Posted in music | tour dates | video on May 22, 2009

by Bill Pearis

DOWNLOAD: Jack Penate - Tonight's Today (MP3)

Jack Penate

Singer Jack Peñate hits New York in about a week, playing Bruar Falls on June 3 and (according to Jack's MySpace) Pianos on June 4. You may remember Jack from a couple years ago when he arrived on a wave of hype from London. Despite a couple UK hits, Peñate's 2007 debut, Matinee, got trounced in the press, charged with featherweight lyrics and a tendency to sound like an overly Wham! on Redbull. Well, Jack's back with his follow-up, Everything is New, due out June 22 that sounds like he's been to Brazil (and Ibiza) or at least has been given the Luaka Bop catalog. Which is not a bad thing. He's calmed down (a bit), sauced things up and the album's first single, "Tonight's Today," is pretty damn catchy. MP3 above. And the video, directed by Alma Har'el, is kind of hot (and slightly NSFW). You can watch it, and all tour dates, below...

Everything Is New. - tracklist

Jun 19 The Cockpit Leeds
Jun 20 Kasbah Coventry
Jun 21 Waterfront Norwich
Jun 23 Roadmenders Northampton
Jun 24 Thekla Bristol

Tags: Jack Penate

Does more worldly = less shit?

Posted by Anonymous | May 22, 2009 11:51 AM

great stuff, he really likes NYC. Has he been anywhere else in the states?

Posted by Brody McCoy | May 23, 2009 2:06 PM

Not always.

Posted by Pete | May 30, 2009 6:23 AM

I wish all the best for Jack Penate. I have noticed, from personal experience, that too much enigma in something can really throw a person off. I believe that, at this point in his career, he should try to connect with the audience by being less loud and more provocative in lyrics. He's heading the right way at least.

Posted by Free Internet Advertising | July 12, 2009 2:29 AM

So I took this girl out to dinner the other night. I had the chicken, she had the Polish sausage.

Posted by Charlie | May 12, 2015 2:56 AM

Posted by Advanted | May 12, 2015 2:57 AM

good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site.

Posted by hair loss 101 | September 10, 2015 12:24 AM

Each career guidance and profession development are essential components in your personal profession exploration.

Posted by ssd vps | November 16, 2015 6:41 AM

It was certainly interesting for me to read that article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.

Posted by kik usernames | November 17, 2015 1:57 AM

This blog provide free and low cost online tools for low budget online marketers.

Posted by the e factor diet | November 24, 2015 6:01 AM