Posted in music | tour dates on June 30, 2009

Genesis Breyer P-Orridge @ Brooklyn Masonic Temple (more by Zach Dilgard)
Genesis Breyer P-Orridge

Musicka Mystica Maxima festival presented by Ordo Templi Orientis U.S.A. at Santos Party House, New York, NY.
21 and 22 September 2009
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Two nights of musick made by practicing magicians or practicing musicians whose work celebrates the magical lifestyle, as well a public performance of ceremonial magic ritual.

The lineup of the two-day fest includes Genesis Breyer P-Orridge (of Throbbing Gristle) with Thee Majesty (featuring Bryin Dall and Morrisson Edley), John Zorn and Bill Laswell, and Daniel Higgs.

Tickets for Day One (Monday, September 21st), Day Two (Tuesday September 22nd), and two-day passes are on sale.

Genesis P-Orridge will also be at the venue's Non, Prurient and Cold Cave show on August 8th. That bill includes spoken word performances by Genesis P-Orridge, Jamie Stewart, Jonathan Shaw, Kid Congo Powers, Eric Paul and Chris Leo (whose band The Van Pelt recently reunited). Tickets are on sale.

Poster and initial lineup below...

Musicka Mystica Maxima
Musicka Mystica Maxima Day One (Mon, September 21st)

One:
GENESIS BREYER P-ORRIDGE with THEE MAJESTY (featuring Bryin Dall and Morrisson Edley)
Amber Asylum/Kris Force
arrington de dionyso/Old Time Relijun
Larkin Grimm
Nautical Almanac
Musicka Mystica Maxima Day Two (Tue, September 22st)
Monica Richards (of Faith & The Muse)
4th Sign of the Apocalypse
Daniel Higgs
John Zorn and Bill Laswell
Spires that in the Sunset Rise
and more to be announced!

awesome

Posted by Anonymous | June 30, 2009 1:54 PM

yes indeed

Posted by Anonymous | June 30, 2009 1:58 PM

This sounds great but Santo's is NOT an acceptable venue for live music. Terrible sound system for live music, horrible sight lines, bad club/bro "vibe." Very disappointing.

Posted by Anonymous | June 30, 2009 4:35 PM

4:35

are you on drugs? santo's seems as laid back as laid back can be if we are talking legit clubs. other than your standard ID check at the door there's no hassle or bullying by security. not even a bag check. I'd say the place has a pretty decent Knitting Factory type of vibe.
Bad sound? what do you expect? I think the place sounds pretty great inside but I've only been there once. and as far as the "bro" vibe goes, I'd say that heavily depends on the events you attend.

as far as I am concerned you can give me Santo's over any other "club club" in the city anytime.

Posted by UN:art:IG | June 30, 2009 4:51 PM

Santos is pretty cool

Posted by Anonymous | June 30, 2009 6:05 PM

Mainly speaking from the incredibly oversold, poorly managed, horrible sounding, stage-too-small-to-accommodate-the-artists Bonnie Prince Billy show there. I think even people who enjoyed themselves would describe it as a clusterfuck.

Posted by Anonymous | June 30, 2009 10:12 PM

You guys are crazy.
I go there all the time, and it is always good vibes.
The sound system is amazing, and Bonnie Prince Billie is a spoiled princess.
I give you my word that this festival is going to be nothing but lovely.

Posted by Larkin Grimm | August 19, 2009 3:20 PM