guys really hurt my feelings you know.

Posted by Monklish | January 8, 2009 8:39 AM

It's the moment you've all been waiting for. The time when you finally see if the rumors are true or if we have some tricks up our sleeve...
Can't wait for the Bonnaroo lineup? We'll be making our initial artist announcement on Tuesday, February 3rd. Check out the Bonnaroo website and look for an email, we have lots of exciting updates coming soon!

In an effort to raise awareness of water issues facing the world, reducing waste, and upgrading the drinking water onsite, Bonnaroo and our friends at Stanley nineteen13 are implementing the Bottle-less Water Program. For each purchase of this Bonnaroo branded reusable stainless steel water bottle, $1 will go to the Global Water Challenge who's mission is to generate a global movement to meet the urgent need for safe water and sanitation by spurring collective awareness and investment in innovation by corporate, public, and nongovernmental sectors.
At Bonnaroo, in addition to our usual free high quality well water (similar to tap), we'll have free filtered drinking water stations at various locations where you will be able to fill up your Bonnaroo water bottle for use throughout the festival. To make it easy, all water bottles will be picked up at the festival. We encourage you to purchase one of these super cool limited edition Bonnaroo water bottles and become part of the solution to reduce waste, and help bring safe drinking water to those in need. Reduce, reuse, recycle, and educate.

Posted by Anonymous | January 28, 2009 4:18 PM

Islam is a religion of peace

Posted by منتديات | February 23, 2011 12:12 PM