Posted in comedy | music | tour dates on February 17, 2009

Jane's Addiction - @ Echoplex, Los Angeles - Feb 16, 2009 (revolute)
Jane's Addiction

Live Nation and Adam Zacks are pleased to announce this year's line up for the Sasquatch! Music Festival at the legendary Gorge in Eastern Washington. The festival, now in its eighth and most ambitious year yet, has evolved from a unique, homegrown & low key fest into a full blown three day extravaganza. A festival-goer's dream, it comes complete with camp-outs, canyons, sunsets, three stages and new this year, an expanded comedy and dance music tent. The tent will feature performances from comedians throughout the day, and then come dusk, will spotlight electronic and dance music artists.

Already the official opener to summer for music fans, the Sasquatch! Music Festival is becoming a certified monster of a musical event: this year features another exciting and diverse line-up for the musically adventurous, and ups the ante on an event already hailed for its independent spirit. Tickets go on sale Saturday February 28th at 10AM

Jane's Addiction, reunited once again, played a show at the Echoplex in LA last night. They announced it last week via their website and mailing list.

Today it was announced that Jane's (feat. all four original members), NIN, Kings of Leon, Ben Harper & Relentless7, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Erykah Badu, The Decemberists, Fleet Foxes, TV On The Radio, Animal Collective, Silversun Pickups, Bon Iver, Santigold, and many others are playing this year's Sasquatch Festival (May 23, 24, 25, 2009 @ The Gorge in Quincy, WA). Full lineup and ticket info below...

SASQUATCH! MUSIC FESTIVAL 2009 LINE UP & ON SALE DATE ANNOUNCEMENT
Memorial Day Weekend | May 23, 24, 25, 2009
The Gorge | Quincy, WA
On sale Saturday February 28 at 10AM

Music line-up includes Jane's Addiction (feat. all four original members), Kings of Leon, Nine Inch Nails, Ben Harper & Relentless7, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Erykah Badu, The Decemberists, Fleet Foxes, TV On The Radio, Animal Collective, Silversun Pickups, Bon Iver, Santigold, Of Montreal, Explosions In The Sky, Devotchka, Peter Bjorn & John, Gogol Bordello, M. Ward, The Avett Brothers, Doves, Calexico, Grizzly Bear, M83, Girl Talk, The Gaslight Anthem, The Walkmen, Chromeo (dj set), Deadmau5, Mugison, Sun Kil Moon, Airborne Toxic Event, Blitzen Trapper, Shearwater, BLK JKS, The Wrens, Tobacco, Monotonix, King Khan & The Shrines, St. Vincent, Passion Pit, John Vanderslice, Bishop Allen, Blind Pilot, AA Bondy, Black Moth Super Rainbow, The Knux, Ra Ra Riot, The Dodos, Beach House, Arthur & Yu, The Submarines, Owl City, Viva Voce, James Pants, Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band, The Builders & The Butchers, The Dutchess & The Duke, Natalie Portman's Shaved Head, Dent May & His Magnificent Ukelele, Fences, School of Seven Bells, Death Vessel, Horse Feathers, Hockey, Point Juncture, WA, The Pica Beats, Loch Lomond, Vince Mira & more to come.

Comedy line up includes Zach Galifiankas, Demetri Martin, Tim & Eric Awesome Show Great Job, Todd Barry, Jon Benjamin, God's Pottery, People's Republic of Komedy & more.

Ticket Information

Beginning February 28th (on sale weekend only):
A discounted 3 DAY FESTIVAL PASS is available for a very limited time / $154.50
Offer ends Sunday, March 1st at midnight.
Single tickets, per day / $56.50

Beginning March 2nd:
3 day pass / $199.50
Single tickets, per day / $66.50

Beginning May 11:
3 day pass / $229.50
Single tickets, per day / $76.50

V.I.P. package tickets with special amenities also available.
Full details on the festival website:sasquatchfestival.com
(Applicable service charges may apply)

Tickets go on sale Saturday February 28th at 10AM and can be purchased online at Ticketmaster.com, sasquatchfestival.com, all Ticketmaster outlets, or charge by phone in Seattle (206) 628-0888, in Oregon (503) 224-4400, and in Eastern Washington (509) 735-0500

Camping is available for May 22, 23, 24, 25 and can be purchased online at Ticketmaster.com. For more details, directions and further information on camping at The Gorge Amphitheatre go to sasquatchfestival.com.

Pretty awesome!

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 10:23 AM

jesus, talk about a lineup.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 10:24 AM

come on - does kings of leon really deserve bolding?

also - can we place bets now on Janes and NIN being at Lollapalooza?

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 10:26 AM

this year as far as line-up wise....

Bonnaroo > Sasquatch > Coachella

I wonder where APW, Lolla, and ACL will fit in.....

Posted by So far..... | February 17, 2009 10:26 AM

This festival looks awesome and the venue seems amazing! I wish I lived closer to WA!

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 10:28 AM

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 10:33 AM

This looks much better than Coachella! I wish I could attend!

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 10:35 AM

meh

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 10:35 AM

"The Gorge is a sick venue, absolutely beautiful. That lineup is ridonkulous, too."

I prayed that the word "ridonkulous" would vanish by the end of 2008....my prayer was not answered.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 10:55 AM

I'm incapable of writing an intelligent sentence so I will just write: "meh."

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 10:55 AM

kickass... speaking of a lineup... WHAT ABOUT DARK WAS THE NIGHT @ RADIO CITY?

Posted by a dessner bro | February 17, 2009 11:01 AM

THE WRENS! hopefully this means they'll be doing a full US tour or something

Posted by jason | February 17, 2009 11:06 AM

jane's and nin will be touring soon says http://nin.com/

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 11:15 AM

Nothing's Shocking is twenty years old this year. Now that the bassist Eric Avery is back in the lineup, the band may be worth seeing again--he really made that band for me.

Posted by Regular reader | February 17, 2009 11:21 AM

"this year as far as line-up wise....

Bonnaroo > Sasquatch > Coachella

I wonder where APW, Lolla, and ACL will fit in....."

Agreed! Though this is a pretty fantastic lineup...

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 11:24 AM

awesome, i love this band. just wish there was more nyc news here.

Posted by music and arts snob | February 17, 2009 11:24 AM

"THE WRENS! hopefully this means they'll be doing a full US tour or something"

theyre playing bowery

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 11:32 AM

I bet NIN/JA will have a huge summer tour together.....I want to go to there.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 11:34 AM

For any Eastcoast residents planning on attending Sasquatch....

If you have the means, I highly recommend the VIP package. Great seats, waiter service, bathrooms with A/C, a full bar, buffet meals, etc. Definitely the most civilized way to do this festival and well worth the expense IMO.

Posted by Dan | February 17, 2009 11:36 AM

That line up will likely attract a lot of ugly people.

Next please!

Posted by Miss | February 17, 2009 11:44 AM

will janes set the record for most break ups, reunions, break ups, new lineups, etc, etc?

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 11:50 AM

JANES ADDICTION!!!! please play at Bonnaroo

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 12:09 PM

Hey douchebags, put down your cameras and watch the show.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 12:10 PM

Thats the full lineup with times, dates, and downloads. I found it more helpful

wtf @ janes addiction. Come on!

Posted by Michael | February 17, 2009 1:28 PM

Sex is violent.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 1:58 PM

NIN and Janes at Bonnaroo would be fantastic

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 2:33 PM

Just listened to Nothing's Shocking again -- the songs still stand up, but after the overall awfulness of The Panic Channel and whatever Navarro has worked on, I don't have much faith

Posted by Andrew | February 17, 2009 3:12 PM

Perry Farrell is an annoying dumbass.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 3:46 PM

Perry is an annoying and often-drunk fool. Navarro has become a self-parody, a walking joke, and one of the greatest tools of our age.

But Janes was pretty fucking badass the last couple times I saw them. Not like '90, but not shitty either. Lightyears beyond where (for example) the RHCP are now - do you even remember they actually used to rock, once upon a time? I swear its true.

Perkins is no joke and Navarro's uber-rockstar style really works at a live show. I was absolutely cynical & disconnected going in and ended up having a great time.

Posted by tyler | February 17, 2009 4:19 PM

Sasquatch is almost $100 cheaper than Bonnaroo. Pretty big difference.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 4:34 PM

Plus, the weather is better than at Bonnaroo and Coachella!

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 4:43 PM

Awesome lineup minus all the headliners. I guess I agree with many of the comments on JA. I just don't care for NIN either. But there are more bands on this festival I care fore than at any other of the big ones so yes, best lineup so far...wish it was closer:(

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 6:04 PM

anon 6:04pm

Are you serious? I yawned when I looked at the lineup. Most of the small bands play here constantly, we hardly ever see NIN, let alone reunited Jane's Addiction.

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 6:50 PM

I live in Oregon, and I've been to Sasquatch! a couple of times. I've seen some pretty great performances there (Bjork, pre-Graduation Kanye, Wilco, Pixies, Beastie Boys doing their instrumental set), and it's cheaper for me than any other fest of comparable size.
However, the Gorge may be a pretty venue, but it's terribly run. Set changes are excruciatingly long, amenities are difficult to access, and the whole thing comes off as kind of cheesy. I'm going, mostly because I can't afford anything else, but the production value never seems like what I expected. Maybe I'm spoiled - Coachella is run extraordinarily well.

Posted by 800lb | February 17, 2009 7:02 PM

Posted by Andrew Johnson | February 17, 2009 9:37 PM

"Plus, the weather is better than at Bonnaroo and Coachella!"

sarcasm?

Posted by Anonymous | February 17, 2009 11:21 PM

The weather at Coachella is similar to hell but hotter and less enjoyable. I dont know about Bonaroo but I would take 90 degrees OR the hail storm at sasquatch over Coachella.

Posted by Nigel Breakwind | March 13, 2009 9:10 PM

The song is pretty bad when it's all said and done, and that has NOTHING to do with how old they might be.

Posted by dresse | October 17, 2009 2:17 PM

This looks much better than Coachella! I wish I could attend!

Posted by www.flomax.com | December 6, 2009 6:34 AM

Posted by bingo en linea | January 11, 2010 4:27 AM

Posted by Spiritual Awakening | January 19, 2010 6:08 AM

Addiction of this kind is good. At least you are able to practice your skills and talents to the fullest. Your followers are eager to see more of your extraordinary "addiction".

Posted by incontinence | February 6, 2011 5:27 AM

These guys are so hot to watch live. Wish I had the chance to watch this one.

Posted by Hampers | March 10, 2011 3:21 PM

Houses and cars are not cheap and not everybody can buy it. Nevertheless, business loans was created to help people in such cases.

Posted by CameronLeta33 | April 24, 2012 3:29 AM

People deserve wealthy life time and personal loans or credit loan can make it much better. Just because people's freedom bases on money.

Posted by personal loans | May 25, 2012 3:16 AM