Posted in music | tour dates on March 6, 2009

Lez Zeppelin

Tickets are on sale (@ 10 AM) for the May 26th Unwigged & Unplugged (acoustic, costumeless Spinal Tap) show at the Beacon Theater. A second show is not on sale at all yet.

Tickets are on Friends and Family presale (@ 10 AM) for the May 16th Leonard Cohen show at Radio City Music Hall. I think the password is JARKKO. There is also a 2nd presale at the same link that starts 24 hour later. The password for one of them might also be thisisnottherealone, but then again that last one spells out "This is not the real one", so it might mean what it says. If you know it, feel free to post in the comments. A second show is not on sale at all yet.

Tickets are still on sale for the show The Decemberists are playing at Radio City. Tickets go on sale (@ 10 AM) for the show The Decemberists are playing with Andrew Bird at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD.

I keep forgetting to put into writing that The Twilight Sad are touring with, and opening all three Brooklyn shows for, Mogwai. Tickets are on sale.

I've never heard a bad review of a Lez Zeppelin show. That's probably related to the reason the Led Zeppelin cover band is headlining a venue as big as Webster Hall on on May 14th. Tickets are on sale.

stoked on the twilight sad coming to town with mogwai!

Posted by scott | March 6, 2009 10:15 AM

siobhan?

Posted by Anonymous | March 6, 2009 10:31 AM

I'd rather see Lez Rushlin...

Posted by Anonymous | March 6, 2009 10:31 AM

Lez Zeppelin are terrible. I'm surprised anyone can tolerate this band. I saw them at Irving Plaza last year and couldn't believe how awful they were. I stayed for about three songs before walking out in disgust. I honestly couldn't find one redeeming quality about them. There just seems to be an utter lack of dedication to pay any respect to the music.

In my opinion, they're no better than any of the other midwestern dive bar cover bands I've seen in my life. Just going through the motions without any emotion or effort to play the songs the way they're meant to be played.

Posted by FRX | March 6, 2009 11:19 AM

ditto on the above comment; except for the bass player who had heart

Posted by Anonymous | March 6, 2009 3:13 PM

The bass player, singer and drummer all left this year so its not the same band anyway.

Posted by Anonymous | March 10, 2009 4:09 PM

I've seen LEZ Zeppelin several times and they are the opposite of a midwest dive bar cover band - Hot babes doing LED Zeppelin are really all one needs to get through these tough times. Well, and beer, of course. Please FRX, back to your mothers basement, with your 'sad' tissues.

Posted by Nick Rondo | March 12, 2009 10:54 PM