Posted in music | video on July 6, 2009

Dum Dum Girls @ Woodsist Fest - July 4, 2009 (bajapuntos)
Dum Dum Girls

The two-day Woodsist & Captured Tracks Festival happened in Brooklyn on Friday (7/3) and Saturday (7/4). Both days were supposed to take place at 979 Broadway Backyard, but Friday was moved to the very hot Market Hotel due to the threat of rain. Pictures of both days coming soon, but first here is video Bill took on Saturday during the first-ever performance by Dum Dum Girls.

Dum Dum Girls is really just one person - Dee Dee.... aka Kristin Gundred from Grand Ole Party who is married to Brandon Welchez of Crocodiles who she released a duet with (video below) and who was one of the members of the Dum Dum Girls band at Woodsist. The other two members of the band were Mike Sniper of Blank Dogs and Frankie Rose of Crystal Stilts (and a former Vivian Girl)...

Dum Dum Girls - "Hey Sis" | Woodsist / Captured Tracks Fest | 7.04.2009

"BLANK GIRL" by dum dum girls w/ Crocodile

UPDATE:
Pictures from Day One, HERE.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 10:36 AM

dum dum girls blew me away, her voice and 'moves' were hypnotizing

Posted by lo lo | July 6, 2009 10:47 AM

Impossible to explain how shitty Dum Dum girls were. Worst band of the day. Made the whole even seem very "scene."

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 10:54 AM

10:54 is out of his mind

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 11:08 AM

listen to that video. dum dum girls were terrific. she's got an amazing voice, they were tight as shit!

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 11:11 AM

the sound was phenomenal!

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 11:12 AM

The Fest was pretty neatly divided between "scene" bands on the first day and "good" bands on the second day (with the exception of Vivian and Dum Dum Girls on the second day). Better to keep the scene bands on the first day.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 11:16 AM

though I know you think you're making a hilarious joke, referencing some earlier blog nerd comment bullshit, when a guy who didn't even go to some show insisted that he just knew it couldn't have been any good...

the truth is the sound was excellent and the mixes were almost flawless all day. That venue is just a strangely great place for putting on rock shows.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 11:17 AM

mayfair set were pretty great on friday

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 11:19 AM

Frankie only knows one drum beat, which was itself already played out before she even learned it.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 11:21 AM

well geez 11:21, could you make it any more obvious you've got a personal vendetta?

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 11:31 AM

I loved mayfair set and kurt vile and real estate

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 11:32 AM

1121 Fuck you kiddo, Frankie is the fuckin shit

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 11:36 AM

real estate!

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 11:50 AM

Aside from the venue being 40 times more pleasant, I thought day 2 bands were way better.

Day 1: Gutsies, Mayfair Set, Gary War, Blank Dogs

Day 2: Woods, The Beets, Brilliant Colors, Dum Dum Girls, Beach Fossils, The Oh Sees, Vivian Girls

Most disappointing: Psychedelic Horseshit

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 11:52 AM

oh good, comments.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 11:55 AM

kurt vile as dusk was rolling in = serene

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 11:56 AM

poor shelley, was really looking forward to tyvek. hope she's ok

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 11:58 AM

What is wrong with the "scene"? Are you nuts. This "scene" is making history.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 11:59 AM

Frankie is like Neil Peart and John Bonham rolled into one. But cuter.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 12:00 PM

man was everybody stoned as shit in there. weediest scene in recent memory

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 12:02 PM

RT @12:02 man was everybody stoned as shit in there. weediest scene in recent memory

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 12:17 PM

hey Crocodiles...maybe you can buy a song from the Dum Dum Girls???

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 12:20 PM

did crystal poops go well?

last time they were shiiite

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 12:32 PM

MAKING HISTORY!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 12:53 PM

love that tree

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 1:05 PM

The name Dum Dum Girls is an obvious cop from Iggy's great song "Dum Dum Boys" (from The Idiot). The guys and gals associated with Crocodiles certainly have all the right musical influences.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 1:14 PM

For your consideration...

SCENE:
Vivian Girls
Crystal Stilts
Blank Dogs
Kurt Vile
Mayfair Set
Dum Dum Girls

GOOD:
Woods
Tyvek (didn't play)
Real Estate
Beets
Ganglians

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 1:19 PM

"Hey Sis" sounds very Elastica, which is fine, since Elastica ceased being Elastica some time ago.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 1:24 PM

can you be both scene and good? Or does good automatically mean you are not in the scene and vice versa?

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 1:27 PM

No love for the Fresh and Onlys? Both sets on Saturday were great.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 1:36 PM

Fresh & Onlys belong in the good column. Woods are in the scene, but they are insanely good, so it's possible just a very rare occurrence. Everyone else (Vivian/Stilts/etc.) just wears scene clothes and has complex haircuts and costumes and basically plays the same variation on the most done-to-death post-punk jam you've ever heard in your life over and over and over again.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 1:38 PM

what the hell is the scene is that the new meh

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 1:44 PM

LOL at the "scene making history" comment.. i can dig most of these bands but lets not get crazy here

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 1:53 PM

I even met the infamous Todd P who gets blasted on here all the time. Never knew who he was before...Seemed like a nice guy to me and his dead pan announcements were hilarious!

Posted by Travis | July 6, 2009 1:58 PM

speaking of the "w" scene, anybody know of a good delivery service in south brooklyn?

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 1:58 PM

narc

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 2:08 PM

it's all soo bad

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 2:20 PM

Wait what happened to Shelley????????

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 2:52 PM

wow...hey sis is a really good song. they're other stuff is okay...a little too uniform...like it gives you a sound but it also makes you boring.

well i wish bah bahhhhhhh bah bah i was a catfish. bah bahhhhhhh bah bah and i would swim loooooooord, into the sea. (whiny sound) i'd have all you pretty womens....chasin' afta' me.

oh welllllll bloooooo dooooo be do

sure nufffffffff boooooooooo dooooooo be do

AND ANOTHER THING...JIFFY BALLZ AIN'T NUTHIN' TO FUCK WITH!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 3:19 PM

"Was there all day on Day 2. A lot of great bands, had a lot of fun, and all of the artists were very nice/extremely approachable.

Posted by Travis | July 6, 2009 1:58 PM"

Travis,
I hope you are like 16 cause if you are any older i feel sorry for you.
Ooh you met Todd P. Tell us all about him that mystery guy?
And why would the artists be anything less than approachable you fool. They are just as broke and stupid as you are.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 3:21 PM

Shelley says she's OK!

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 3:25 PM

Dude good stuff, but Psychedelic Horseshit was like a mess, how did they even make it on the venue.

Posted by Random | July 6, 2009 3:27 PM

thought the dum dum girls were pretty awesome actually .

worse part of the festival was fucking Horse Shit

really lived up to their name .. i wanted to fucking kill myself listening to their music (??!!!)

so disappointed that Tyvek didnt play

Posted by Nadia | July 6, 2009 3:28 PM

There's no division between "scene" bands and "real" bands.

If you were at this show, you'd see they're all friends. They all make music together, tour together, put out records on the same label and collaborate.

Anytime one of these bands is in another's town, they play together.

This competitive atmpsphere is created by moronic internet trolls.

If the music doesn't suit you, go listen to something else, because we're all having a good time.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 3:35 PM

@3:38 These bands might all be friends and that's just dandy but it doesn't mean there's no way to discern quality from one band to another. Vivian Girls, Stilts, Dum Dum Girls, Mayfair Set are all retreading the same post-JAMC/post-Joy Division roll call of boring as fuck influences with little flourishes here and there and making everyone fall asleep. Bands like Real Estate, Woods, and Beets are making some seriously inspired tossed off pop jams that kick fucking ass. Dum Dum Girls and Mayfair Set are, in particular, the definition of "vanity projects" - basically just there so that guitar d00ds can feel good about letting whatever flavor of the week they're fucking have her own special "project" that they can bring hype/validity to by showing up with their special haircut and outfit.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 3:43 PM

@3:21 I hope you are like 70 cause if you are any younger I feel sorry for you. Don't hate on someone just appreciating what a good time it was. "why would the artists be anything less than approachable you fool" ? Well, they could be you.

@3:35 Kudos.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 3:44 PM

oh and i like gary war the first night .

the beets, woods , fresh and onlys were great the second

pretty good festival over all considering it cost us 27 big ones

Posted by me | July 6, 2009 3:45 PM

Were people really that into Woods' set? I thought they sounded pretty bad really and the jams weren't very convincing. Some good songs sure, but the performance didn't seem to come close to, say, the Fresh and Onlys who I thought were much more entertaining.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 3:48 PM

agreed...jamc copycats are tired. nice for about a week.

now give me MORE music :)

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 3:59 PM

@ 3:21 Nope, I'm a "pathetic" working professional who came in from NJ.
I oftentimes drive in to see shows in the area because I *gasp* like music!
Oh and I talked to the bands because I *gasp* like people!
I met Todd P to try to help recycle at the next festival because I *gasp* like recycling!

Yay! Music!
Yay! Socializing!
Yay! Exclamations!

Posted by Travis | July 6, 2009 4:05 PM

eww...it's ok to be working...but not professional. grossies.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 4:07 PM

11:59
making history;

Thats the bullshit you're sapposed to spout, in some doc 20 years from now. When some kids are ripping you of after you ripped of the last three 20 year music cycles.

Posted by mike flood | July 6, 2009 4:28 PM

I reject this false dichotomy between Scene and Good.

Also saying Kurt Vile is scene = you have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

And how has NO ONE mentioned Thee Oh Sees slaying Saturday night. All in all brilliant pick to headline the final night. Also great = Woods, Real Estate, the Beets, Kurt Vile, Fresh & Onlys, Ganglians, Casiotone from fri MH show, Babies late show.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 4:30 PM

Is "scene" the new "deck"?????

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 4:40 PM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god don't say deck. puhhhhleazze

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 4:46 PM

I dunno, "scene" is pretty deck when you really think about it, but then again, "deck" has always kind of reeked of scene as well.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 5:04 PM

I am forming a new Williamsburg-based band to compete with the Trust Fund Dummies and Stewart McSmithers and the Trust Fund Five. We will be a gothic-neo-psych-stoner-rock power trio called
"The Deck Scene." Stay tuned to BVG for more details.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 5:07 PM

"And how has NO ONE mentioned Thee Oh Sees slaying Saturday night. "

Part 2 of our coverage coming tomorrow.

Posted by brooklynvegan | July 6, 2009 5:20 PM

First album by The Deck Scene: "I Used To Be A Hipster (Until Daddy Took My Trust Fund Away)." A totally post-ironic title.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 5:23 PM

So guys, how hilarious was that semi-fight that happened at the front of the Thee Oh Sees mosh?

Too bad no one got bit [via spilled Busch].

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 5:37 PM

didnt stick around for thee oh sees . i regret it .but i was craving some real food . so i had to get going

haha a fight ... people were getting rowdy when the vivians were playing .. had to be careful with the SLRs

oh i forgot to mention the tambourine guys ;)

Posted by me | July 6, 2009 5:43 PM

Part 2 is coming tomorrow - can we break triple digits in snarky comments? Only deck will tell.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 5:44 PM

5:37, what semi-fight? I was up there and we were just all drunkenly running into one another. Totes funz.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 5:47 PM

"Totes funz."

This is why they hate our freedom.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 5:49 PM

5:47, angry photographer girl vs. people around her

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 5:52 PM

How was TBA's set? did it sound phenomenal?

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 6:28 PM

I heard TBA was deck bro.

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 6:32 PM

5:52 ah, figures. Fotogs need to get over themselves a bit. They are secondary. Anyone else tired of every single thing ever being documented by 17 blogs and dying alt.weeklies?

Posted by Anonymous | July 6, 2009 8:35 PM

RARRGHHH I HATE MUSIC - like every other comment here.

Fest was awesome, bands were awesome, nothing scene about it....everyone was cool and hung out and talked to everyone; great time and a great fest put together for people who like rad stuff, not people who have so good that they can complain all the time about nothing. well, see ya! *pedals away*

Posted by KingTreehouse | July 7, 2009 12:46 AM

@11:52 : completely agree with you. my hopes were flushed down the toilet once they went into their pointless, set-long, electronic-noise jam. Very lame.

Show highlights for me were mayfair set, cause co-motion, dum dum girls, the beets, brilliant colors, viv girls, and last, but certainly not least: Thee Oh Sees. They sure ended the fest with a firework-like bang.

and thank god someone represented philly at this fest ... yey, Kurt Vile!

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 10:05 AM

@10:05, 11:52 here. Cheers to having good taste. If you were a female I'd ask you out for a drink.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 10:36 AM

psych horseshit - sometimes awesome - sometimes a trainwreck.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 11:04 AM

horseshit was good at monster island on sunday

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 11:15 AM

Thanks Brooklyn Vegan commenters, you've tainted another decent music news post with irrelevant outsider bitching. you did it!

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 11:20 AM

hahahah, "taint"

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 11:45 AM

Stewart McSmithers and the Trust Fund Five, the Trust Fund Dummies, and The Deck Scene are planning a backyard meta-hipster fest within the next few weeks somewhere in Williamsburg. Look for mp3 downloads of TFD's "Trust Fund Blues" and the DS's "I Used To Be A Hipster (Until Daddy Took My Trust Fund Away)" online somewhere.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 11:50 AM

these people look like trustfunders to you?

I think you have this confused with the pool parties

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 11:58 AM

I think Vivian Girls have trustfunds.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 12:01 PM

well you're wrong. the vivian girls are just average upper middle class girls from northern new jersey

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 12:18 PM

sometimes around the holidays i work at my buddy's catering place in new jersey. a few years ago, probably 3-5, there were some high school girls there working part time. they were prob 14-16 at the time, and looked all gothy, mally, whatever. when one of my co-workers asked if they were into goth music, they said no, they were into "scene bands".

congrats hipster brooklyn! here's your future

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 12:20 PM

this "scene" guy really thinks he's on to something.

is that really the best insight you can come up with?

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 12:33 PM

um, what's wrong with a scene anyhow?

I like being part of a community. Rock music is a social artform.

You've got to play out, everyone's drinking, and it's usually a party. People get laid. It's pretty sweet actually.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 12:34 PM

12:20 worked in Jersey and hung out with 14 year old mall girls.

Dude, you're lame.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 12:39 PM

Man, no one reads two-day old comments on BV, but regarding scene v. good @ 1:19 yesterday...

I'd say Crystal Stilts were "good" in mid-2008 and migrated over to "scene" over the last year. I also think the Dum Dum Girls are good - at least Dee Dee can sing! Blank Dogs, also good IMO, don't sound like the rest the bands, at least not recorded. Real Estate, on the other hand, totally scene.

The whole thing was very "scene" and all the bands could be so-called. It's not just a collective, it's a clique, and they've got some brilliant talent, but they've also managed to just paint themselves as universally hip. I've got no grudge, most of the folks I know from that crowd are plenty nice and have good taste, so if they coast off of cool points, good for them. But it is worthwhile for the rest of us to try to sift out what's musically interesting (Woods) from what's just blindly touted (Vivian Girls).

Real shame about Tyvek, they are one of the best.

Posted by Radio Flyer | July 7, 2009 12:43 PM

@12:43

I'm the scene/good guy and I appreciate your comment. I was at Day Two and had a great time and I think a lot of the bands are really great but they are not all universally good and the worst ones are sort of the most hyped (until recently, maybe). I don't know why Real Estate are scene, but they do have Matt M. (Ducktails/Predator Vision) in them and that might make them scene (Matt M. is very scene and kind of an asshole, from what I gather even though I will admit I think Ducktails is pretty decent overall). Tyvek is universally beloved, I think...

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 12:48 PM

this "scene" designation is probably the dumbest thing I've read on Brooklyn Vegan comments in months.

seriously, dumbest thing on Brooklyn Vegan. think of the competition you've beat out!

hey "scene" guy: you are a weird negative ass.

bad curmudgeon, bad!

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 12:52 PM

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 1:04 PM

Who uses "scene" as an adjective by the way? This is weird. Like something suburban emo tweens would talk about.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 1:06 PM

the scene thing is totally stupid and grates on my nerves

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 1:09 PM

and I mean the "scene" as a label thing is grating.

the actual scene is fucking awesome and we're lucky to be here while it's hot.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 1:13 PM

"Tyvek is a funny thing. They have been playing for years and years back in Michigan to minimal interest/fanfare. How did they suddenly get so big in NYC anyway? Still not sure they are big in Detroit."

because *anyone* in NY with a guitar and/or synth gets to be famous for 5 minutes...in the blogosphere anyway.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 1:15 PM

1:15 should go back to clown school

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 1:16 PM

hey 1:15, ask anyone who books shows, 99% of all bands can't get a show in New York. The competition is fierce and the scene is only good because a lot of talented people sort through the crap well and find the good shit buried under the torrent of garbage bands (like the band I'm sure you're in for instance.)

Tyvek got mildly popular because that Air Conditioner single is awesome and because they work hard and have some other good tunes. They were also in an MTV piece and are liked by people who are in bands that were already getting popular.

Call it nepotism or call it talented people giving a leg up to new bands that they get exposed to and like... doesn't matter how you paint it the Brooklyn scene is really great right now. Appreciate it while you can and quit your bitching.

It's a wide open community and you could be involved yourself, if only you could get that chip off your shoulder and drop the resentment and shitty vibes.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 1:24 PM

so what did crystal stilts do to migrate from "good" to "scene"? i feel i am missing something

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 1:26 PM

I still say scene is really fucking deck.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 1:41 PM

this scene bit is making me laugh. c'mon people we aren't girls and guys who have really bad, multi-colored hairstyles, with bright day glo and leopard spotted clothing, with really dark, sloped on makeup.

god, get yr labels right.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 1:43 PM

How ironic do you have to get to be post-ironic?
Are scenesters really just meta-hipsters in disguise? Is The Deck Scene really the greatest new band in Williamsburg? Stay tuned for the answers....

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 1:44 PM

are cargo shorts allowed in the scene?

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 1:47 PM

I've got the Michael Jackson funeral on with the sound off. Now there's a scene. For a guy who tried so hard to be white, he's sure been embraced by the blacks now that he's dead.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 1:55 PM

Does the scene have an official drink? PBR is not "scene."

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 1:57 PM

There are more and more empty places for rent in Williamsburg as Daddies cut off the trust fund hipsters. With the economy still tanking, we'll soon see if dire poverty can be ironic.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 1:59 PM

Congratulations to everyone for contributing to this snark fest, we have now passed 100 posts. We couldn't have done it without deck. Now please your attention to the Vivian Girls post on the front page and continue.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 2:04 PM

never PBR at these show. bud or busch, very occasonally miller

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 2:07 PM

@1:59

NYT actually did a story on that:

it's a pretty interesting read.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 2:09 PM

I'll stick with Heineken, scene or no scene.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 2:34 PM

Daddy's cut off the trust fund hipsters????

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 2:52 PM

@1:26,

This is based on my (admittedly limited) experiences observing the recent career of the Crystal Stilts: http://radioflyerreview.blogspot.com/2009/03/live-crystal-stilts-blank-dogs-women.html (see bulleted timeline near the end)

To me, the difference has been what appears to me as sense of entitlement and consequent laziness. Plus the lack of any new musical ideas since their Woodsist EP. Though, I guess that wasn't that long ago, so we'll see...

It was the 20 minute set thing that really bummed me out. Say what you will, if a bunch of kids are willing to trek to a venue and shell out $10 and give up an evening of their life, you should put on a show. Especially in some place like Austria, where kids really do have to make an effort to expose themselves to indie music.

Posted by Radio Flyer | July 7, 2009 3:33 PM

oh radio flyer has got a complaint?

what a surprise.

that blogger is a real bitch who shits on everything. If (s)he had insightful things to say, maybe you could respect the bad attitude. Usually it's just this or that is "terrible."

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 3:42 PM

never heard of the radio flyer blog. why do people have music blogs? too many already.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 3:54 PM

@ radioflyer: so you heard something from someone that you take as gospel when you weren't even there? huh? granted as a new yorker neither was i but i don't have "top secret" sources. seems to these ears like the new songs i heard at the cake shop "twee as fuck" show i was at were pretty cool and had some new things going on in them. i obviously can't say anything about shows in austria but from my experience of seeing the band a bunch of times over the last few years they seem anything but entitled.

Posted by Anonymous | July 7, 2009 6:09 PM

"looks like Bob Dylan playing with that little elf-like creature from the movie Legend."

LOL... I actually thought it was Nick Zinner playing with that little elf-like creature from Legend.

Posted by Anonymous | July 8, 2009 1:39 PM

what?! Kristin Gundred from Grand Ole Party who is married to Brandon Welchez of Crocodiles !?! how can she, from SD's most promising band be with the most rehashed overrated new act ever..
anyways dum dum girls is quite good

Posted by aki | July 8, 2009 8:17 PM

the stilts suck. the only good thing about them is frankie. screw you guys, i'm going home.

Posted by bez's maracas | July 9, 2009 12:47 PM

kind of nuts the kind of bullshit that gets said about this scene.

intimidated much?

these guys are actually all quite humble, nice, talented people.

Posted by Anonymous | July 9, 2009 10:49 PM

crocodiles are pretty much an homage to jesus and mary chain, but dum dum girls are really excellent

Posted by Anonymous | July 10, 2009 10:35 AM

This is bizarre.... been really loving Dum Dum Girls and stumbled upon Ol Grand Party or whatever it is they're called out of curiosity. It might be the worst pile of shit I've ever heard! It's SO bad that it sounds like they're kidding around. How could someone consciously write music like that and release it to the world? Those terrible lyrics and the over the top cock-rock vocals...it's hard to believe that it's the same person which leads me to wonder what the intentions behind this project really are. Is it to cash in on the crop of lo-fi that is so beloved by the Pitchfork crowd? Or did this chick generally have an epiphany and come out of her shell? All I have to say is, if anyone else came from an act like this and tried to launch something like Dum Dum Girls it would be dismissed and shat upon. Take that as you will.
You have to hear this to believe it:

Posted by Angel Martinez of Yorkshire Squares & Dice | September 17, 2009 12:07 PM

Posted by luis vuitton | October 17, 2009 12:16 PM

I dont like the dum dum girls that much, but they were pretty good at this show.

Posted by BrianS | December 3, 2009 10:08 AM

awesome, awesome show.

Posted by ladies golf balls | December 24, 2009 1:17 PM

oh radio flyer has got a complaint?

what a surprise.

Posted by Jogos Gratis | July 2, 2010 8:23 AM

Dum Dum Girls are a tad bit darker then their contemporaries anyway I don't like their sound.

Posted by Jogos | December 21, 2010 4:41 PM

I can not believe I missed this show.. Such a shame.

Posted by NJ Inground Pools | January 24, 2011 3:06 PM

Too much negativity in their tracks. I like music a little more cheerful. And we live in a world so very sad, that I was missing now.

Posted by sfaturi slabit | November 17, 2011 7:51 AM