Posted in music | pictures on June 23, 2009

photos by Fresh Bread

Doveman

"When describing the show Sam Amidon, Doveman and members of The National put on at Le Poisson Rouge there is no way that I can be sarcastic or snarky. It was too amazing, beautiful, genuine, and polished for me to even pretend to funnily write about it. Basically, that music was the equivalent to being in love, drinking iced tea on a wooden porch on a perfect summer day, and moving away from home for the first time, all rolled into one. I'm still walking around with a goofy smile on my face, especially in lieu of sitting literally two seats over from the lead singer of The National..." [Gangster Legs]
Sam Amidon opened and played in Doveman at the Thursday night show. Add Thomas Bartlett (Doveman himself), two Dessners, Bryan Devendorf, Nico Muhly, Dawn Landes, and Oren Bloedow, and you had as many as eight people playing as Doveman at once. The show was in the round, so the audience was sitting all around the band. The setlist, which you can see below, included old songs, new songs, and covers including a show-closing cover of Tom Petty's "Free Fallin".

Grab a new Doveman track HERE. More pictures below...

Sam Amidon

Sam Amidonr

Sam Amidonr

Sam Amidonr

Sam Amidonr

Sam Amidonr

Doveman

ah sam amidon was so good, glad i finally got to catch him play

with that said where are the posts for dirty projectors and heath, two of the best events i've been to this year!

Posted by Anonymous | June 23, 2009 12:01 PM

It was too amazing, beautiful, genuine, and polished for me to even pretend to funnily write about it. Basically, that music was the equivalent to being in love, drinking iced tea on a wooden porch on a perfect summer day, and moving away from home for the first time, all rolled into one."

The gayest thing I've ever read in my life.

Posted by Anonymous | June 23, 2009 12:41 PM

Why a wooden porch? Why iced tea? Is lemonade an acceptable substitute? Moving away from home made me depressed. Also, doveMEHn.

Posted by Anonymous | June 23, 2009 1:56 PM

Thank you for your information my friend.

darsane.com

Posted by darsane.com | June 24, 2009 1:38 AM

The real story

Basically, that music was the equivalent to being in love with my cousin, drinking Zima iced tea on a wooden toilet on a perfect summer, and moving away from home with the circus for the fifth time,once with band camp, and then away again twice with the trust fund courtesy of Daddy O down to Williamsburg, all rolled into one big super day.

Posted by Anonymous | June 24, 2009 3:24 AM

Who on earth do you people think you are??

You don't enjoy moments where you can have peace of mind or cool off?? & relax? You don't have a favorite meal or drink?

Updike wrote about how some of the greatest pleasures in life are derived from simply sitting in a chair & reading & not being ill, or in pain & how miraculous it is to have this sort of pleasure.

You don't ever have moments like this??

It's great to be in love, it's heart breaking & liberating to move away from home.

What did you expect him to say?
I wanted to set my hair on fire??

If you want to be critical, perhaps someone could have stated that he could be more poetic or choose better metaphors, but being all monsterly about what are for the most part true & to some universal statements just makes a disgrace out of anything that has humanity.

Posted by Uroboros | July 24, 2009 5:09 PM

Great music and great combination with the reliable guys those perform the Music activities in NYC

Posted by pdf manaul download | December 3, 2009 1:56 PM

Sam Amehdon...Dovemehn. See what I did there? Yuk! Yuk!

Posted by Anonymous | April 10, 2010 1:17 PM