A lightsaber battle in Washington Square Park yesterday (NYCmiri)
The (Grateful) Dead played MSG yesterday (kgandarillas)
tonight in NYC
* Tribeca Film Festival
* The Dead @ XL Center (CT)
* WBAR-B-Q @ Barnard College
* Terry Riley & Gyan Riley @ (Le) Poisson Rouge
* Crystal Stilts, Mahogany, Motel Motel @ Maxwell's
* Midnight Magic, Nomi (DJ), Justin Chearno @ Glasslands
* Spectrum, Psychic Ills, Cheval Sombre @ Mercury Lounge
* The Austerity Program, Wetnurse, Tournament @ Union Pool
* Crime in Stereo, Bane, Have Heart, Capital, The Agent, Backtrack @ Europa
* Alkaline Trio, Saves The Day, Death In The Park @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
* Valient Thorr, The Golden Error, J. Roddy & The Business, Ex-Humans @ Trash Bar
* Chain and the Gang, The Hive Dwellers, Mahjongg, Noah Britton @ Market Hotel
* Craig G, John Robinson (Scienz of Life), DJ DP1, Afrika Bambaataa & Lord Finesse @ Southpaw
"Thousands gathered under blue skies Saturday to hear the music of neo-soul artist Erykah Badu, who took the stage at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival burning a stick of incense and wearing a lavender kimono." [AP]
"The worst book about pop music I have ever read" [By Jeff Salamon]
Gang Gang Dance are playing the WBAR BBQ.
Chain and the Gang are at Market Hotel tonight. They played 92YTribeca the other day. Videos below...
Video of Thurston Moore / Okkyung Lee / Ikue Mori Trio performing live at Sessions at Santa's, also below...