Posted in music | tour dates on March 3, 2009

Fischerspooner

"In conjunction with each album, FISCHERSPOONER develops a dynamic performance that theatrically realizes and furthers their creative concepts and ideas. Legend amongst outsider teenagers and sophisticated arts elite alike, the shows are renowned for their rich mix of art, dance, music and fashion. Hairy monsters, feathered chorus girls spitting blood, raucous new versions of their underground hits, and storms of glitter - a FISCHERSPOONER show is a phantasmagoric experience that is all the way live...

...Having returned to their independent roots in the creation of the music, the live show has similarly been developed in tandem over the years of writing the album. During this process, Spooner appeared with legendary experimental company The Wooster Group in their unique production of Hamlet. This led to a series of workshops with the entire Fischerspooner company being trained in many of the company's signature techniques, which are now integrated with their own brand of postmodern showmanship.

Longtime choreographer Vanessa Walters has created intricate and explosive dances that blend a vigorous future pop aesthetic with classical and modern technique. Musical director Ian Pai continues to trigger the FISCHERSPOONER song catalog, and new collaborator Andrew Schneider adds a new layer of detailed video art."...

Whether you agree on their own take, that, "a FISCHERSPOONER show is a phantasmagoric experience that is all the way live", you know it will at least be interesting. The new "Between Worlds" tour (that is referenced above) kicks off in Philly on May 6th, hits Music Hall of Williamsburg on May 7th, then Webster Hall on May 8th, and keeps going until it ends in Toronto on June 2nd. NYC tickets go on Am Ex presale on Wednesday and then regular sale on Friday. All dates below...

Fisherspooner - 2009 Tour Dates
25-May-09 Wonder Ballroom Portland
26-May-09 The Showbox@ The Market Seattle
29-May-09 First Ave Minneapolis
30-May-09 Metro/Smart Bar Chicago
31-May-09 Majestic Theatre Detroit
2-Jun-09 Phoenix Toronto

"Having returned to their independent roots in the creation of the music"

aka dropped from their major label?

Posted by Anonymous | March 3, 2009 2:27 PM

m-m-m-meh

Posted by Anonymous | March 3, 2009 2:30 PM

what the hell is that on his freakin' head?

Posted by Anonymous | March 3, 2009 3:06 PM

*yawn*

Posted by Anonymous | March 3, 2009 3:15 PM

"what the hell is that on his freakin' head?"

omg... i was just typing that.... but for real. what the hell is it????

Posted by myhipsdontlie | March 3, 2009 3:38 PM

I think it's one of those old school election campaign hats. He's tall, and he's dun gotten himself stuck in the light fixture again.

Posted by Big Perm | March 3, 2009 3:59 PM

Passed by with the onrushing times - so sad. Can't wait for that coming Neds Atomic Dustbin multimedia experience, either!

Posted by Crosseyed Sniper | March 3, 2009 4:06 PM

Who booked this tour? New York to DC to Boston to Atlanta? Sweet routing...

Posted by Anonymous | March 3, 2009 4:48 PM

i saw clip of them in teh coachella movie, and it looks pretty damn insane.

i think it will be very entertaining.
should get those tickets for webster hall.

Posted by imkoreansowhat | March 3, 2009 7:09 PM

who? is it 2000 again?

Posted by Anonymous | March 3, 2009 10:24 PM

go away!

Posted by Anonymous | March 3, 2009 10:27 PM

feeling light headed...

Posted by gov. bobby jindal | March 3, 2009 11:49 PM

looks good. bet it will feel good too!

Posted by lover | March 4, 2009 12:56 AM

We didn't give electroclash enough time. I welcome the return of Fischerspooner.

*This comment sounds sarcastic, but it's totally not.

**Even that sounds sarcastic?!

Posted by Anonymous | March 4, 2009 12:21 PM

their singles on kitsune were great, and their dj set at avalon in LA was insane. i am sure the live show will be amazing. watch that coachella movie, no one else does stuff like this

Posted by anon | March 4, 2009 1:13 PM

Beyonce called she wants to borrow the hat.

Posted by Anonymous | March 4, 2009 2:18 PM

^^
warren is a great dj. not many people know that. I'll be there at the webster hall show. at least they had the balls to create something totally different. also, the odyssey captures the time period it was released in perfectly.

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2009 1:05 AM

More shitty music, I fucking love it!!! Fischer can take his spooner, slide it up his ass crack and eat the turds he scoops up with it. And LOL at the "he's a great dj" comment....Does he scratch or juggle? Didn't think so. He probably doesn't even spin vinyl, I bet he just hits play on his laptop and lets serato mix it for him while he checks his twitter account. HACK!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2009 1:39 AM

^^
who is your favorite dj dumb ass? enlighten me please.

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2009 3:18 AM

Im your moms favorite DJ. She likes the sit and spin.

Posted by dick cheeze its | March 5, 2009 7:09 AM

Warren Fischer is a really great DJ. Everytime I have seen him out he rocked it. Very interesting track listings and controls the tempo perfectly. It's true there are allot of DJ hacks out there but he is not one of them.

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2009 1:27 PM

F all you judgers, FS Rocks!

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2009 2:47 PM

"F all you judgers, FS Rocks!"

As your sentence attests to, you are a "judger" as well....and a moronic one at that.

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2009 3:15 PM

Im your moms favorite DJ. She likes the sit and spin.
^^
hope ur still in high school w a comment like that.

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2009 4:19 PM

"It's true there are allot of DJ hacks out there but he is not one of them."

It's true there are ALOT of people who suck at spelling out there and you are one of them.

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2009 9:38 PM

^^

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2009 11:48 PM

"sorry, I'm not proofreading every word I write on this shitty board. have you nothing to say on the topic or are you just looking for spelling and grammatical errors w/ your free time? fucking loser..."

If I liked shitty music, was a non-republican, and had a small penis I would be a whiney pleb head like yourself as well. Your feelings are understandable.

Posted by Anonymous | March 6, 2009 9:04 AM

^^
perfect, in the process of getting me completely wrong as a person you have given me a clear idea who you are. you are party loser as well. I see now. you strike me as the type of person that talks big on the keyboard but in person you keep that judgmental attitude all tucked away. tell me do your big balls shrink when you confront any non-republicans face to face?

Posted by Anonymous | March 6, 2009 12:56 PM

thanks

Posted by yoyo | April 13, 2009 1:31 AM

welcome my blog

Posted by vick | April 13, 2009 1:33 AM

Here has provided the high quality service for you

Posted by mass mailer | April 13, 2009 9:35 PM

Posted by 3D camera | April 13, 2009 9:57 PM

can you come back to chicago b/c I missed it b/c the metro took my ID fuckkkk however I am 20 so if I was smart i woulda used my regualr ID....however come back!

Posted by Anonymous | June 18, 2009 12:43 AM

Can't wait for that coming Neds Atomic Dustbin multimedia experience, either!

Posted by beijing escort | August 11, 2009 10:14 PM

I want offer you the article submission to make your facts just about this topic nice.

Posted by Geena22rO | January 23, 2010 1:03 AM

A totally fantastic show, that I've recommended to everyone I know. Many thanks, and tour again soon.

Posted by silver | April 9, 2010 4:33 PM

Much deserved, cannot wait for live show again!!!

Posted by منتديات حائل | February 12, 2011 9:34 AM