Posted in music | tour dates on January 25, 2009

Grizzly Bear

Grizzly Bear's new album will be released by Warp Records in May. There's no title or tracklist or much else known about it yet, but Nico Muhly did some arrangements for the Brooklyn Youth Chorus and a string quartet, all of whom are credited as contributors on the new record.

Nico Muhly also did arrangements for the Grizzly Bear / Brooklyn Philharmonic show coming up at BAM on February 28th. Tickets for that are sold out, BUT tickets go on sale Monday for a Valentine's day show at Galapagos in DUMBO. "The New Yorker will debut a new series of cabaret-style evenings, The New Yorker Speakeasy. Conversations and cocktails... no password required." The February 14th edition will be hosted by The New Yorker's fiction editor Deborah Treisman and feature performances/conversations by Gabriel Byrne, Jeffrey Eugenides, Victor Rasuk, Karen Russell, Grizzly Bear, "and more". Expect maybe four songs from the band after an introduction by New Yorker music critic Sasha Frere-Jones.

The last Grizzly Bear-related show in NYC was the Department of Eagles one at Bowery Ballroom.

Final Fantasy also plays the show at BAM, and has two other shows coming up at The Kitchen.

Grizzly Bear and lots of others appear on the new 4AD charity comp "Dark Was the Night.

Grizzly Bear performed their new song "Two Weeks" on Letterman over the summer. It will probably appear on the new album. Watch & listen below...

omg! yes!
is Galapagos all ages?!?!

Posted by Pedro | January 25, 2009 11:15 PM

I really can't wait for their album. Like, really can't wait....

Posted by Anonymous | January 25, 2009 11:23 PM

that 'two weeks' song is just fabulous.
i love department of eagles stuff but i never got into grizzly bear... i guess i should get on that now.

Posted by imkoreansowhat | January 26, 2009 1:16 AM

Hopefully they will sell hard tickets to the galapagos show.

Posted by Belmont regular | January 26, 2009 5:38 AM

Soon this band won't be "Under The Radar" anymore..

...thats my bad pun for the day

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 8:49 AM

I wish the video of them playing "While You Wait for the Others" on Conan was still around...

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 9:44 AM

I predict a big year for these guys. Maybe not Animal Collective style but close.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 10:28 AM

Merriweather Post Pavilion > new Grizzly Bear album > new Antony album

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 10:39 AM

man, the concert at BAM with GB and FF is going to be legend - and wait for it, and I hope you're not lactose intolerant, because the next word is DAIRY.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 10:40 AM

mr. 10:39

If you haven't heard new Grizzly Bear album, how on fucking earth can you say that?

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 10:44 AM

at exactly what time do the galop tickets go on sale?

Posted by anon | January 26, 2009 10:47 AM

Seriously, people, I was fortunate enough to get a tiny preview of this record and it is mind-blowing. There's a new version of Two Weeks that is going to be the summer's big hit! You heard it here.

Posted by Philippe von Borries | January 26, 2009 11:24 AM

two weeks seems slotted for an ipod commercial

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 11:42 AM

just spoke with phone ticketer from SmartTix about Galapagos event. Totally unhelpful. Claimed that her computer can only show what tickets are on sale right now. She said to keep checking website for when and if they go on sale either today or tommorow.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 11:54 AM

on sale now.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 12:02 PM

You guys realize it's probably going to only be a few songs right?
When will this album leak

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 12:05 PM

Nice!! 8 ticket limit! Looks like it's going to be a great winter!!

Who wants Grizzly Bear tickets?

I'll make you best offer in town!!

Posted by Belmont regular | January 26, 2009 12:14 PM

good god those men are hideous

Posted by Sacred Absolute Hipster Cow | January 26, 2009 1:25 PM

"Who wants Grizzly Bear tickets?"

You can keep your tickets to their four song performance.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 1:33 PM

I am going to save myself the pain and suffering... it's not worth it for 4 songs... just isn't.

BAM will be perfect.

Posted by jason | January 26, 2009 1:50 PM

Something must be wrong with me because I don't agree with "sacred absolute hipster cow" and think they're hot.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 2:10 PM

^^ beer goggles.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 2:16 PM

pretty sober right now

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 2:21 PM

can't wait for this to be a bust!

i really liked yellow house but i am so annoyed by these losers.

on sundays when there's a really long line at the bagel store, i always get stuck next to the bass player from this band his face is just so hideous that i can't keep from looking at it and he probably thinks it's because he's in a "meaningful" band and sure i recognize him from magazine covers but i couldn't care less about that. it's like a car wreck that you can't turn away from. he is SO effing ugly dear god.

Posted by andrew. | January 26, 2009 2:30 PM

that lead singer needs someone to split his fucking lip open.

he is a smart ass little shit. I can't wait for that fat fuck's moment to end.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 2:36 PM

^^You are basing your judgement on the band by waiting in line for bagels next to the bassist? You sound like the ultimate tool.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 2:37 PM

Andrew, there are so many things wrong with that I don't even know where to begin...

I'll just say that it's counterintuitive for you to hope that a band you apparently like puts out a dud of an album. Because you can't stand what you think a member of said band thinks you're thinking when you think he thinks you're looking at him. Dear God.

And Chris Taylor is brilliant AND cute.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 2:38 PM

I'm more of a chris bear/ed man myself.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 2:40 PM

I suppose I'll have to stoop to the level of commenting on andrew and sacred cow hipster to remind you that if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all! My grandmother is turning over in her grave listening to the way you plebes talk.

These people are musicians, not models. I'd love to see what you all look like. Something tells my you aren't likely to post your pic in the comments section here--you'll probably just hide behind the text.

Honestly. What a cruel cruel world.

In the mean time, it's no secret that I'm a GB fan. And frankly, I don't much think about the way they look when I'm listening to their fantastic albums.

Posted by saddleshoos | January 26, 2009 2:41 PM

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 2:42 PM

2:42 made me LOL

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 2:43 PM

ps Edward is hot and I've had a crush on him since senior year at NYU

same with Taylor--I lusted after him at Oren's Roast on Waverly on the daily

Posted by saddleshoos | January 26, 2009 2:44 PM

god made him ugly for a reason, dammit!

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 2:46 PM

Looks like some people have some serious grudges on here. What a random band to hate on.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 2:47 PM

"While we are at it... fuck bagels too ! what an overrated breakfast food ! I hope bagels have a shitty year ! "

The Year of the Ox is mine!

Posted by Murray | January 26, 2009 2:49 PM

I don't care what they look like, and I think the music is boring. but my issue is with the lead singer and his arrogant fucking attitude.

He could use a real cutting down to size. Dude is one of the rudest, most tactless fucks that I've ever met.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 2:50 PM

saddleshoos, you're barking up the wrong tree, dear. i believe edward is the gay one in this band of misfits.

also, i don't actually hope the album fails. i just don't think anything can compare to merriweather post pavillion and i have such fanboy love for A.C. that i will bash anything takes away from their thunder.

but i'm serious about that dude being so ugly you can't help but stare.

Posted by andrew. | January 26, 2009 2:51 PM

I thought "andrew." was the worst person, but Anon 2:36 is giving him a run for his money. Don't get your hopes up, haters.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 2:53 PM

that ed guy is an asshole for real. I can't imagine what a headache he is for the other members of the band to deal with.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 2:54 PM

@ anon 2:54,

the dept. of eagles guy alluded to that in an interview he did on soundcheck on wnyc. i wasn't surprised to hear that.

Posted by andrew. | January 26, 2009 2:56 PM

Hey Andrew ... glad you clarified all that !

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 2:56 PM

Gizzly Bear vs. Animal Collective is the new Backstreet Boys vs. N'Sync, apparently.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 2:56 PM

that the lead singer is a prick is well known.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 2:58 PM

Ed has been a character since before anyone knew who Grizzly Bear was, and he can rub some people the wrong way. But he's really a sweetheart. Develop a sense of humor- it makes life easier!

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 2:59 PM

anonymous blog haters are like murderers, they almost always know their victims

Posted by fact | January 26, 2009 3:00 PM

ed is a rude, arrogant, self aggrandizing fat asshole.

seriously, one of the cattiest little bitches around. must suck to be in a band with him.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:02 PM

ANON 3:02, chill we get it. You don't need to comment 20 times about it. Somewhere along the line you had an altercation with him that has really stung you and left you wounded. I'm sure nobody else but you remembers it. Best to move on and deal methinks.

Posted by chillax | January 26, 2009 3:04 PM

Or they probably had one encounter with them upon which they've constructed an impression of their personality. Or, even more likely, heard something from somebody about this one time...

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:05 PM

ed sounds worse than scapler Seth

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:07 PM

Luckily for anon 3:02 he's safely at work in his cubicle, far away from the evils of being in a band with Ed. PHEW! What a relief, right anon. Carry on....

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:07 PM

If you seriously take into consideration an anonymous blog commenters impression of a person and then base your idea of that person but said anonymous comments, you have got to be one of the stupidest fucks ever. Get a clue. Unless you've actually hung out with anyone for more than a few hours, you really can't say shit.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:09 PM

yeah the famous rock guy couldn't possibly be a jerk, could he? that's unheard of!

famous people are always so nice and never have obnoxious egos!

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:10 PM

I'd probably be a prick too if I had to see that every morning staring back at me.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:13 PM

there are seriously 3 IP addresses in the second half of the thread. You guys should open up a chat room.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:15 PM

snd what if you have hung out with an individual for hours and hours and the guy was consistently a bastard?

let me guess what you'll say next: all criticism of the famous guy means that whoever levelled the criticism is "jealous."

Or wait, it's because they "have an axe to grind."

well here's an alternate explanation: Ed is a tiresome, shitty person, to strangers and friends alike

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:16 PM

i'm glad ya'll have a punching bag, insecure pricks.

these four are a sampling of the sweetest geniuses on the planet.

get a fucking therapist or read the secret already

Posted by chr | January 26, 2009 3:17 PM

^so you are his friend is what you are saying and know him well. Interesting. You guys should talk it out brah

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:18 PM

somebody in the Grizzly Bear camp is getting upset!

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:19 PM

I once saw Ed at a concert and he was super nice to me. he said i was his favorite fan and he patted me on the head. hes taller then me.

Posted by grizzly4life | January 26, 2009 3:35 PM

I don't care what it sounds like or how jilted one of its ex-boyfriends is

I love it and I want to jizz all over its nose

Posted by Bing | January 26, 2009 3:36 PM

This is the worst thread on Brooklyn Vegan of 2009. Nice one idiots.

Posted by H | January 26, 2009 3:36 PM

When I used to live with ed I would hear him singing in his room. his sweet voice would take me to a magical place and bring pleasent dreams to my sleeping soul. i also think hes extremly attractive.

Posted by indiecred311 | January 26, 2009 3:37 PM

The Grizzly Bear Band consist of 4 very attractive and nice boys. they all have formal degrees and smell delicious. i would love to be stuck in an elavater with chris bear. lost on an island with christ taylor. cruising america with dan. and i would love to go swimming with ed.

Posted by killersarethebestbandever | January 26, 2009 3:39 PM

somebody in the grizzly bear camp just sent out a mass txt asking for back up, hence a sudden smattering of supporting posts here

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:42 PM

"get a fucking therapist or read the secret already"

Funniest comment in defense of a band ever!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:45 PM

I can't wait til Grizzly Bear plays some more shows or puts the record out so people will have something to talk about besides their faces and personalities.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:46 PM

i just realized the bass player has a gremlin face. and not cute like gizmo, i mean scary like the ones that melt at the end.

Posted by andrew. | January 26, 2009 3:46 PM

really, that was funny to your ears? you dudes are chumps

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:46 PM

"really, that was funny to your ears? you dudes are chumps"

That's not very The Secret of you! bahahahaha!

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:50 PM

Andrew, you seem really preoccupied with Chris Taylor's appearance. Could you be hiding some secret desires from yourself?

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:51 PM

I don't know what's up with the "dude is ugly" part of this tread. he's a little unique looking perhaps, but pretty much within average range

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:53 PM

I'm sorry for all of the rude comments about appearance on here. I've decided, in observance of the Secret, to start out the year of the ox right! Good luck to GB!

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:53 PM

I've lived with every member of the band for 2 years each and I really was annoyed by ALL of them. They don't wash their dishes. They only bring their OWN mail up and not their roommates (ARROGANT!!!!)--I kept moving from member to member in order to collect more data and shit to talk on Brooklyn Vegan. I win!

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:58 PM

@ anon 3:51

no, that isn't it. i'm really just fascinated by how utterly unattractive this guy is. i've never seen someone so repulsive! it's weird, i don't know. looking at him, it's like watching the discovery channel. it's like some odd species i've never seen before. you know what i mean?

Posted by andrew. | January 26, 2009 3:59 PM

you losers are really running with this "the Secret" joke.

I imagine you at work, your sides literally splitting open

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 3:59 PM

also, thurston moore is my dad, soooo....

Posted by andrew. | January 26, 2009 4:02 PM

3:59, no, not at all. I think you're just a dufus, and I think you should stop assuming your passing thoughts are interesting to anyone but yourself

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 4:02 PM

Let's turn this into a thread about whether the secret joke was funny not. GO!

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 4:03 PM

>I think you're just a dufus, and I think you should stop assuming your passing thoughts are interesting to anyone but yourself <

hey ! if it wasn't for dufuses with uninteresting passing thoughts there would be no blogs ! ever think about that !

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 4:17 PM

Funny!

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 4:19 PM

not very

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 4:24 PM

Hey guys. I got a little preview of the album this weekend and it is beautiful. But I don't want to give anything away. The first track slays, but I don't know if the sequence I heard is final...

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 4:27 PM

Pathetic.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 5:05 PM

haters? nope.

people who tell the truth, dude

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 5:10 PM

"Just past 5pm and the NYC area hater trolls have left their boring cubicle jobs and are riding the L train, getting ready for another day of slamming bands on Brooklyn Vegan tomorrow.

Pathetic."

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coo-coo.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 5:19 PM

anon who "tells the truth" got owned. If only he'd reveal his identity , maybe you and object of anger could talk in person about the problems you are having. I'm sure you'd probably both get along swimmmingly.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 5:20 PM

i really like their music. i was just sayin' that i wouldn't be interested in bonin' them. i'm sure it's mutual though, so big deal.

check next week's installment for a list of indie rockers with whom i would fancy a go.

Posted by Sacred Absolute Hipster Cow | January 26, 2009 5:46 PM

end of the work day, end of this stupid fucking thread. case closed.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 6:16 PM

take away from this thread:

ed bear is difficult guy to deal with

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 6:31 PM

^^^If you believe one fandom anonymous BV poster. Sure.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 6:35 PM

and newspaper articles, and lots of other anecdotes....

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 6:45 PM

hah, yeah show me the print , still the same troll here I see. Get over it dude.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 6:46 PM

smokey's a real asshole in person

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 6:51 PM

My friend said MIA was lame to her once at a show. She fucking SUCKS!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 6:53 PM

all I see is the same guy who's in the band or works for them

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 6:55 PM

as opposed to the other guy. This shit reads like a lame IM argument between two losers.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 6:57 PM

for the record, my mean comments were submitted from my bedroom. i don't work in a cubicle. in fact, i don't work at all. hah! <3 my trust fund..

Posted by andrew. | January 26, 2009 7:03 PM

hey stop accussing your detractors of being embittered and unemployed.

it's not a good look, makes it seem more likely that they're right about you.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 7:35 PM

Whoever this dude is that feels the need to keep coming here and be a bitch, someone should fucking bitch slap him with a bagel. Dude needs to get a fucking life and stop commenting dozens of times on websites because of some personal vendetta.

Jus' Say'n

Posted by bitch alert | January 26, 2009 7:46 PM

Anon 7:35- I don't see any evidence that anyone from the band has posted anything on this stupid thread. I know I wouldn't if I were them.

Poor Chris Taylor will probably never be comfortable in the bagel shop again! Poor guy. If you're reading this, thanks for cleaning up those Arthur Russell recordings. They sound sweet!

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 7:56 PM

I vote that from now on, all fragile people with little self esteem and no sense of humor must identify themselves with a brightly colored sash.

That way, the rest of the functioning world will have enough time to determine a better location to get their coffee, for example. Less opportunities to make people feel insecure or uncomfortable. It'll be better for everyone I think.

As a side note though, I really think the guys from GB are some of the nicest people I've ever met. Very good at hugs and being friendly and stuff.

Posted by ben | January 26, 2009 8:11 PM

I vote that you overly protective superfans of this band come to terms with the fact that it is possible that your heroes aren't the saints that you so want to believe they are.

also, people who criticeze your favorte band are not weird cranks, they just aren't as enamored (or nuts) as you are.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 8:18 PM

@ anonymous 8:18

there's a difference between criticizing a band because you don't dig their music, and being cruel/calling people ugly or talking shit about someone you don't know.

if you don't dig them, then that's cool. but there's no need to troll the internet and make personal attacks

....that is unless you have a personal vendetta against someone and feel the need to anonymously take out your rage. or unless you're extremely insecure and need a forum with which to symbolically build your self esteem as you prepare to leave for work the next day. in which case i definitely think thats ok...like for real.

Posted by ben | January 26, 2009 8:36 PM

you guys ever stop to think that maybe people just say things to gauge reaction, or just get a rise out of people?

yeesh.

like four NYU dorks becoming famous really bothers me? please. good for them, they deserve it. they made a great album. this next one will probably be pretty good too. but let's be honest, the "internet" and "blogs" are made for shit-talking.

they are ugly dudes. what better place for that conversation than here? i'm not gonna bring it up when i'm out to dinner with friends, or e-mail my mother to see how she feels. i thought this would be the perfect place to mention it. and i was right.

Posted by andrew. | January 26, 2009 8:37 PM

8 hours of the same 4 or so people posting=the lameness

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 8:43 PM

haha yeah duh, you get a "rise out of it" by posting for 8 HOURS and that makes you totally laid back and cool, just having fun. duh.

yeesh, what was i thinking??

Posted by ben | January 26, 2009 8:47 PM

repeating the conjecture that all the posters here are the same people doesn't make it true

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 8:48 PM

it does when you see IP

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 8:49 PM

this band's superfans are a bunch of overzealous amateurs. you've all gt your little feelings hurt, how pathetic. you're like healpless baby birds.

relax, it's only the internet

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 8:50 PM

They can only wish they were as psychotic as Animal Collected fans!!!

KEEP TRYING AMATEURS!!!

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 8:51 PM

but you don't see the IP, so shut the fuck up

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 8:53 PM

this video needs to be resposted

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 8:55 PM

I see ALL chump!

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 8:56 PM

whatevah, ANONYMOUS

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 8:59 PM

right back at ya ANONYMOUS

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 9:00 PM

I see IP addresses. And believe you me, I remember who says what.

Posted by Santa Clause | January 26, 2009 9:02 PM

I C U P

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 9:16 PM

In news that someone might actually find useful, the New Yorker speakeasy event is sold out, but there will be standing room tickets available at the door.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 9:20 PM

It's all general addmission and standing room. Tickets at the door just mean there might be tickets and it's still a crap-shoot.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 9:37 PM

so who cares if the dude is an asshole? if someone is an asshole to you, OUTDO them in their assholery and maybe they'll learn. Bob Dylan was a fucking asshole and the music was still great (I am not comparing GB with Bobby).

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 9:52 PM

ben, i have posted 6 or 7 times throughout the day. none of the anonymous comments are mine. i'm just having a little fun, never claimed to be laid back and/or cool. i probably have been hitting the refresh button a little more than i should but that's just because i rarely post on message boards or comment threads so it's kinda of a fun new thing for me.

Posted by andrew. | January 26, 2009 9:58 PM

do you really have a trust fund andrew? or was that an impostor ?

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 10:07 PM

no, i was joking.

Posted by andrew. | January 26, 2009 10:11 PM

take away from this thread:

fanboy/girl blowhards are more annoying than trolls, who at least have a sense of humor. [also see: every post on BYOP/vampire weekend]

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 10:16 PM

I think andrew. Anon who hates Ed, anon who defends Grizzly Bear and a bunch of other anons should head on down to the trusty union pool. Knock back a few beers, maybe follow Ed' twitter account and talk shit and laugh about it and then really just self evaluate our lives together to fundamentally get down to the bottom of this and see who is the biggest loser of all.

Posted by Anonymous | January 26, 2009 10:21 PM

ED GRIZZLY BAER IS SO CUET I WANT TO DRINK A PESPI BOTTLE OF HIS CUMMMMMMMMM OMG

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 3:42 PM

at no point did anonymous(es) who "hate" Ed sound anything like they're bummed about it or feel sorry for themselves. they just sounded like they really think, and maybe have good reason to believe, that this Ed guy is a real asshole.

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 5:15 PM

You are obsessed dude. Give it up, nobody but you cares.

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 5:23 PM

you obviously care!

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 5:27 PM

Oh man. It lives!

Look, I'm defending Ed because he's my friend. And because I don't think he's an asshole. If you think he's an asshole, you probably shouldn't be his friend. But I don't know what that has to do with his music, or why anybody else would care.

And I really don't understand attacking anybody over their looks. That's just childish.

Anyway, the new record is sweet, and I'm really looking forward to BAM!

Posted by JY | January 27, 2009 5:31 PM

The funniest thing about this guy who wants the Brooklyn Vegan community to know how bad a person Ed is is that he's only bringing attention to him and the band. If you really want them to fail and you hate them, don't talk about them. Ignore them and move on. Ranting on and on about it just makes you look like an obsessed idiot, and gives attention to a guy you think doesn't deserve it. Who cares if you hate him? Who cares if he was a dick to you or a friend? Get over it and stop obsessing. This band is not about to disappear and you aren't going to get your revenge by commenting on blogs. Nobody seriously bases their opinion on people or a band because of anonymous commenters, so you are accomplishing absolutely nothing. You can do it if you like and waste your time, but these types of "revenges" are ridiculous. Go use your anger at him on something productive in your own life and stop obsessing over someone you hate, you'll be happier in the end. For real---moving on is the best move for you.

Posted by magicmanilla | January 27, 2009 5:38 PM

hey internet losers and grizzly bear lovahs,

you look just as bad, or worse, insinuating that this is one lonely crank, over and over again. you got zero proof of that.

and anyway, if that's the best defense you can come up with, you don't look very convinced that you're right.

best to let it go, yourself.

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 5:45 PM

hey lay off bros. this is hardly the first time or the only guy ever to say that Ed Droste can be schmucky

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 5:48 PM

LOL at dude posting twice and talking to himself!

Go start a facebook group and get members that aren't anonymous and let's see how many people join. Then we'll talk.

Posted by lolcat. | January 27, 2009 5:52 PM

EVERYBODY WHO'S OPINIONS I DON'T LIKE IS THE SAME PERSON

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 5:56 PM

when it's you, yeah. Make a group bro. Make it be heard! Stand up from behind your anonymous cloak! Take it to the streets!

Posted by lolcat. | January 27, 2009 5:57 PM

I, for one, won't be buying any ugly asshole grizzly bear music now that I've read this thread.

Posted by Impressionable Newbie | January 27, 2009 6:01 PM

lolcat. seriously? you grizzly bear fans are internet dweebs. in an earlier decade you would have collected beanie babies.

if winning this thread for you means the haters refuse start a facebook group, for lack of any real interest in this subject beyond pissing you off, then you can go tell your internet friends that you've won here. congrats

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 6:03 PM

and the winner is....

ANON at 6:03

wow you told 'em!

"internet dweebs"?!??!
"BEANIE BABIES?!?!"

NO YOU DIDN'T!!! You DEFINITELY WIN THE THREAD!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Posted by andthewinneris | January 27, 2009 6:05 PM

no 6:05, I think you really won the day here. and so subtle!

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 6:12 PM

grizzly bear defense squad: ASSEMBLE!

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 6:41 PM

good lord.

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 9:35 PM

wow grizzy bears fans are not used to gettin the brooklynvegan comment treatment!

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 10:02 PM

Ummm this shit is hilarious....Aggro angry guy seems like a pretty big asshole himself!

Posted by K | January 27, 2009 10:10 PM

only if you aren't used to shit around here

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 10:18 PM

there is exactly one asshole on brooklynvegan, and no more

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 10:19 PM

^^^sometimes I wonder. Maybe this asshole is the same one that said the Telefon Tel Aviv guy's wife drove him to kill himself.

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 10:22 PM

oh gimme a break. this place is full of assholes. they're usually also idiots, at least the haters here were intelligent about what they had to say, aside from "andrew"

why are you gb fans so damned sensitive anyway? the internet is harmless

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 10:25 PM

i don't really see anything intelligent in this thread anywhere to be honest.

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 10:30 PM

no of course not, all you can see are your own hurt feelings

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 10:39 PM

huh?

Posted by Anonymous | January 27, 2009 10:44 PM

My God. I'm not even a fan of this band but I kinda hope Ed Droste is even more of an asshole to this douche bag just to see what happens. Worst. Troll. Of. 2009.

Posted by Bluth | January 28, 2009 9:29 AM

can't believe this is still going.

take-away:

- ed droste is, in fact, a dick. i can conclude this from testimonials on this thread AND his fellow band member (the guy who does dept. of eagles) admitted this to john schaefer on soundcheck. you can probably find the interview archived at wnyc.com. obviously if the guy's friends are reading this, they will defend him. most of my friends are assholes, but i wouldn't like to see people bashing them on "blogs."

- the bass player is the ugliest guy on the planet. i stand by this.

- male grizzly bear fans are pussies.

- female grizzly bear fans are fat.

- animal collective is the most important band of our generation.

- why do you guys all say "troll?" what is that about?

Posted by andrew. | January 28, 2009 10:01 AM

I listened to that WNYC thing and heard nothing about that. Best of luck though. I'm pretty skinny actually.

Posted by Anonymous | January 28, 2009 10:04 AM

hardly the worst anything of 2009. you guys are drama queens

Posted by Anonymous | January 28, 2009 12:59 PM

Posted by Anonymous | January 28, 2009 7:02 PM

This thread is hilarious. If I were Ed I'd be flattered that people even took the time to comment about him on a fucking BrooklynVegan thread. Who is this jackass? Why does he care so much? I only wonder for a few moments and then I loseinterest.

Posted by PEANUT | January 31, 2009 2:51 AM

Somebody should "stone" this dude with bagels just for caring so much about dudes in an "indie" band he doesn't even know or like

Posted by Anonymous | February 7, 2009 1:17 AM