Posted in music | tour dates on January 5, 2009

Tyvek

The band formerly known as Tyvke, TVK and Tyvek are back in NYC in a few days to play three shows in a row...

1. Jan 09 - LESS ARTISTS MORE CONDOS, Manhattan, NYC - Tyvjk w/PSYCHEDELIC HORSESHIT, KURT VILE & THE VIOLATORSc NYC
  2. Jan 10 - Market Hotel - Tyvjk w/ CRYSTAL STILTS, BOX ELDERS, MEDICATION, KID ROMANCE New York City
  3. Jan 11 - GLASSLANDS, Brooklyn, NY - Tyvjk w/CAUSE CO-MOTION!, BEACHNIKS, KID ROMANCE, THE BEETS, TODD PURPLE, and DJs Brooklyn, NY
Their friends Psychedelic Horseshit don't have any any other shows listed. Crystal Stilts also don't have any other local shows scheduled.

Cause Co-Motion do have more shows listed. They're also opening for The Pains of Being Pure at Heart at Mercury Lounge on February 7th, playing Monster Island Basement on March 12th, and perrforming at Silent Barn on April 25th.

All Tyvjk dates below...

Tyvjk - 2009 Tour Dates
Jan 8 - LAGER HOUSE, Detroit, MI w/AWESOME COLOR, THE PUFFY AREOLAS Detroit
Jan 9 - LESS ARTISTS MORE CONDOS, Manhattan, NYC w/PSYCHEDELIC HORSESHIT, KURT VILE & THE VIOLATORSc NYC
Jan 10 - MARKET HOTEL w/ CRYSTAL STILTS, BOX ELDERS, MEDICATION, KID ROMANCE New York City
Jan 11 - GLASSLANDS, Brooklyn, NY w/CAUSE CO-MOTION!, BEACHNIKS, KID ROMANCE, THE BEETS, TODD PURPLE, and DJs Brooklyn, NY
Feb 12 - LAGER HOUSE, Detroit, MI detroit
Feb 13 - THE BRASS RAIL, Fort Wayne, IN Fort Wayne, Indiana
Feb 14 - BEAT KITCHEN, Chicago, IL Chicago, Illinois
Feb 18 - LARIMER LOUNGE, Denver, CO Denver, Colorado
Feb 26 - NOISE POP FESTIVAL @ CAFE DU NORD, San Francisco, CA San Francisco, California
Mar 17 - SXSW PRE PARTY! Austin, Texas
Mar 21 - X! RECORDS/SWEET ROT RECORDS SHOWCASE @ BEERLAND, Austin TX Austin, Texas

that sucks. I'd really like to see Crystal Stilts again... but there ain't no WAY I'm going to Market Hotel.

Posted by wembley | January 5, 2009 11:00 AM

Posted by Anonymous | January 5, 2009 11:14 AM

their myspace page says that the crystal stilts show is at silent barn, not market hotel.

Posted by Anonymous | January 5, 2009 2:10 PM

their myspace page is wrong, show was moved.

Posted by Anonymous | January 5, 2009 2:21 PM

Larry rocks!!

Posted by Anonymous | January 5, 2009 6:12 PM

tyvjk, psychedelic horseshit, and crystal stilts are sick!

Posted by ththththhththththth | January 5, 2009 7:34 PM

"tyvek are one of the best punk bands out there right now - they're gonna blow up in 2009"

i like how even people's personalities are turning into little annoying music blogs.

Posted by Anonymous | January 7, 2009 3:14 AM

I like how you're reading what many people consider an annoying music blog as you type that, at 3:14 in the morning no less.

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2009 4:45 PM

market hotel show is going to be amazing

11:00am should stay home in jersey

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2009 5:12 PM

There is nothing wrong with avoiding the ghetto.

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2009 5:34 PM

we're not talking Compton in 1987 here 5:34.

Bushwick is pretty settled, tame territory. There are condos there, the venue itself is above a gourmet grocery that sells tofu and kambucha and brie.

Posted by Anonymous | January 9, 2009 6:17 PM

STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON!

Posted by crazy muthafugga named ice cube | January 9, 2009 6:46 PM

Less Artists More Condos, The Beatrice Inn of DIY

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2009 4:01 PM

less artists more condos sucks! I would rather see shows at Bowery Ballroom!

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2009 4:36 PM

"I guess it could be scary if you grew up in the Upper East Side and don't want to park your Bentley, or perhaps if you still live with your mommie and pop pop in the burbs."

I grew up in a poor neighborhood in NYC (Corona), in the '70s and '80s, long before you decided to move from Ohio in 2006.

Bushwick isn't scary, it's just ugly. I finally moved on up in the world, I don't want to return to a ghetto. Bushwick is ghetto. It's dark and ugly. I'm sorry you can't afford to live a better, decent neighborhood.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2009 5:22 PM

i like how the discussion for a show listing devolves into nyc authenticity, status and money. chill.

Posted by Anonymous | January 10, 2009 10:18 PM

I like how 5:22 mistakes his economic luck for heavenly affirmation of his pompous self-image that he's some hyper disciplined, hardworking genius.

from what you've told me about yourself, I give it 6 months in this recession, your status job and your financed condo on that manicured block in the city, 50% chance you lose them both.

I recognise you from previous threads where you said basically the same shit verbatim, about "ghettos" like Bushwick being dirty to your pristine eyes, and your beautiful theory that people who can't afford (or wouldn't want) to live in Manhattan are are lazy good-for-nothing turds. You've said this shit on here at least 3 different times. Do you do anything other than post on Brooklyn Vegan, and do you think about any other subjects... or it all seething Bushwick hatred and snarling down your nose at the less fortunate for you, everyday?

I feel sorry for the people who must have to interact with you day-to-day out in the world. I'm sure they'd all have colorful things to say about you, and that smug, delusional sense of self-love that you have. 5:22, you are an insufferable fool with an ugly superiority complex.

aside from all that, there is natural beauty and then there is the beauty of urban spaces. but there is nothing uglier than some futile attempt to make an urban space fake natural beauty. I'd take a hodgepodge street in Bushwick, with a bodega that has character and the internal culture of a place where people who grew up there st ill live on the same street that they played on when they were kids, living in old buildings all reflecting different eras of construction and renovation and weary years of being lived in; I will happily take that over any Upper West Side or Tribeca condo co-op bullshit, with skinny trees in planters and shrubbery boxes planned in design software.

Posted by Anonymous | January 11, 2009 4:49 AM

You're right. I'm not 5:22, but there's something I really miss about the "ugliness" manhattan had during the 70s and 80s. A certain sense of identity has been lost with all the clean up and high end condos popping up in the unlikeliest places.

Posted by Anonymous | January 11, 2009 8:57 AM

4:49 -- fucking rock on! Well done.

Posted by Anonymous | January 11, 2009 10:29 AM

any reviews for the first two shows? i'm going to glasslands tonight and i'm wondering what to expect. setlist?

I find it humorous that people are comparing bushwick to nyc of years past. it is not. just because it is dark and ugly doesn't mean its the same. there are no redeeming qualities to bushwick. Its a mix of ugly old tenements, ugly new condos, puerto ricans and hipsters fresh for the midwest. no thanks.

Posted by Anonymous | January 11, 2009 3:57 PM

bushwick has rows and rows of beautiful homes, old banks, historic churches, old grandiose mansions, lots of trees.

what's really humorous is how much this Manhattan dweeb's shit talk confirms that he's clueless and has never actually spent any time there.

Posted by Anonymous | January 11, 2009 4:21 PM

and what is this dude's obsession with the Midwest?

there ae no more "hipsters" here from there than there are from California or Texas or Canada. and there's nothing discernably different about the people from there versus anywhere else.

5:22 / 4:21, you are just some embittered weirdo

Posted by Anonymous | January 11, 2009 4:26 PM

"5:22 / 4:21, you are just some embittered weirdo"

Not to mention a racist with something against Puerto Ricans. Geez.

Posted by blackhat | January 11, 2009 4:51 PM

...and my comment (and I'm sure Anon4:26's) is directed at Anon5:22/3:57 who are clearly the same person...and not Anon4:21 who clearly has some common sense.

Posted by blackhat | January 11, 2009 4:55 PM

no reviews for the shows?

I am not poster 5:22. I don't even live in manhattan, but in brooklyn. I also find it humorous that people are romanticizing about bodegas. they clearly just hot here.

Posted by Anonymous | January 11, 2009 5:09 PM

typo. I'm 4:26.

I mant to address it to 5:22/3:57 (not 4:21)

poor proofreading on my part, apologies. I actually am 4:21 also, so that's maybe funnier?

I've lived here for 9 years now, 5:09. I think I have to the right to talk about where I live. Bogegas are like folk art. I love them. Ice cream bars and Little Debbie products fuel me.

the shows were pretty great. I missed Tyvek at Less Arists, but Psychedelic Horshit were good. they seemed weirdly sober. Last night at Market Hotel was packed the crowd was drunk and rowdy. Crystal Stilts broke a bunch of gear and stopped a song before they wanted to stop, but it was memorable and fun anyway. Tyvek were fiery.

Posted by Anonymous | January 11, 2009 5:38 PM

went to market hotel last night. tyvek were insane... the show was sold out and the crowd had unbelievable energy. definitely a performance to remember.

only caught part of crystal stilts but they were having some technical difficulties... shit breaking. still great.

Posted by anonymous | January 11, 2009 8:53 PM

that show at glasslands last night was trully amazing
i really love caUSE co-MOTION

and how bout that hot apple cider
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Posted by Anonymous | January 12, 2009 12:14 PM

Tyvek were pretty good at Less Artists - they were touring with their stripped down lineup (with a new bassist too) - so their set was a tad rough - but still pretty good - just not as tight and fiery as they usually are.

Psychedelic Horseshit was definitely a surprise (and the highlight) - their new material was fucking fantastic - dude's gonna put out a great record this year.

Posted by Anonymous | January 12, 2009 12:42 PM

dude dont look at me im from queens and this is my first post in this thread.

Posted by Anonymous | January 12, 2009 12:48 PM

Tyvek were better at Market than at Less Artists or Glasslands. They really fed off the energy of that drunk as fuck crowd.

Isn't it amazing that we live in a city where an underground band can play three seperate packed shows at three different independent underground venues in one weekend, with totally varied experiences but pretty much great vibes at every stop? New York is a great scene right now.

Posted by Anonymous | January 12, 2009 1:54 PM

where's pictures from the shows?

Posted by anon | January 13, 2009 4:26 PM