Posted in music | tour dates on August 12, 2009

Depeche Mode's Dave Gahan @ MSG (more by Tim Griffin)
Dave Gahan

(August 11, 2009) Depeche Mode has been forced to cancel their scheduled appearance on Wednesday, August 12th at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California due to doctor's orders that lead singer Dave Gahan be on complete vocal rest for 48 hours. Because of their busy schedule, a new Bay Area date will not be rescheduled this year. "San Francisco is one of the most important cities to the band and we are devastated that we have been forced to cancel this date," said Dave Gahan. "We hope to be back soon to play for all of our fans in the area." Refunds will be issued at the point of purchase.
Depeche Mode successfully completed a 2-night run in NYC earlier this month, and have otherwise been doing OK since Dave Gahan was forced to take some time off in May.

Peter Bjorn and John, who just added a NYC show at Terminal 5, were scheduled to open that cancelled California show.

Video from MSG below...

DeMEHche Mode

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2009 10:14 AM

JUNKIE!

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2009 10:26 AM

Looks like Dave hooked up with some of Kurdt Cobain and Layne Staley's old friends in Seattle.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2009 11:17 AM

Gahan must have one of those doctors like Michael Jackson had, writing out scripts for morphine and giving him "Dave was sick" notes whenever he overdoes it and has to cancel a show or shows. It is funny that he cancels right after a show in Seattle. Maybe he and Courtney Love got together for a little smack party after the show.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2009 11:27 AM

These guys haven't been great since Songs of Faith and Devotion. Each album they do now is a throwaway excuse to tour -- they play a couple of mediocre songs from it and then go straight to the oldies. Who knew that Alan Wilder was the key to DM's success? He left after SOF&D and they haven't been the same since.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2009 11:40 AM

LMMFAO... What a tool, obviously spoken from a Billboard top 40 person!

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2009 11:46 AM

These guys are just milking it now -- I don't need to hear that old stuff like "Personal Jesus" ever again -- I ain't funding Gahan's drug habit at this point.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2009 11:51 AM

I can't imagine why San Francisco would be one of the most important cities to the band...

Posted by klloop | August 12, 2009 3:24 PM

All of this drug talk is ridiculous. If you really think that Dave Gahan is back on smack and not recovering from some serious medical issues, then you are just ignorant.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2009 3:27 PM

....probably because of all the gay people, depeche mode is a gay mans friend on the dance floor

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2009 5:02 PM

To all the disappointed peeps in SF, there's a Depeche Mode party tonight... Check it out!

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2009 7:11 PM

fuck you all with your stupid comments that dont make me feel better either if you dont have anything good to say just shut the fuck up.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2009 8:53 PM

^^^

you can say that again.

Posted by Anonymous | August 12, 2009 9:03 PM

So stupid are the people that posted that Dave was doing drugs comments. He just got over having a tumor removed and I love all there albums after Faith and Devotion. Get over it.

Posted by Anonymous | August 13, 2009 12:46 AM

I´m sad that you couldn´t enjoy DM. I went to see them in Spain ,Valladolid 8th of july09 . It was my 1st time and we all enjoy very much the concert. I shall go on next 16 november in Madrid again!
They are the best group all over the world!! Long life to Depeche!!
Enjoy them doing Dm parties !! My friends and I do it in Madrid!!

Posted by marisa | August 13, 2009 8:38 AM

my girl has been a DM FAN SINCE THEY STARTED...BACK IN THE EARLY 80'S . BACK SINCE JOY DIVISION,AND BUZZCOCKS . SO REALLY I DO HOPE HE CANCELLS TOMMOROW , IF NOT THAT MEANS DAVE WILL GO ALL OUT! AND PERFORM HIS LAST CONCERT IN FRONT OF HIS TRUE L.A. DM FANS!!! I DO BELIEVE HIS MEDICAL CONDITION IS NOT GREAT AND TRYING TO KEEP IT SECRET ! SO DONT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS IGNORANT BASTARDS!!! SHAME ON YOU !! WERE GOING TOMMORROW NIGHT GOT GREAT SEATS!!! GOD BLESS EVERYONE! AND THEIR FAMILIES!!!

Posted by hayro noriega | August 15, 2009 11:52 PM