Posted in music | tour dates on May 5, 2009

The Maccabees @ Knitting Factory in 2007 (more)
The Maccabees

No prizes for guessing which band have been hogging the Maccabees' stereo. Wall of Arms makes use of epic production, eerie chants and the general feeling that Orlando Weeks is singing like the world's about to end tomorrow (which, of course, it may well be). If this all sounds a bit Arcade Fire, note that production credits go to Markus Dravs, who worked on Neon Bible. [Guardian UK]
That's a review of the latest record from UK band the Maccabees, out now on Fiction Records. The band has extensive tour dates scheduled for Europe, in both May/June and again in the fall.

The band comes stateside in June. So far the only public date is a Brooklyn show at the Music Hall of Williamsburg on Saturday, June 20th. Tickets go on sale Wednesday, May 6th at noon. Stay tuned for more announcements.

All tour dates with a video for new song "Love You Better" and a BBC doc on the Maccabees, below...

The Maccabees 'Love You Better'

The Maccabees Channel 4Play Documentary

Oct 06 Manchester Academy Manchester
Oct 07 Newcastle Academy Newcastle
Oct 09 Glasgow ABC Glasgow
Oct 10 Leeds Academy Leeds

MEHccabees.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2009 12:36 AM

That's a random Brooklyn show they dropped in the mix

Posted by ROCK STARchitect | May 6, 2009 9:52 AM

i really loved their 1t album. hope this one is as good.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2009 11:08 AM

I agree, awesome debut album. hope this one keeps it up.

Posted by jason | May 6, 2009 11:13 AM

They are currently touring the UK, saw them last week, pretty good.

Unfortunately for them, they have Mumford and Sons opening for them who are pretty much the best thing ever. Ever.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2009 12:32 PM

mumford sons are so ehhhh, like cliche and cheesy. especially when you compare them to their british folk brethren.

Maccabees are so qt! their debut was really great, but took a little while to get into. i suspect this record is the same. i'm so there for the MHOW show.

paris, brooklyn, hamburg? they must be vacationing to the US or something.

Posted by Anonymous | May 6, 2009 4:51 PM

Practitioner with the lazer epilasyon should be trained and experienced. Sessions should leave enough time for effective treatment and less successful lazer epilasyon results senasta work with the region should be encouraged to jump.

Posted by lazer epilasyon | May 10, 2009 9:59 AM

I agree, awesome debut album. hope this one keeps it up.

Posted by evden eve nakliyat | June 23, 2009 7:59 AM

Laser hair removal services.

Posted by lazer epilasyon | July 12, 2009 6:39 AM

Posted by evden eve nakliye | July 18, 2009 4:16 AM

Thanks, that's useful article.

Posted by halı yıkama | July 30, 2009 10:36 AM

uçak bileti

Posted by uçak bileti | August 6, 2009 4:49 AM

I took my first loan when I was 25 and this aided my family a lot. Nevertheless, I need the car loan as well.

Posted by LesleyVincent28 | March 19, 2010 10:15 AM

You made superior text referring to this post and I buy essays on this theme. Thank you!

Posted by buy essay | March 20, 2010 7:51 AM

Everything is real in our world. Want get a success? It's real as well. Just order course work and believe in success.

Posted by coursework help | October 9, 2010 12:35 AM

Thank you, it's very wonderfull information it might be very kind for students. For example last year when I had a difficult of time at the end of semester with a continuous flow of academic assignments and drill, I had a brilliant idea to buy it somewhere and than use plagiarism checker. I was so exhausted that I did not care for what can appear when my academic work was written by flipside person. To my awesome surprise, research paper was estimable the price I paid for it. I was so contented with the quality and now everytime i use this service.

Posted by plagiarism checker | October 14, 2010 7:15 AM

I agree, awesome debut album. hope this one keeps it up.

Posted by ethmarking | May 29, 2013 5:03 AM