Posted in music | pictures on January 10, 2009

DOWNLOAD: The Depreciation Guild - In Her Gentle Jaws (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: The Depreciation Guild - Butterfly Kisses (MP3)

photos by Jonny Leather

The Depreciation Guild

"Well BASICALLY, if you took the soundtrack to that game (which was SO AWESOME) turned it into a good looking band and added a lot more shoegaze to it, the result would be The Depreciation Guild. They even play in front of trip-y colored video screens which enhances the otherworld-ly quality of their music, and if you read the band credits, one of the members is listed as playing TOYS. How do I get a job like that?! I saw them play at our After The Jump showcase at the Knitting Factory and was so mesmerized I barely noticed when someone handed me a can of Sparks plus, so that pretty much says it all." [I Rock I Roll]
If you haven't already, grab The Depreciation Guild's free album at their site. More pictures from their free Thursday night (1/8) show at The Bell House, below...

More tour dates HERE.

although i always seem to be cranky here, I LOVE THIS BAND!

Posted by cranky | January 10, 2009 9:26 AM

god this band sucks. please stop.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2009 2:57 PM

YEAHHHHHH MUSB REPRESENT

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2009 3:26 PM

The Depreciation Guild is horrendous and they were terrible at the bell house on Friday.

Dead Leaf Echo were much better, especially with ana breton from Mahogany on guitar.

Posted by Spine-führer of Hoboken | January 10, 2009 4:47 PM

you're crazy, Jerseydude. that was a really great show, they're amazing.

Posted by Dan | January 10, 2009 5:21 PM

This music changed my life.....and I can't say that about most bands these days...

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2009 8:48 PM

They're amazingly bad.

Prerecorded samples, plenty of bullshit rockstar posing and completely passionless/soulless music are the definition of this band.

Unfortunately this is the modus operandi of 99.9% of the hipster shit that is out there nowadays.

Avoid.

Posted by Spine-führer of Hoboken | January 10, 2009 11:34 PM

Actually, those aren't samples, they're composed by the band. But your passionate and soulful commentary is still the .1% that matters most, so don't worry about that.

Wanker.

Posted by Sklar | January 11, 2009 12:23 AM

Awesome pictures! I was there taking photos too, although they aren't quite this good! Check it out: http://www.wcdbfm.com/80s

Posted by Leon | January 11, 2009 4:27 PM

Fuckhead,

This band killed at Bell House. I honestly went for the free beer and stayed cuz they fucking murdered it, so you don't know shit. Also, those are NOT pre-recorded samples, Kurt Feldman composed those himself. If you are not a fucking idiot like this Hoboken jerk-off, you can get the album at www.inhergentlejaws.com for free.

Posted by hobokensucks | January 13, 2009 7:05 PM