Posted in music | pictures | tour dates on March 13, 2009

photos by Zach Dilgard

Cursive

Cursive went ahead and announced a whole bunch more tour dates since last week - many with Man Man. They also played Bowery Ballroom in NYC last week. Pictures from that show and all dates below...

Mañana...

Mañana

Mañana

Mañana

Mañana

Mañana

Mañana

Mañana

Mañana

Bear Hands...

Cursive...

Cursive

"Mama, I'm Swollen is the sixth studio album by Cursive, the latest installment in a long line of conceptual albums - which include 2000's Domestica, 2003's The Ugly Organ, and 2006's Happy Hollow - that have been lauded by critics and fans alike over the band's decade-plus career. This time dealing with the universal - characters grappling with the human condition, social morality, and what it means to be an 'adult' in 'civilized' society - Mama, I'm Swollen wrestles with life's miseries and mysteries in the uniquely literate, lyrical, and self-reflexive fashion for which Cursive has become known."

Cursive - 2009 Tour Dates
MAY 6 DETROIT, MI MAGIC STICK*
MAY 7 MILWAUKEE, WI TURNER HALL
MAY 8 MINNEAPOLIS, MN FIRST AVENUE
MAY 9 CHICAGO, IL BOTTOM LOUNGE
# with Ladyfinger (ne) and Little Brazil
* with MAN MAN

Still such an awesome live band. Great show!

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2009 9:44 PM

they are on letterman tonite!

Posted by Anonymous | March 13, 2009 11:40 PM

bear hands and cursive fuckin brought it. Manana was pretty hard to get through, sooooo bland and nonthreatening.

Posted by j | March 13, 2009 11:40 PM

whoa. cursive just killed it on letterman.

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2009 12:53 AM

can we please get set times for that thur SXSW party

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2009 1:08 AM

"can we please get set times for that thur SXSW party"

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2009 1:36 AM

holy shit they did kill it on letterman

Posted by Anonymous | March 14, 2009 6:51 PM

that fender bass looks sick. it makes me wish i didnt love my modulus bass so much.

Posted by dion roy | March 15, 2009 12:09 AM

Loved them at Bowery, loved them on Letterman, Dave seemed shocked at the end, brilliant.

Tim Kasher's so fucking charming.

Posted by Hannah | March 16, 2009 2:08 AM

Bear Hands bassist still dances like a prick, and now likes to shove drumsticks up his nose, while glaring at the crowd with a look of idiocy on his face.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 9:46 AM

^^I wonder what the hell the bassist did to 9:46??

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 9:52 AM

"^^I wonder what the hell the bassist did to 9:46?? If you search "bear hands bassist" on here, this person has left a similar comment on every single article that mentions the band. What is it about his dancing that bothers you so much? You sir are persistently psychotic."

He did nothing but dance like a prick, spit into the crowd and put drumsticks up his nose like a moron. If mentioning that on BV after I've seen a line up that includes Bear Hands makes me "persistently psychotic" consider me Patrick Bateman Jr.

By the way, every other member of BH I have much respect for a musicians.

@9:52 - You're a clown.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 11:02 AM

Okay, fair enough. You are like the Patrick Bateman of anonymous message board trolls.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 11:41 AM

"Maybe you should try contacting the bear hands bassist directly, and let him know that you disapprove of his stage antics."

WTF? That would be psychotic! And who said anything about disapproving. I don't give a fuck what he does. I just like to call him out on it here on good ol' BV.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 12:15 PM

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 12:24 PM

"You sho did call him out, oooo weee! I bet he's mortified now, and is probably thinking twice about purchasing more rubbing alcohol for his drumsticks."

I could care less what bassist dork thinks or does. In fact, I actually hope he continues his moronic antics if he's so inclined. Its good for a laugh. LOL!

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 12:39 PM

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 12:45 PM

"Yeah. Well I hope he spits on you next time, so when you post for the 100th time about this dork, there will be some refreshing new content for a change."

You need a hug.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 12:49 PM

That dude calling him out is right. That bassist is such a loser.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 12:49 PM

I could always use a hug, but that doesn't detract from the fact this guy is posting round the clock about this BH bassist.

Get your head checked.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 1:16 PM

I'm a bear hands fan. And the Bassist acts like a douche on stage.

Not sure what's wrong with 1:16. The other anon was not being passive aggressive and your shopping cart analogy is sloppy and strewn with assumptions. Criticizing bhbassist is further warranted because he has chosen to lead a public life as a real rocknrolla. . . and a short-lived one if he continues to spit on people who pay good gwap to see him put sticks up his nose. Read that sentence again.

And by way of full disclosure, I'm a minimum wage dude and make sandwiches for a living. If I had skills like BH, I would not spit on people because doing so might result in me making sandwiches for a living. I would hope that dudes who do make sandwiches call me out aggressively so I can check myself before I wreck myself. And if I make tacos for a living, I'm not going to call out my fellow sandwich maker for dissing public performers, because hey they make sandwiches. Unless, that is, my best friend spits on people who come to see his show, and I feel the need to defend him.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 3:51 PM

@1:16 you're a loser.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 3:56 PM

"Your passive-aggressive attempt at calling him out is about as effecting as a seven year old throwing candy into his mom's shopping cart."

Who's trying to alter his behavior. I enjoy a good laugh!

And it's "affecting" you idiot. Go lick BH bassist booger sticks, you clown.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 4:05 PM

Hey,

You're posting as multiple people in bursts. It's quite obvious when there's no activity on this thread, and then bam! suddenly four people have an opinion on this matter, all siding with the puerile garbage spewed by the original BH bassist hater.

I don't care that you hate his dance moves. And his poking sticks. I just think it's WEIRD that you stalk all bear hands posts and let us know. Thanks? Do you have a BH bassist voodoo doll at home too?

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 4:16 PM

LOL. You're stalking ME, you clown!

Hate to break it to you but there are some others on here reiterating my sentiments - not just me. I'm an honest guy, as you can tell from my comments on the BH bassist.

To clarify, I've only commented on the posts for BH shows I've actually been to, not just BH posts generally. And They are never the band I'm trying to see. But guess what, everytime I go the bassist makes me laugh at what a tool he dances like!

...And I'm not interested in trading my BN voo doo doll for any of your BH fan club merchandise.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 4:27 PM

BH bassist - picture # 6 above....LOL!

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 4:31 PM

is there any vid of this funky dance the bassist does?

just wondering...

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 4:34 PM

Okay, so in all seriousness. Did he actually spit into the crowd at this show?

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 4:34 PM

Saw them last year and its fair to say you could call his dancing "douchey". Saw them more recently and he looks like he's toned it down somewhat.

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 4:39 PM

To all of you haters obsessed with the BH bassist:

I dare you to play a sold out show at bowery. Or play a show at any other major nyc venue.

Oh wait, you can't and you won't bc you're sitting at your computer writing snarky comments on BV.

Honestly, who cares?!? The seriousness of these comments is much funnier than anyone's stage antics could ever be. You guys are nothing but wet diapers.

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2009 3:40 PM

I do a "douchy" dance every time I write a comment on BV, happy now?

Posted by Anonymous | March 17, 2009 3:48 PM

i went to see cursive at bowery.. awesome show..
BH was ok.. they should have opened cuz MANANA was amazing and then BH came on and killed the mood.. i dont care bout the bassist like you all do lol but he did do everything you all mentioned except he spit straight up over his head and whoever was up front.. sucked to be them..
they only had one song worth listening too.. and vietnam is over and done with wtf sing about iraq or something.. haha BH YOUR LYRICS NEED WORK..
cursive-ripped it up!!