Posted in MP3 | music on July 8, 2009

DOWNLOAD: Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions - Blanchard (NEW MP3)

"New Warm Inventions record is coming out in September. Honest. - Anonymous | July 7, 2009 1:01 PM"

Hope Sandoval

"Since the release of Mazzy Star's debut album She Hangs Brightly, Hope Sandoval has defined the sound and style of California psychedelic dream pop. The world took notice when the breakthrough single "Fade Into You" (from sophomore album So Tonight That I Might See) hit the airwaves and MTV heavy rotation.

Sandoval's trademark vocals helped to make her a modern day music icon. Now the revered singer returns along side My Bloody Valentine's Colm O'Ciosoig to deliver her long awaited sophomore album Through The Devil Softly on September 15.

Over the past decade, the sought after vocalist has collaborated with artists from across the musical landscape: The Jesus & Mary Chain, Air, Death in Vegas, The Chemical Brothers, Massive Attack and Bert Jansch, to count a few.

In 2001, she joined Colm O'Ciosoig to form Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions and release their debut Bavarian Fruit Bread. Now on Through The Devil Softly, the definitive star of the Paisley Underground scene reignites her trademark sound in an epic journey across the 11-song album. The project continues the laid-back, slowcore sound they are renowned for and places Sandoval's sensuous, hypnotic voice in the forefront. Recorded in both Northern California and the Wicklow Mountains of Ireland, the spare, subtle arrangements reinforce Sandoval's gentle vocal style.

An extensive North American tour is planned for Fall 09, with dates in the UK and Europe to follow. -[Nettwerk Records]

It was just two months ago when I last stalked Hope. I had no clue at the time that she was coming back so completely. According to the newly redesigned HopeSandoval.com, the shows will be Hope on vocals, glockenspeil, harmonica, and Colm O'Ciosoig on drums. I wonder where they'll play. In 2002 it was two awesome nights at Bowery Ballroom.

Track one from the new album is available for download above.
Full album track list, and some older videos, below...

Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions - Suzanne

Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions - "Sparkly" (unofficial video)

Through The Devil Softly
... September 1, 2009
... Nettwerk Records

1. Blanchard
2. Wild Roses
3. For The Rest Of Your Life
4. Lady Jessica and Sam
5. Sets The Blaze
6. Thinking Like That
7. There's A Willow
8. Trouble
9. Fall Aside
10. Blue Bird
11. Satellite

I've had a huge woody for her for years. Nothing has changed.

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 1:06 PM

I'd fade into her any day of the week..Cha Ching!

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 1:09 PM

Good news indeed.

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 1:27 PM

love her, too bad it's on nettwerk, shittiest label ever

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 1:32 PM

OMG yes

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 1:33 PM

I wonder what ever happened to her rumored collaboration with Massive Attack.

I'm looking forward to this album. Hope's voice is one of my faves.

Posted by Dan | July 8, 2009 2:09 PM

she did some shit with vetiver, but i haven't heard anything about her in years. such good news <3333

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 2:14 PM

She's like cotton candy. At first it's like "FUCK YEAH COTTON CANDY MMMMM I'M IN HEAVEN" but then two minutes (about half a song) later it's like "hey anyone want the rest of this cotton candy?"

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 2:31 PM

If she was cotton candy I would weigh 1000 lbs and/or have died from diabetes

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 2:40 PM

i want to be wrapped in her mounds of fluffy pink cotton candy and lulled to sweet slumber.

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 2:45 PM

"the definitive star of the Paisley Underground scene..."

Uh, by the time she made it big that scene was long gone. I'd say Kendra Smith.

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 2:58 PM

Kendra Smith is another one who vanished up the collective Northern California unconsciousness. Wonder when she's going to make a comeback.

"She's like cotton candy. At first it's like "FUCK YEAH COTTON CANDY MMMMM I'M IN HEAVEN", but then two minutes (about half a song) later, it's like "Hey, anyone want the rest of this cotton candy?"

EXACTLY.

Posted by Crosseyed Sniper | July 8, 2009 2:59 PM

Maybe Colm will play some MBV songs with Hope singing Bilinda's parts!

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 3:53 PM

i'd toss her salad anyday!

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 4:50 PM

I have hot intentions concerning Hope Sandoval.

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 5:04 PM

This song just drifts, and goes nowhere.

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 5:13 PM

I saw her and Colm play years ago. It was off to a great start, everybody loved her, nice big venue, well sold. Something set her off and she started to have a meltdown of some sort. It ended with her yelling "Fuck you!" at the audience and storming off the stage after about 20 minutes. I couldn't figure it out, the whole front was just full of Hope lovers. I mean, was she upset they weren't hot, or....? I don't know what to think. Anybody else have her swear at the audience, or was that just here?
p.s. I'm a straight girl. I saw the whole thing from the side. All the guys looked like they were gonna cry. I'm considering dragging my hot husband along next time and putting him in the front row, if people think that would appease her. Any input?

Posted by I loved you hope | July 8, 2009 6:17 PM

holy shit, that's great news!!! i love that brooklynvegan and I completely agree on the subject of hope sandoval. her voice is sweet, slow sex.

Posted by Aaron | July 8, 2009 6:24 PM

This chick is so smacked-out it's a wonder she can get out of bed.

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 6:26 PM

She fell through a hole in the DECK.

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 6:27 PM

most depressing string of comments to follow the best news ever posted here.

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 6:32 PM

Hope-less Sandoval. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 6:42 PM

Hope used to tied up in a Sid and Nancy relationship with William Reid of the JAMC. Smacked-up and boozed out.

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 6:44 PM

Awesome article, definitely liked the info provided. Just subscribed to your blog. Great stuff! . I am new to seo, trying to visit more seo blogs for guides and tips. You can be friends with me. Please come visit my site Free Adult Entertainment when you got time. Thanks.

Posted by Nightlife Web Directory | July 8, 2009 9:37 PM

You do have a point here :) I admire the stuff you post and the quality information you offer in your blog! Keep up the good work dude. Please come visit my site EadvertisingNetwork when you got time.

Posted by Advertising | July 8, 2009 9:39 PM

Even spambots love Hope Sandoval!

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2009 1:18 AM

opal>mazzy star

Posted by drex | July 9, 2009 3:25 PM

drex, srsly, wtf? opal? happy nightmare baby? i think maybe you are the one that's smacked up. i bought that album because it was the proto-mazzy star, and it's totally corny.

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2009 3:39 PM

GREAT news.

And I agree w/the person who wrote "most depressing string of comments to follow the best news ever posted here."

What's with all the silly comments and painfully dumb jokes? I'm sure plenty more of those will follow my post, but for heaven's sakes people, this is probably why artists don't want to get up and play of front of y'all.

Your mentality and jokes are juvenile. It's like being in a very small room surrounded by a bunch of dumb, drunken frat boys. I'm out of here. Yuck.

Posted by Anonymous | July 23, 2009 12:19 PM

It is not good to judge high school students just because of they buy essay. Sometimes they do not have got skills to create research essays themselves.

Posted by RowlandGwendolyn21 | February 29, 2012 4:31 AM