Posted in music | tour dates on July 29, 2009

CocoRosie

On September 2nd CocoRosie will kick of their first North American tour in over two years. Sisters Bianca and Sierra Casady will be joined by bassist Josh Werner and beatboxer Spleen on 14 dates in the US and Canada. Included in their set will be material from their new album, slated for a 2010 release.
The previously announced September 2nd date at NYC's Highline Ballroom is the first date of the tour. Tickets are still on sale. All dates (with a few live videos from European shows earlier this year) below...

CocoRosie and Antony Hegarty Donaufestival 2009 - Krems 2 - "By your side"

Cocorosie New song - Marseille 2009.04.25

Tue 9/15 Seattle, WA King's Cat
Wed 9/16 Vancouver, BC Red Room
Thur 9/17 Portland, OR Alladin
Sat 9/19 Yosemite, CA Symbiosis
Mon 9/21 Los Angeles, CA Henry Fonda

Tags: Cocorosie, Spleen

these chicks are so strange. i saw one lying out on Delancy street after they opened for M. Ward at the Bowery a few years back. she said something in french when i said that i liked the care bears.

Posted by Anonymous | July 29, 2009 9:44 AM

WORST. BAND. EVER.

Posted by Anonymous | July 29, 2009 10:21 AM

"these chicks are so strange."

or at least they like to think they are.

Posted by Anonymous | July 29, 2009 10:21 AM

a detroit tour date! and right around the same time as akron/family. sweet

Posted by chris | July 29, 2009 10:26 AM

they make telepathe look good.

Posted by Anonymous | July 29, 2009 10:43 AM

2003. Coco Rosie open for TV On the Radio for their CD release show at Southpaw. One of the worst crowd reactions to a band I have ever seen. Decent weird records, but pretentious as hell live.

Posted by Anonymous | July 29, 2009 11:00 AM

I love them, love them live and on record, and am looking forward to this incredibly. And I wonder, maybe they find our NYC crowd despicable and hence are inspired to create terrible crowd reactions? Who could blame them, just look at all you turds on here.

That said, I do like some seriously insufferable, cloying music, so it's all relative. Meanwhile, keep going to your MGMT shows, and I'll keep laughing, win-win.

Posted by Anonymous | July 29, 2009 11:08 AM

coco rosie should be the music they blast into cult compounds when trying to get them to disarm. Pure unadulterated torture.

Posted by Anonymous | July 29, 2009 11:40 AM

I saw them at S.O.B.'s during CMJ maybe 5 years ago. MIA was the headliner. I went out to smoke a cigarette on the sidewalk after their set and saw the sisters and their beatboxer standing there. I went over and politely told them how great I thought their set was. They looked at me with terror in their eyes and ran away down the sidewalk. Maybe they were on drugs or maybe I'm just scary...but no one else has ever run away from me screaming.

Posted by Blackraptor | July 29, 2009 11:45 AM

>>> Oh please.. you don't have to like MGMT to hate Coco Rosie.... They have a diverse collection of people who hate them..

Posted by Anonymous | July 29, 2009 12:07 PM

obviously Chris has not seen telepathe live for a while...maybe you should not bitch and go see em'????

Posted by niki | July 29, 2009 2:25 PM

I like em

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2009 1:24 AM

I like them too. They're funny. People take them too seriously.

Posted by Anonymous | July 30, 2009 1:48 PM

these bitches do blow muppet fart, with or without moustache.

Posted by annie momus | July 30, 2009 3:01 PM

they put on the best live show i have ever seen. period.

Posted by Anonymous | July 31, 2009 2:49 AM

Cheese with a good helping of backstory and pretention. What happened to their sound from the first album? Were they just faking the whole scratchy voice thing? Now Sierra sounds like a dying cat.

Posted by Rachel | August 5, 2009 5:15 PM

I dont think anyone understands their music, quite honestly. Their not trying to make their music sound pretty, or whatever, their trying to get their point across, give you a feeling/tone or mood.
And *i love cocorosie and MGMT.

Posted by Daryl | September 12, 2009 8:23 PM

They rock! The love they have for each other and their music is amazing. Anyone that takes time to get the lyrics and not compare to others; will be blessed with great music. Truly one of the best shows in my life!

Posted by Stephanie | September 21, 2009 6:22 PM

dUn dIsS mGmT tHeY r tOtEz rAd

seriously but they are
and i love cocorosie too

Posted by Anonymous | November 5, 2009 2:27 AM

I LOVE cocorosie.. I would do anything to hang with them for a night or two. They're definitely what I need - freaky, fabulous and friendly - keep up the good work! and for gods sake, come to denmark soon again!! LOVE YOU, LOVE YOU - would love to date you aswell. I'll always be by your side - love from CPH

Posted by Anonymous | November 13, 2009 7:00 AM

their music is so beautiful

Posted by Anonymous | November 22, 2009 3:05 PM