Posted in music on March 9, 2009

Paul McCartneyPaul McCartneyPaul McCartneyPaul McCartney

The David Lynch Foundation provides funds for students to learn to meditate through TM teaching centers, hospital-sponsored wellness programs, boys and girls clubs, before- and after-school programs, and in private and public schools when invited by the administration. Instruction is voluntary and is provided to a child with the permission of a parent and with no cost to the family, organization, or school. In the past year, the Foundation has provided millions of dollars for thousands of students, teachers, and parents to learn to meditate. The Foundation also provides funds for independent research institutions to assess the effects of the program on creativity, intelligence, brain functioning, academic performance, ADHD and other learning disorders, anxiety, depression, and substance abuse.
Tickets are on sale @11AM for the David Lynch Foundation benefit show at Radio City Music Hall.

That was bs, nothing available at 11 sharp?

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:02 AM

sold out

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:02 AM

what a joke

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:04 AM

tickemaster is a bigger racket than dentistry and tapas restaurants combined!

Posted by thigh master | March 9, 2009 11:04 AM

total bs. 25% of the venues tix were saved for today and ALL gone at 11 sharp...they probably didnt even release the tix at all.

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:07 AM

The funny thing is, when they say this is a benefit for TM centers...they actually mean Ticketmaster. These guys will do anything for a buck!

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:07 AM

try obstructed view, there are seats available on the floor, dont know how it will blocked, looks clear to me

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:08 AM

how is this completely sold out by 11:07 with tickets starting at $80? Thanks for nothing ticketmaster. You fuckers.

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:08 AM

Shocker you didn't get tickets.

Posted by Baby Penis | March 9, 2009 11:11 AM

ugh this sucks. i waited all weekend for monday at 11. i wanted tickets so bad. any other ideas on how to get them???

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:16 AM

let's all call springsteen and protest this lame excuse for a company

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:17 AM

It is possible, but you have to be quick or lucky- I pulled the same seats twice, once at 11 and again at 1107. Obstructed view so i tossed them back. Ill stick with my mezz seats from the presale.

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:18 AM

omgg someone sell me 2 tickets. PLEASE.

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:19 AM

You people are naive to think a show with Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr at Radio City Music Hall wouldn't have sold out INSTANTLY. If 100,000 people are trying to buy 1000 tickets, well, THINK ABOUT IT.

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:19 AM

I was able to snag two

Posted by woo haha! | March 9, 2009 11:20 AM

Why are you complaining? McCartney and Ringo on stage together at Radio City for 1 night are you're SURPRISED you couldn't get tickets? Give me a break. This generation of entitlement is driving me crazy!

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:22 AM

I wonder how obstructed the "Obstructed" seats really are.

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:23 AM

what's so shady is that there was no 15 minute nonsense wait time like usual...at 11 sharp it flat out said sold out...which means there were likely none to start with

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:23 AM

ok who is going to sell me 2 tickets? i will pay double what you paid.

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:28 AM

There were a few... A group of six of us were all trying for pairs. Two made it through at 11 AM.

Posted by Zombie | March 9, 2009 11:29 AM

I went in at 11 sharp and got one in the back of the orchestra.

Posted by rachel | March 9, 2009 11:29 AM

I'm so fucking fed up with Ticketmaster it's rediculous.

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:32 AM

i got a single but i wanted 2 together. it was 11.01 i panicced and accepted t cost me over $250!

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:43 AM

11:43-totally worth it

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:50 AM

Call at 10:57, Ticketmaster Rep actually Waited until 11:Am for me.
I though I was in. All he had was 2 Orchestra for $506.00 each, not even 2 3rd mezzanine.
I passed on the 2 $506.00 seats.
What a joke

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:54 AM

I'm happy for the folks who got tix, but I think this will probably be a big let-down, honestly. I'll bet the gig lasts for 75 mins, tops, and only a fraction of that will involve Paul & Dingo. Not worth that kind of money, imo, and I can afford it. Maybe I'll be amazed...

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 11:59 AM

Posted by justme | March 9, 2009 12:00 PM

Is 6000 a tiny venue? I pulled a single 500 seat but put it back. I thin kit's a fair price (especially for a benefit) but I just couldn't swing that this year.

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 12:14 PM

"I was able to get one this morning. It is sheer luck. This is a tiny venue with two ex Beatles on stage. It was never ever going to be easy."

You idiot. Radio City is far from a tiny venue. Tell that to the morons who paid 250 and upwards for the 2 and 3rd mezzanine.
A tiny venue would be say Highline Ballroom where I saw McCartney play.
Now that was something special.

I agree with 11:59 about this show. It is not complete sets from any of the performers. Couple of songs each. And for those who keep saying Paul and Ringo onstage together. Hah. Wishful thinking. My guess is 1 song together. But for Beatle fanatics that is enough to cream their shorts.

And before any of you say i am bitter, I did in fact get a ticket for this in the presale. I plan on selling it on CL for a nice hefty profit.

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 12:19 PM

Maybe John Lennon and George Harrison will show up.

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 12:49 PM

i think elvis is going to show up too. not that i care.

are the 2 mez seats really bad? that's what i got. am i a moron?

Posted by laughing crow | March 9, 2009 2:15 PM

there are no bad seats in Radio City, relatively speaking...

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 2:24 PM

12:49 - Ha! Look for Brian Epstein in the wings, smiling...gracious.

Posted by Dfactor | March 9, 2009 2:54 PM

Wonder if Paul will play that song about his youth called "When I'm 64"?

Posted by don | March 9, 2009 4:19 PM

NY Times March 5, 2009:

"In other Beatle news Mr. McCartney and Mr. Starr are scheduled to perform at a benefit for the David Lynch Foundation, which promotes transcendental meditation in schools, on April 4 at Radio City Music Hall. A representative for Mr. Starr wrote in an e-mail message, “Ringo will be performing a short set (two to three songs) on his own.” A representative for Mr. McCartney did not reply to a request for comment."

Posted by ja | March 9, 2009 6:31 PM

This sold out in like thirty freaking seconds.

6000 plus seats went on sale at 11am and were sold out at 11 am.

Something is rotten in Denmark.

Posted by Anonymous | March 9, 2009 9:19 PM

It was a complete joke! I got the presale password on sunday at 11am I got two terrible tickets for 339 and decided to wait until monday at 11am for the sale to the general public... it had to have been sold out already on monday. This show is for "charity" What a load of bull. People bought these tickets just to gouge them on ebay for thousands of dollars. I am a HUGE Beatles fan, i should have just bought the tickets on sunday. I just figured Paul and Ringo would probably just do one song together.

Ticketmaster is a joke!

Posted by Simone | March 9, 2009 11:12 PM

Someone working for Lynch leaked the password and it got around the "Beatle chat boards". I had 3 sets of 2 tickets by 9.45 AM it later got to a password site.All my seats are full view orchestra level.For some reason the password did not work at first( tm4kids,I thought it was a hoax) but on the third try it let me in, All this before most people (including me) got that famous presale email from the Lynch Foundation.I also got through on the phone but had already bought my limit of 6 as the operator picked up.

Posted by mojo mama | March 10, 2009 4:14 AM

Whomever thought they had a chance at getting them on Monday must have issues. I got awesome orchestra seats only because I was waitlisted for the 1,250 dollar benefit tickets and they sent me the presale code 10:45am on Sunday. The code was also all over the web right after they released it, you totally could have gotten tickets Sunday if you had tried.
It was kinda easy to guess too, tm4kids.
Coming up from Richmond, VA for the concert of a lifetime.
So excited!

Posted by Julia | March 10, 2009 8:25 AM

I hate to break it you, but it's not going to be the concert of a lifetime.

Posted by Anonymous | March 10, 2009 9:43 AM

You assholes who bought 6 or more tickets...fuck you. You leave no chance for anybody else. To go on sale at 11AM and not being able to pull up even 1 ticket is a huge crock of shit. Ticketmaster should be shut down.

Posted by Matt | March 10, 2009 5:56 PM

"Coming up from Richmond, VA for the concert of a lifetime.
So excited!

Posted by Julia | March 10, 2009 8:25 AM "

I almost shit my pants in laughter when i read this idiot's comment. But hopefully now some of you see how this sold out in a second. Julia is just one of the many fuckhead Beatle fanatics who are shelling out 300 to 1200 and upwards to see this joke of an event. These people would pay that money to go see McCartney take a shit on stage for 20 minutes and then say it was the event of a lifetime.

The Beatles were amazing but to these fools they are the only thing that matters in life. You should have seen the crowd at the McCartney Highline show. You could spot these folks everywhere.The ones who were making out as if Jesus was on stage. To them seeing McCartney playing a few songs and Ringo playing a few songs gives them a reason then to die happy.

Oh and to the guy who said there are no bad seats at Radio City, you are a clueless idiot as well.

Posted by Anonymous | March 10, 2009 6:38 PM

"It was kinda easy to guess too, tm4kids."

What are you an idiot? How would that have been easy to guess? Out of all the possible combinations of letters and numbers and words in the universe, with no hint given, you are telling me that 'tm4kids' was an easy guess? In retrospect it's easy to say that. However, I'll bet not one single person on earth was able to come up with that 'guess' on their own until it was released.

What a moronic statement to make.

Posted by Anonymous | March 10, 2009 8:16 PM

RE:"you totally could have gotten tickets Sunday if you had tried."

Yes, if you wanted to pay for the overpriced ( $350-$550) seats you could have gotten them. However, it doesn't seem that ANYONE was able to pull up any of the affordable $80, $100 or $130 tickets during the presale.

Posted by Anonymous | March 10, 2009 8:18 PM

well I got one for $531.15 I sure hope it is a good seat. twenty six I guess went to ticketmaster.

Posted by Dennis Crabtree | March 11, 2009 7:01 PM

Posted by Dennis Crabtree | March 11, 2009 7:03 PM

Hi,
My name is Kathy. I have 6 tickets for sale. Orchestra SS seats 601 thru 607, unobstructed, 18th row nearest the center. I paid over 500. per ticket and I will sell them to the highest bidder. Please contact me at blondieten4@aol.com if interested re: Paul McCartney Tix, Thanks, Kathy

Posted by Kathy | March 16, 2009 12:22 AM

i got 5 on it

Posted by Anonymous | March 16, 2009 1:22 AM

im going to the show 2moro nite! i cant wait! im rlly srry 4 the ppl that didnt get tickets!! i would get tickets for EVERY1 if a could

Posted by amanda | April 3, 2009 10:04 PM

if you got extras for $100 or less let me know I can trade broadway tickets too if you got a spare Irenas vow, 39 steps and Rooms a rock romance they go about $50-100 each, you just reserve and choose any seat!

Posted by charleskaiii@yahoo.com | April 4, 2009 4:51 PM

12:49 - Ha! Look for Brian Epstein in the wings, smiling...gracious.

Posted by Ga Unemployment Claims Online | January 10, 2013 12:35 PM