Posted in MP3 | music on August 12, 2009

Alec Ounsworth

Alec Ounsworth to Pitchfork: That's precisely the confusion with this [ANTI solo] record. I actually have another project right now called Flashy Python that's more about me trying to erect some grand statement [laughs]. Not to say the Alec Ounsworth record or Clap Your Hands aren't personal statements. But the Alec Ounsworth record was me going down to New Orleans for a short period of time and trying to piece something together based on a collection of mostly old songs. I figured this would be a good opportunity to purge myself of those songs in a very precise and particular setting.
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah's Alec Ounsworth is releasing a solo album on ANTI-Records on October 20th. That was to be his solo debut until this even newer one came along which is available as an instant download now, although maybe since it's actually considered a Flashy Python (his long-time alter ego) record, and not an Alec Ounsworth one, it doesn't count.

The Flashy Python record includes contributions from members of the Walkmen (Matt Barrick the drummer), Dr. Dog (Toby Leaman and Scott McMicken), and Man Man (Billy Dufala). Alec's wife also plays some trumpet. He plays just about everything. Grab one track below...

your email goes to Alec Ounsworth...

Who? What? Why?

Posted by jan janson | August 12, 2009 1:32 PM

Stop hatin. This stuff is good!

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2009 1:38 PM

Ok, Alec.

Posted by jan janson | August 12, 2009 1:47 PM

Haha. Not really, man. Nice try though. If I were Alec, I probably wouldn't give a shit about some random "who? what? why?" comment. I just think this album is good and I am hearing it now for the first time.

Posted by 1:38 | August 12, 2009 1:53 PM

Sorry, I have to admit with Jan. His music sucks & no one cares.

Posted by Tim | August 12, 2009 2:24 PM

This is what the second Clap album should have sounded like. In other words: MEH.

Posted by rajah of rehab | August 12, 2009 2:31 PM

And that grand statement is: "I'll never come close to creating anything better than the first CYHSY album."

Statement submitted. Approval of said statement stamped.

Go away now, bald man, with your affected croak and bland worthless lyrics. This album is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2009 2:36 PM

Don't listen to the naysayers, Alexander. You're the greatest thing since Brian Eno first tugged on a sparkly jumpsuit.

Only kidding. This album of yours is shite.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2009 2:46 PM

Good, not great.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2009 2:49 PM

not working. did we crash the flashy site?

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2009 4:58 PM

This is really a fine album. Completely impressive and original for Alec. Job well done.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2009 10:13 PM

"Original for Alec"?!?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....

Posted by in the no | August 13, 2009 9:14 AM

just got an email from a flashy python list. did alec ounsworth just hijack the clap your hand say yeah mailing list to start up his own email list? that is fucking bullshit.

Posted by Anonymous | August 28, 2009 2:19 PM

Hello out There,

My name is Alec Ounsworth. I have completed a project called FLASHY PYTHON: SKIN AND BONES. You can listen to the album (and buy it if you feel so inclined) here.

As you may or may not know, and I suppose the reason I'm writing you directly, another project that I have been working on for several years now is called CLAP YOUR HANDS SAY YEAH. This is not that and that is this nor is it the other (the other often tragically confused with him or her) . . .

FLASHY PYTHON was conjured up and brought forth absolutely independently. It was completed recently and released even more recently to no acclaim nor discredit as no "news sources" were informed of its completion.

The idea is to present the project purely (while we still can) and let the individual make up his or her own mind which, as it seems to me, is perhaps the primary benefit in the otherwise alienating age of modern technology and communication.

I also have another album coming out on October 20th on Anti Records called Mo Beauty. You can hear a track from it over at stereogum. That is not this either.

Thanks for reading this email.

Sincerely,
Alec Ounsworth
www.pythonspalace.com

Posted by Anonymous | August 28, 2009 2:20 PM

not working. did we crash the flashy site?

Posted by luis vuitton | October 17, 2009 12:00 PM

I haven't heard of him. But sure sounds interesting. I will check it out too. Thanks.

Posted by soakaways | April 29, 2010 12:57 PM

A really nice idea just about this. Study and don't forget - if you have to work and study at the same time, there are experts who are ready to aid you with your essays when you under time compression. I'd suggest in this case the most incorrupt amongs thesis help where you can get custom content.

Posted by Fields30Vera | February 9, 2012 3:28 AM

A lot of people want to be the best. Nonetheless they do not know a right way to do it. I will uncover a secret information for you! Attempt to buy an essay and your high mark will be guaranteed.

Posted by buy essay papers | April 9, 2012 4:19 AM