Posted in metal | music | pictures | tour dates | video on April 22, 2009

by Black Bubblegum

Bronx

The Bronx are on tour with Trash Talk. You may have caught them at Bowery Ballroom on Monday (April 20), or the next day (last night) in Philly. If not, you have another NYC-area chance to see the LA crew at Maxwell's tonight (4/22, tickets here).

In celebration of their area appearance, the band hooked us up with their new video. It's for the song "Past Lives" from their latest LP. Directed by Johnny Bekevac, it may be the greatest video ever made that merges breakdancing and punk rock. Check it out, along with more pictures taken during their set at the BrooklynVegan party they played at SXSW, and all tour dates, below...

The Bronx - "Past Lives"

Bronx

Bronx

Bronx

Bronx

Bronx

Bronx

Bronx

Bronx

Bronx

Bronx

The Bronx was recently added to ATP UK Weekend Two, as curated by The Breeders. All dates here:

THE BRONX - 2009 TOUR DATES
April 22 2009 Maxwell's, Hoboken, New Jersey^
April 23 2009 Middle East, Boston, Massachusetts^
April 24 2009 Jerky's, Providence, Rhode Island^
April 25 2009 Stage One Fairfield, Connecticut
April 26 2009 Wonder Bar Asbury Park, New Jersey
May 15 2009 All Tomorrow's Party Minehead
May 16 2009 All Tomorrow's Party Minehead
May 19 2009 ULU London
June 5 2009 Queen Mary Events Park, Long Beach, California

^ w/ Trash Talk

are the bronx like a corporate les savy fav? that's the vibe i got...but what the hell do i know.

Posted by Anonymous | April 22, 2009 4:22 PM

ha! he's even got a smaller yet pronounced belly

my nips itch, btw

Posted by Anonymous | April 22, 2009 4:23 PM

actually a really kick ass live band. LSF is something completely different yet kick ass as well

Posted by Anonymous | April 22, 2009 4:41 PM

coolies, then i'll shut my mouth and see'em

Posted by Anonymous | April 22, 2009 4:50 PM

not sure what they have to do with LSV besides that they are both in the top 10 best live bands in the world. corporate LSV? what a weird thing to think.

Posted by bearface | April 22, 2009 5:45 PM

I got an extra ticket to the maxwells show...Ill be there around 9:15...email me if you want it.beer/ and or shot will be appreciated.

email kidkid23@aol.com ..Ill check before I leave

Posted by Anonymous | April 22, 2009 7:36 PM

the bronx are the hives' evil twin

Posted by Anonymous | April 22, 2009 8:35 PM

Bronx are awesome live.

2:14 is cuba gooding jr.

Posted by Anonymous | April 22, 2009 9:21 PM

Letter Of Relationship and Establishment Of Aid
From Miss Suzan Okuku.
7BP 46 ABIDJAN.
COTE D'IVORIE.

Dearest one,

Permit me to inform you of my desire to go into business relationship with you , after going through your profile and I prayed over it and selected your name among other names due to the nature of my proposal,which requires a reputable and trustworthy person. Someone who will be kind and sincere to me.

l am Miss Suzan Okuku, the only daughter of late Mr and Mrs Boga Okuku.

My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant in Abidjan here, the economic capital of Ivory Coast, he was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their business meeting. My mother died on the 29th october 1987 and my father took me so special because l am motherless.Before the death of my father on 20th november 2008 in a private hospital here in Abidjan, he secretly called me on his bedside,when I sat down to listen to him, he started crying, why? (1) He complained that I am too young to be managing my life with no one to take care of me,(2)That I have not finished my university education as he planned for me, he revealed to me that he has a sum of US$7.500.000.(SEVEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) left in a security company here in Abidjan, that he used my name as the only daughter for his next of kin in deposit of the funds.

He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisioned by his business associates , that l should seek for a GOD fearing foreign partner in a country of my choice where l will transfer this money and use it for proper investment purpose ,that I must finish my university education by the help of a business partner abroad,that he or she should help me obtain a resident permit in his or her country.

He also gave a standing instrution to the company that the deposit must be transferred outside this country. According to my father,the money was deposited as art works to avoid attracting attention to the deposit.

I am now ready to do all these since my father my bread winner is no more. l am honourable seeking your assistance in the following ways.

(1) To serve as my guardian in your country while I will depend on your expert advise since l am a girl of 19 years.
(2) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country in order to further my university education and to secure a residential permit for me in your country.
Moreover , l am willing to offer you 15% of the total sum as compensation for your assistance in the transfer of this deposit to your country. Furthermore, you can indicate your option towards assisting me as l believed that this project would be concluded within seven days you signify interest to assist me by contacting the security company for the, to instruct us how they will deliver the fund to you..

Pls Note, that this project will be private to yourself only for security reason.

Hoping to hearing from you soon. Please reply me through my private e-mail address (suzan.okuku@yahoo.com)

May God bless you as you extend your helping hand to the needy.

Thanks