Posted in music | pictures on June 10, 2009

photos by Tim Griffin

Jenny Lewis

The fantastic lineup of Jenny Lewis, Deer Tick, and Farmer Dave hit the stage of Music Hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn last night (6/9). If you missed it, Jenny will be back soon, Deer Tick will be back soon, and you can look at a bunch more pictures, including one of Jenny's setlist, below...

Farmer Dave

Farmer Dave

Farmer Dave

Farmer Dave

Farmer Dave

Farmer Dave

Farmer Dave

Farmer Dave

Farmer Dave

Farmer Dave

Jenny Lewis

Deer Tick owned the night. MEHnough said.

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:15 PM

MEHnny Lewis.

Seriously.

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:17 PM

JENNY LEWIS WILL YOU MEHRRY ME?

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:19 PM

except for that stupid red sox hat. seriously? he's going to wear that in ny, the same night that the yanks are playing in fenway? not cool.

Posted by wembley | June 10, 2009 4:20 PM

"the same night that the yanks are playing in fenway"

um, ok....

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:23 PM

4:20... Who won that game? I didn't see the score. asshole.

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:23 PM

are those the jessica simpson mom jeans?

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:25 PM

^^^ uh oh, critically sensitive people are getting their feelings hurt again on the internet.

Posted by blankie | June 10, 2009 4:26 PM

Jerry Lewis >>>>> Jenny Lewis

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:28 PM

mommy

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:29 PM

Yankees: 0
Red Sox: 7

Posted by HaHa! | June 10, 2009 4:29 PM

Jerry Glanville >>> Jerry Lewis

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:31 PM

hey jenny, show MEH your boobs

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:31 PM

Farmer Dave >>> Dave Winfield

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:31 PM

what was the Deer Tick setlist?

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:33 PM

great photos.

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:34 PM

even brooklyn's full of dirty fucking red sox fans.

Posted by wembley | June 10, 2009 4:37 PM

Dave Winfield could kick Farmer Dave's ass without even trying. And he's almost 60!

Posted by wembley | June 10, 2009 4:38 PM

Deer Tick owned the night for sure! Awesome Petty Cover!

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:41 PM

people are cool to wear whatever they want. Be it a red sox hat or an armband with a swastika on it.

Posted by Average red sox fan | June 10, 2009 4:42 PM

I thought Jenny and her band were kickass. That chick guitar player she had could shred!

Deer Tick was a little underwhelming...oh wait underwhelMEHing.

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:42 PM

The Red Sox are better. They just are. Except it.

Posted by Native New Yorker | June 10, 2009 4:43 PM

Deer Tick most certainly did not own the night you 2 idiots above. Jenny was great. Hey, sorry to be such a pig for a second but have to say that girl has some incredible tits and looks like she would be insane in bed. No ass though and those mom jeans were hilarious. But to be up close to the rest of that. Ohhhhhhh. Oh and i was right by Tim the photogoof and seriously thought about giving him a good shot to the ribs per the post yesterday about what we should all do to the annoying photogs at shows.

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:44 PM

MEHLF

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:46 PM

the better question is - who is suicidal tendencies girl??? so hot

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:46 PM

Deer Tick >>> pig @ 4:44

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:48 PM

beautiful pics!

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:48 PM

'accept it', not 'except it'. and perhaps you yourself should accept that this is a music blog and that sports are generally meaningless.

Posted by bee serious | June 10, 2009 4:49 PM

agreed 4:44. Tim was a total asshole last night. He pushed over some old-ish lady to get to the front and flipped his shit when some people said something to him. Dude... you have a nice (expensive) camera... but fuck you. BV, you should really stop posting his pictures. Any asshole with a $4,000 camera can take pictures that look that good. And Tim is a BIG FUCKING ASSHOLE.

On the bright side, the other photog up front towards the right of the stage was very nice and respectful.

Posted by wembley | June 10, 2009 4:51 PM

Suicidal Tendencies girl was craaaaaazy hot. And she could sing!

Posted by wembley | June 10, 2009 4:55 PM

Farmer Dave can't carry a tune. Step away from the Mike, Dave.

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 4:59 PM

4:51 Come on now - that is a complete lie.

1. I didn't push anyone
2. I didn't speak to anyone the whole night, except to say sorry and excuse me when I went to the side after the fourth song (I don't want to stay in the way of the rest of the people at the show)
3. for most of my shooting I was crouched so the two women behind me wouldn't be blocked
4. I am ALWAYS polite
5. I was not in the front, but 4 rows of ppl back. I was never at the front. I was also in that spot since BEFORE any acts took the stage, when the place was near empty.

Whatever your reason is for not liking me - and I'm sure there could be PLENTY of reasons if you actually knew me - making stuff up isn't really the way to go. I go out of my way not to ruin others' experience, and what you're describing - it's pretty off the wall, even for an exaggeration.

I'm sure plenty of people at the show saw me, my guess is their account would differ from yours by quite a bit. :)

Best,

Tim

Posted by tim | June 10, 2009 5:05 PM

did some deer ticks bite jenny in the chest? if you get my meanin'

Posted by freddie mercury | June 10, 2009 5:09 PM

I don't think those posters above were right to immediately call out Tim... I'm not sure what he looks like.

But there was a tall, burly photog that was pushing his way all over the place, being a total dick... saying he's just "trying to make a living". I can verify the story from 4:51 (although... like I said... don't know if it was Tim)... but I saw this photog push over some lady that was there with her daughter and husband. Some people said something to the photog, and the photog tore into them. "Fuck you guys, I'm just trying to make a buck..." blah blah blah.

What this guy doesn't realize, maybe, is that the people who he is pushing over and standing in front of PAID to be there. It's pretty fucked up to get in for free and then be a total intrusive asshole to those who paid for their tickets.

Posted by wembley | June 10, 2009 5:14 PM

wembley, stop talking shit, and if you really do believe what you said above, it wasn't Tim. thanks.

Posted by brooklynvegan | June 10, 2009 5:15 PM

wembley, stop verifying your own stories

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 5:18 PM

i want jenny lewis, jessi darlin, st. vincent(whatever her name is) and norah jones.

in that order.

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 5:20 PM

i enjoyed the hell out of all 3 sets last night. farmer dave's echo festival lived up to my memories of beachwood sparks and all night radio, deer tick played a very impressive set (including a trip of inspired covers), and jenny and friends sounded so, so, so good in there. i could have listened to them 'til dawn.

anybody else want to comment on the actual show and make this a worthwhile thread? jesus christ.

Posted by tom | June 10, 2009 5:21 PM

is it weird that both Jonathan Rice and Jenny Lewis are wearing Jenny Lewis shirts?

But other than that amazing show.

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 5:25 PM

my humble apologies. that came out completely wrong. I didn't mean to be "verifying" my own story. Meant to be "clarifying".

Tim, I'm sorry. Please ignore my stupid comments above. I really don't want to smear you. There was a jerk there, but it obviously wasn't you.

I really didn't mean it about the camera, etc. Honestly, you take great photos. Again, sorry to make accusations without actually knowing who I'm talking about. You're one of the good guys.

In this case... I'm being just as big of a jerk as the guy at the show.

Posted by wembley | June 10, 2009 5:27 PM

Deer Tick setlist:
Easy
Little White Lies
Ashamed
Art Isn't Real
Breakdown>>> Standing at the Threshold
Donald and Lydia
Friday XIII
Straight Into A Storm
Baltimore Blues No. 1
La La La
Bring Me My Shotgun

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 5:33 PM

i tossed her salad just the other night!

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 5:35 PM

re: Deer Tick setlist, there was a cover of John Cougar's "Authority Song" towards the end there, as well...

Posted by tom | June 10, 2009 5:35 PM

Deer Tick's manager is on an ego trip.

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 5:36 PM

I know Tim, and i've shot next to Tim, and Tim's one of the few good, respectful photographers in the NYC concert scene. don't tread on his good name, or karma will lead to you having your picture on a popular blog, where hundreds of anonymous commenters will shred you to peices

Posted by Jonny Leather | June 10, 2009 6:41 PM

I'd like to MEHake sweet love to this woman. Thank you. Good night.

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 7:01 PM

baseball..

YAWN

when does football start?

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 7:02 PM

Yeah, so sick of people AUTOMATICALLY assuming the rude photographer was someone who shot for BV. I know pretty much all of them and most of them are extremely courteous. None of them would ever "push" someone.

You know there are other music websites with freelance photographers right?

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 7:50 PM

photographer was probably one of the @ssholes from stereogum

Posted by truth | June 10, 2009 8:37 PM

Nice try 8:37. They don't have any photos from the show up. Obvs wasn't stereogum. Quit talking shit

Posted by Anonymous | June 10, 2009 9:12 PM

I would very much like to punch Jenny Lewis' bass player in the face. What a 'tard. (As are most of you BV readers & writers)

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2009 12:09 AM

Hate to wade into the fray here but hey Tim, I'm not sure that praise from fuckwits like Johnny Leather and Wembley are really gonna make the case for you. That's kind of the same thing as say Ray Charles telling people the pictures you take are amazing.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2009 1:03 AM

sit on my face

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2009 2:01 AM

Love the photos. This "still life" shot of the acoustic with the Mona Lisa covered gig case would make a great painting. Like I could see something done in the style of Paul Cézanne.

Posted by PhotoArtIsFineArt | June 11, 2009 8:19 AM

Cézanne, the father of cubism!

That could be a Brooklyn Dodgers cap.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2009 9:43 AM

Can't wait I am seeing Jenny this weekend.

Posted by Eric | June 11, 2009 9:57 AM

I almost got to go to this concert. I miss all the good stuff.

Posted by Mario Games | June 11, 2009 10:12 AM

"Can't wait I am seeing Jenny this weekend."

Eric, is that "seeing" as in hearing, as in a live show, "seeing" as on a hot date?

Posted by GossipHound | June 11, 2009 10:16 AM

Is it wrong that I want to be inside of Jenny Lewis?

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2009 11:52 AM

One of the great things about RSS is that I can enjoy BV without having to read page after page of inane comments. I'm always amazed when i click through to read more about a band and then am greeted by this utter, utter bullshit.

Sorry, BV, I know you're losing ad revenue that way. I just clicked one of your AAA banners as a sort of apology.

Also, Go Sox.

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2009 1:37 PM

Tim,
Just want to say you got some beautiful shots of the entire night, a night that will be etched into my memory for an eternity--BTW, I'm actually in a couple of them LOL!
Jenny Lewis is a class act--Awesome songwriter, awesome band, and I'm so happy to have seen her live onstage! And you have definitely captured some of the feeling I got from it! She has such a sensual stage presence, and the band is on fire! Thanks for posting these, and also thnaks for putting up the setlist! Interesting seeing other lists from other shows--They change it up quite a bit.

Posted by Chris | June 11, 2009 1:46 PM

everyone needs to get a life

go mets

Posted by Anonymous | June 11, 2009 3:02 PM

damn that jenny lewis is HOT. Good looking out on the pictures, setlist.
I've made it a rule not to like ANY band with a animal in the title.

Posted by wowzer | June 12, 2009 1:19 AM

@ Jonny Leather 6:41--

my picture has been up on here before... plenty of times actually. i've taken a lot of shit comments. kinda used to it, by now. i guess it was preemptive karma. ha.

but I really did feel bad about jumping the gun there and making some asshole comments. I'm usually a pretty positive person. There's definitely a lot of stuff I don't like and I'm not shy about voicing my opinion... but, erg. I don't know. I still feel shitty about the whole thing. Sorry, again. Lesson learned.

Posted by wembley | June 12, 2009 5:14 PM

Her mom jeans are actually quite fashion forward. Don't worry, she knows what's up.

Posted by Anonymous | June 14, 2009 12:50 PM