Posted in To Do | movies | music | tour dates on April 9, 2009

Wilco

The forthcoming and still-untitled next Wilco album is nearing completion. Jim Scott and the band spent the last few weeks mixing in Jim's studio in Valencia, California and [below is] a list of song titles spied on the reels -- note this is not necessarily complete and not in sequence.

Rumors and blogs regarding a guest appearance on that last track are, amazingly, quite true. Feist does indeed lend a great vocal to You and I. Other details will emerge in the coming weeks. The release is currently scheduled for late June on Nonesuch.

Wilco's live concert film "Ashes of American Flags" will have its New York premiere on Monday, April 13 at the IFC Center as part of Movie Night with Fred Armisen, go here for more details. The film had its world premiere February 20 at the Big Sky Documentary Film Festival in Missoula, Montana where it won an award for Best Cinematography. The DVD is now available for pre-order via the Wilco store by clicking here.

More information about the film is available at ashesofamericanmovie.com, including a full screening schedule and we've just added a Google calendar as well which you can access here. The DVD release via Nonesuch Records is set for April 18. You can watch the trailer here, and [BELOW].

The film was co-directed by Fugazi's Brendan Canty who will also be at the IFC screening in NYC on April 13th. He, co-director Christoph Green and Fred Armisen will be discussing the movie after the show. Tickets are still on sale.

Wilco don't have any NYC dates coming up, but Fugazi member Joe Lally does, as does but Feist. She plays the Dark Was The Night fundraiser at Radio City Music Hall on May 3rd.

Wilco member Nels Cline has also been playing guitar as part of the Jenny Scheinman Trio at the Blue Note here in NYC. You can catch them twice a day tonight (4/9), Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

No other Feist dates at the moment, but all Wilco ones, and the movie trailer, are below...

New Wilco songs/tracklist
Deeper Down
Conscript (aka I'll Fight)
One Wing

AUG-13 OSLO, NORWAY OYA FESTIVAL
AUG-14 GOTHENBERG, SWEDEN WAY OUT WEST FESTIVAL
AUG-21 ERFURT-HOHENFELDEN, GERMANY HIGHFIELD FESTIVAL
AUG-23 BRECON BEACONS, UK GREEN MAN FESTIVAL

* AKRON/FAMILY support MAY-25 thru 27
* A HAWK AND A HACKSAW Supports APR-14 thru APR-23

the new wilco album is fully finished - mastered and everything...cant wait

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2009 3:27 PM

thanks miles

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2009 3:34 PM

too many disparate items in this post, brain hurts

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2009 3:42 PM

good leeeord I hope it is better than sky blue sky

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2009 3:50 PM

I hope it is better than Sky Blue Sky too, even though that is now my favorite WILCO album, and I have been listening to them since AM (I was a big Uncle Tupelo fan).

My point is, Sky BLue Sky is a great album and of course I would hope for something even better. I wouldn't hope for something worse than a bands previous works.

Posted by Kurt C. | April 9, 2009 4:08 PM

Jeff played the album for folks at one of his "Letters to Santa" shows. Details here:

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2009 4:20 PM

I'm pretty stoked for the new album, the dvd and more specifically the Athens, Ohio show. I find it kind of funny I have to go back to my hometown to see Wilco on this tour, I'll keep my fingers crossed for a Beacon show in the fall though!

Posted by Anonymous | April 9, 2009 4:45 PM

Man I can't wait. I love everything they do, including Sky Blue Sky. I will never understand the hate for that album.

Posted by Eric | April 9, 2009 5:04 PM

Nels with Jenny Scheinman and Steve Cardenas was quite good Tuesday night. While it had some of the roughness as you might expect in the opening set, the duel-guitars in support of Jenny's wonderful violin work quite well together. You have Nels beat-up Fender contrasting with Steve's jazz Gibson. Good stuff.

Posted by Jeremy | April 9, 2009 5:06 PM

"Wilco (The Song)" is a great new tune. Tweedy played it at the solo show up in Beacon a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait to hear the studio version. I like the feel.

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2009 2:31 PM

It is better to watch.

Posted by convert vhs | June 11, 2009 5:31 AM

I love watching too. No headphones please =D

Posted by b/w movies | November 5, 2009 2:48 PM

Lots of students know the basic keys of term papers accomplishing, but that doesn't mean they would create really good term papers, however a paper writing service could assist to accomplish the college essay of great quality and demonstrate writing ability of some students.

Posted by EllenJB35 | February 15, 2010 6:35 AM

When students insure what to choose, essay or creative writing essay, they should ask you, because you do really know the way to finish the smashing theme close to this post.

Posted by asia essay paper | April 2, 2010 5:50 AM

Do you that is safe to buy papers online? Furthermore, that can save a lot of time!

Posted by buy essays online | April 12, 2012 3:09 AM