Posted in TV | music | video on February 10, 2009

MIA

IM ON TV!

TODAY I WENT ON T.V

I did CNN HEADLINE NEWS

CNN LATIN AMERICA

AND TAVIS SMILEY ON PBS WHICH WILL AIR AS I POST THIS!!!

tomaro
im gonna do
al jazeera
france 24 and
ap t.v

I want you to know that , everyone has been asking me on the shows to talk about the sudden popularity im experiencing, the babies, the grammies the oscars etc

and i want you to know that this has been part of the plan from day 1.

this is the only oppotunity i have had to do something about the genocide in Sri Lanka and im seizing that oppotunity

so for a lil while im gonna go from being

M.I.A. TO I. Y. F.

IN YA FACE!!!!!!!!!!!
[M.I.A.]

A very, still pregnant M.I.A. (she is due any second if she didn't have the baby already) performed on the Grammys Sunday night with Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Kanye West, and T.I.. She was also nominated, but didn't win. Maybe she'll win the Oscar for Slumdog Millionaire.

She left the above message on her MySpace blog before the Grammys. On the Tavis Smiley show she talked about being accused of being a terrorist, being the only Tamil in the Western media which gives her the platform to speak for the Tamil civilians, not to be confused with the Tamil Tigers. Watch the video below...

"somebody's having a baaaaaaaaaby!"

Posted by jason | February 10, 2009 10:14 AM

such a powerful symbol in so many ways....

its the return of the goddess!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by isla | February 10, 2009 1:34 PM

What a joke...al jazeera...she is a one-trick pony that takes herself way too seriously. No one cares that you are pregnant, no one cares about your social causes and unfortunately there are small factions of people who are interested in your music.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2009 1:52 PM

^^ I care. Rash generalities only exemplify one's gross ignorance and baseness.

Let's hear your music.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2009 2:00 PM

Wasn't it just a few months ago that MIA was threatening to quit the music industry? Suddenly she gets a song placed in a pop culture hit film and now she's everywhere. What a fucking fraud.

Posted by Asaad | February 10, 2009 2:21 PM

colbert--- "she really let herself go over the last 9 months!" lolz.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2009 2:25 PM

How is someone a fraud just because they make it in the mainstream?

Congratulate don't haterate.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2009 2:27 PM

She's a fraud because she's a cry baby cunt who obviously doesn't care about being an artist but only wants to be popular. She wasn't getting enough attention so she wants to quit music even though her career was celebrated more than 98% of most struggling artists. Suddenly she gets a 'hit' and she's exposing her whorish talentless ass and pimping out her unborn child in every fucking lame tabloid way possible. Fuck her fat hemeroidal fraud ass and fuck you for being a trendy tastless public defender.

Posted by Assad | February 10, 2009 3:04 PM

She's a fraud because she's a cry baby cunt who obviously doesn't care about being an artist but only wants to be popular. She wasn't getting enough attention so she whines about quiting music even though her career was celebrated more than 98% of most struggling artists. Suddenly there's a 'hit' and she's exposing her whorish talentless ass and pimping out her unborn child in every fucking lame tabloid way possible. Fuck her fat hemeroidal fraud ass and fuck you for being a trendy tastless public defender.

Posted by Assad | February 10, 2009 3:06 PM

Wow .. some harsh words .. good article though ... good pics

Posted by Rap Music | February 10, 2009 3:08 PM

yeah I care too.

Posted by anonymous | February 10, 2009 3:17 PM

Harsh but sweet

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2009 3:54 PM

I LOVE that she operates like a normal person and is still earnest about this shit.
How can you dislike her??
She's doing what she likes, making art, making music, putting it out there.
I agree Isla... GODDESS.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2009 4:03 PM

U negative Dipshits...

NERD FACE MOFOS

Why can't this city be cool and not full of pretend-shits.

hehehe

:D

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2009 4:20 PM

Wow! what an inspiration she is. Someone actually standing up for something. How rare is that these days. Congratulations to M.I.A on her success. Hope she will continue her good work for years to come. Kudos to you!

Posted by chris | February 10, 2009 5:06 PM

Assad........Yikes..

Cool down a little man. Where is all that animosity coming from? Just because she's talking about something you don't want out? I'd like to see you achieve what she has. Then I'll cheer for you. Till then, no one cares about you. Cheers buddy.

Posted by chris | February 10, 2009 5:14 PM

Wow Assad. I assume, perhaps wrongheadedly, that your family is of low resource country origins. Have you no kinship with MIA, who speaks out continually for "the other" in low resourced countries?

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2009 5:14 PM

this has tasteless British tabloid all over it... I'm concentrating on Miley Cyrus these days.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2009 6:37 PM

"of low resource country origins"

Oh, man, that's a good one.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2009 6:39 PM

check the baby daddy...she's motivated by money alone

Posted by Paio Laa | February 10, 2009 7:28 PM

I never cared for her music or opinions. but i don't hate. so what if she's a hypocrite, she's only human?

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2009 7:40 PM

Interesting NY Times article. I've never cared much for her music or persona and after reading this I like her terrorist supporting ass even less.

Posted by Anonymous | February 11, 2009 7:56 AM

Fuck the Blink-182 reunion, the real news is that Steve-O's gonna be on Dancing with the Stars!!!

Posted by Costumes | September 20, 2009 2:11 PM