Posted in music | tour dates on July 21, 2009

Yeah Yeah Yeahs @ Bonnaroo (more by Graeme Flegenheimer)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Yeah Yeah Yeahs will play a series of headlining shows around their July 31st appearance at All Points West. The band has second-to-top billing right under the Festival's Friday TBA headliner. That spot is still unfilled after the Beastie Boys were forced to cancel their APW appearance and all summer dates so MCA can undergo cancer treatment.

The new Yeah Yeah Yeahs shows, which include Clifton Park, NY (near Albany), Philadelphia and Toronto, can be added to the band's mostly-summer-festival schedule. The shows will be opened by Philly rapper and Spank Rock collaborator Amanda Blank, whose debut LP, I Love You, is due August 4th on Downtown Records. You can get a track off it at RCRD LBL.

Amanda Blank @ the 2009 Siren Festival (more by Tim Griffin)
Amanda Blank

YYYs have been releasing sections of Snakesweat, an art film directed by Barney Clay that was recorded during the It's Blitz sessions, as separate episodes. That's now streaming in full at Pitchfork ("one week only").

The tracklist, album art and video for It's Blitz' second single "Heads Will Roll" (out now as a digital remix EP through iTunes) with a live video of "Skeletons" and all tour dates, below...

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Skeletons

Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Heads Will Roll"

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

8/01 - Clifton Park, NY @ Northern Lights #
8/04 - Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus #
8/05 - Toronto, ON @ Kool Haus #
8/29 - Leeds, UK @ Leeds Festival
8/30 - Reading, UK @ Reading Festival
# w/ Amanda Blank

Heard Tommy Yorke is gonna open Friday.

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 10:53 AM

^^^ nice try. somebody was trying to start that rumor yesterday.

if that is the case..... yawn! do we really need more of that skinny little moron? radiohead hasn't had a relevant album in nearly a decade and his solo stuff is even worse.

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 10:56 AM

LOL @ 10:56

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 10:57 AM

god who is this trampy looking amanda blank girl?

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 11:06 AM

yeah tom yorke music is such a boring downer. i want something i like can my butt to, like amanda blank, that shit is so cash.

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 11:06 AM

ATF? Radiohead were awesome last year at APW and seeing/hearing them play stuff from In Rainbows only reinforced to me the album's greatness. If Radiohead headlined again, or if Thom did, I actually would be really psyched to see that show. (Though I can think of a few bands/artists that could replace the Beasties that I'd be excited to see– how about Beck?).

Posted by meg | July 21, 2009 11:08 AM

yes a new 3y's album, i cant wait to check out their new branding. i totally need a new style before school starts again!

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 11:08 AM

ohhhh i read that wrong :-( well maybe the bands with the new album thats touring with them will have some cool type of brand thats adoptable

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 11:10 AM

I hope the YYY's play a NYC show other than APW this year. However, I think contract restrictions with APW prevent them from playing in the vicinity for a certain period of time before and after the APW event.

Posted by Dan | July 21, 2009 11:17 AM

would love to see a ramshackle last minute pavement reunion. wishful thinking. it gets me nowhere

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 11:28 AM

MEH MEH MEH'S

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 11:34 AM

Faith No More is free that whole week!

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 11:43 AM

^^
Now yer talkin!

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 11:45 AM

A reliable source has informed me TBA is in the mix to replace the Beasties. As for the YYYs, they were much better when they sucked.

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 11:48 AM

Hi Guys,

My name is Black Francis (aka Frank Black). You probably know me from bands like: The Pixies, Frank Black & The Catholics...and that new band with my wife that kinda sucks.

Me just wanted to say that YYY is kinda overrated and sucks...and that while there are some good bands out there...we lack those few golden visionaries who move people like none other.

Don't get me wrong - me really appreciates the relatively heterogeneous atmosphere in music where all genres get attention (alt country / bluegrass / metal / indie / etc.). But like, where's the Pixies of Gen Y? Where's the band or so with 40/50 songs that are solid gold-slammin'-rock til you drop songs?

You can put 5 amazing musicians in a room...but if you don't have one visionary you get nowhere.

Oh and I don't play Deerhunter. I play Buckhunter on a Panamanian schooner BITCHES!

Love, Frank Black

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 11:48 AM

Hi Guys,

My name is Kim Deal. You probably know me from bands like: The Pixies, The Breeders.

I just wanted to say that I totally agree with Frank.

Cheers, Kimmy

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 11:56 AM

my band is available

Posted by damon albarn | July 21, 2009 12:00 PM

Oh Hey Ya'll,

My name is Joey Santiago. You probably know me from bands like: The Pixies, Some crappy side-project.

I just wanted to say that I totally agree with Frank and Kim.

Cheers, Joey

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 12:01 PM

Is TBA a real acronym, or is that "To Be Announced?"

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 12:01 PM

karen o is a painted figurine

if she wasn't a faux fashionista no one would give a shit about her crappy band

meh meh mehs indeed

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 12:11 PM

Oh Hey Ya'll,

My name is David Lovering. You probably know me from bands like: The Pixies, doing some kickass magic.

I just wanted to say that I totally agree with Frank, Kim and Joey.

Abracadabra, David

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 12:18 PM

"Faith No More" is free that whole weekend!"

What, did nothing cancel?

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 12:27 PM

YYY headlining Monolith too.

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 12:39 PM

Haaaay-yayyyyyy,

My name is Kelly Deal. You probably know me from The Breeders and as a roadie for David's magic act.

I just wanted to say that I totally agree with Frank, Kim, Joey, and David.

Can someone drive me to the free clinic,
Kelly

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 12:40 PM

You hipsters have no life at all. Get a real job and stop trying to imitate rock musicians.

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 12:59 PM

here's the issue i have with these comments. you claim to hate hipsters yet you live on brooklyn vegan. are you confused?

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 1:55 PM

I farted.

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 2:01 PM

YYYs took beasties spot at lolla.

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 2:49 PM

to 2:49....that news was old by 2pm. Holla!

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 3:29 PM

No No Nos

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 3:44 PM

Hi all,

This is Zach just here to say Frank Black and everyone who agrees with him are worthless cocksuckers. YYY are neither overrated nor do they suck. Frank Black, however, sucks and seems to be a pro at it seeing he can make such an ignorant comment. How does Frank Black justify his comment knowing their solid string of great albums and countless appearances on reputable music festivals in US and Europe? He never gives any because he can't because he pulls his spiteful comments out of his ass. Go fuck yourself Frank Black, and next time you make a comment about a band know what the fuck you are talking about :D

Sincerely, Zach

Posted by Zach | July 21, 2009 4:43 PM

Zach seems as though you forgot to put your sense of humor on today.

Posted by Ken | July 21, 2009 4:51 PM

Every YYY's full lengths & EPs are fukkin awesome from beginning to end; from the music to the lyrics they are artistic and creative and never sound the same from release to release. Even ALL their live shows get amazing reviews and many critics have labeled their genre as "art punk" which i feel suits them well. So if your not into them you're the one with the issue so don't blame them.

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 8:48 PM

Chicks that rap like they're black but sound like valley girls when they talk give me a boner.

I <3 Amanda Blank.

Posted by Anonymous | July 21, 2009 11:36 PM

YYYs....another good band that now BLOWS.

Queeer....

Posted by Anonymous | July 22, 2009 10:08 AM

Zach and the YYYs suck balls!

Posted by Anonymous | July 22, 2009 10:20 AM

Hey Anonymous at 10:20am, you're such a pussy you attack me but dont leave your name. I noticed that there a lot of ppl taking shots and staying anonymous. Fuck off you gutless cowards. Do the world a favor Anonymous and put a gun inside you mouth and pull the trigger. The world would be a better place without you.
By the way, what shit bands do you listen too? Please list them in order of suckiness so i can tear them apart. :)

Love Zach

Posted by Zach | July 22, 2009 11:39 AM

Zach, this is God. You're an idiot.

Posted by God | July 22, 2009 11:49 AM

Zach, this is the Devil. You're an idiot.

Posted by Anonymous | July 22, 2009 2:28 PM

Really? How am I the idiot when all those other morons take shots at YYY without any evidence or good reason? A band that sucks would not get the acclaim and invites to such prestigious music festivals like they have. So, why don't you idiots use your brains for once in your lives and try at some constructive criticism? Or are shallow, one line, drive by comments the fullest extent of your intelligence? So please, if anyone of you neanderthals actually have something constructive to say, say it.

God, Devil, this is Zach. If either of you want a piece of me, bring it on.

Posted by Zach | July 22, 2009 4:09 PM

And notice that "God" or "Devil" never challenged my comments or prove me wrong, they just make personal attacks. That's the same with all the other losers on this forum who answered me.

Sincerely, Zach

Posted by Zach | July 22, 2009 4:16 PM

How old are you, Zach?

Everyone wants to know.

Posted by Everyone | July 22, 2009 4:41 PM

You guys really like to put me on the spot

Um ok, so my balls.

The reason that I like my balls so much, uh, aside from the fact that they're amazing is, um, I feel like they were kind of overlooked when they actually came out and now they're like this absolute classic balls. But, uh, when they were actually reviewed, when my balls came out, they really didn't do very...I mean they did well, but they didn't do extremely well. Rolling Stone at the time gave them like..I think 2 out of 5 stars or something like that. And then when they re-released my balls they said they were 5 out of 5 stars, when they did the next review. But they were just very important balls in my formidable years and, um, they're classic pop balls.

Posted by Zach | July 22, 2009 5:27 PM

Again ppl attack me personally instead of dealing with the issues at hand. Im portrayed as childish by "Everyone" and yet the person who just imitated me probably has made to most immature comments of them all. (and he or she seems to have some fascination with balls)
Its funny none of the ppl who attacked the YYY with ignorant one line comments have been challenged, and yet i get attacked for asking ppl to back up their statements. So I ask again for them to do so.
BTW "Everyone" im old enough to know the difference between constructive criticism and ignorant, baseless opinion. Why dont you ask how old the person above me is?

Posted by Zach | July 22, 2009 5:56 PM

and another thing.

You all know the YYY's are the most important band of this decade (if not all time). That's why none of you even try to dispute this FACT. Personal attacks show what petty, brainless, jealous jerks you all are.

Posted by Zach | July 22, 2009 6:04 PM

Stop imitating me. That is so immature.

Posted by Zach | July 22, 2009 6:06 PM

(Sigh) Again ppl imitate me instead of using their own names and being men about it.(The last two posts are not mine) Anyway, I never said the YYY were the most important band of the decade or all time, Nor did I say that was a fact. I ( for about the thousandth time) simply challenged all the people making one line pot shots to justify why they think that. The person above me is twisting the argument horribly. Is there something wrong with askin ppl to justify their claims, or should all blogs be idiots just talking out of their asses?
And yes imitating other people is immature, as the person above me has so perfectly demonstrated. I haven't stooped to imitate anyone here, but they don't see a problem with doing it to me.

Posted by Zach | July 22, 2009 8:45 PM

If you can't express your opinions in an overlong paragraph, you shouldn't express them at all. The first such time I expressed my feelings in such a way was when my friend in high school told me that he told me that Coldplay's "Parachutes" wasn't a good album, just one or two good songs with a bunch of filler. He couldn't have used more than 10-15 words to express his point of view, so I knew he really hadn't thought things out enough. I went on to explain to him how Chris Martin was just about to go on a solid run of remarkable albums, ones that would reshape how much of the general public views popular music. The argument became very heated, and I realized we wouldn't be able to remain friends if he couldn't change his point of view. Once "A Rush of Blood to the Head" came out, he realized the errors of his ways and came crawling back with his tail between his legs. We've been in love ever since.

Posted by Zach | July 23, 2009 8:46 AM

Har Har that comment above wasnt' me either Real mature. You guys amaze me with every post

Posted by Zach | July 23, 2009 9:02 PM

And notice the blatant homophobia of that post. Does portraying someone else as a homosexual make you feel like a big man, or are you secretly one yourself? When any of you cowards want to give a real answer ill be waiting.
And I don't listen to Coldplay.

Posted by Zach | July 23, 2009 9:07 PM

that scene at the end of heads will roll is creepy

Posted by hipster replacement | July 23, 2009 9:35 PM

All you homophobes can SUCK THIS DICK.

Posted by Zach | July 24, 2009 9:17 AM

oh, and I do like Coldplay.

Posted by Zach | July 24, 2009 9:18 AM

"YEAH YEAH YEAHS PERFORM AT THE GREEK THEATRE IN LOS ANGELES ON SEPTEMBER 17TH

BE SURE TO CATCH THEM THE NIGHT BEFORE WHEN THE BAND STOPS BY THE TONIGHT SHOW SEPTEMBER 16TH"

Posted by just announced | July 24, 2009 4:20 PM

Is is just me or does Karen O look like a tranny in this picture up at the top?

Posted by zach | August 1, 2009 3:59 PM

Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It's always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! I'm sure you had fun writing this article.

Posted by mjfprod | January 26, 2010 5:01 AM