Posted in music | tour dates on August 18, 2009

Dirty Projectors @ Housing Works Bookstore (more by Chris La Putt)
Dirty Projectors

No sooner do we post about their new EP and European dates, than Bowery Presents spills the beans that Dirty Projectors are scheduled to play a pair of NYC show in November. They'll appear at the Bowery Ballroom on Wednesday, November 18th, and the Music Hall of Williamsburg on November 19th. Tickets for these long-awaited, semi-intimate (but not TOO intimate), indoor shows go on sale Friday, August 21st at noon.

DP's last NYC shows have been outside at the Williamsburg Waterfront, in a very small record store, in the rain at Central Park Summerstage, in a book store (short set), and at Radio City Music Hall (a VERY short set). Updated tour dates below...

Dirty Projectors - 2009 Tour Dates
Sep 09 Maroquinerie Paris, France
Sep 11 End Of The Road Festival Dorset, United Kingdom
Sep 12 Bestival Isle Of Wight, United Kingdom
Sep 13 Scala London, United Kingdom
Sep 16 Whelans Dublin, Ireland
Sep 19 Botanique Brussels, Belgium
Sep 20 Melkweg Amsterdam, Netherlands
Sep 21 Festsaal Kreuzberg Berlin, Germany
Sep 25 Le Printemps de Septembre Festival Toulouse, France
Nov 18 Bowery Ballroom New York, NY
Nov 19 Music Hall of Williamsburg Brooklyn, NY

dirty projectors= overly hyped.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 1:02 PM

agreed they're not that great

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 1:07 PM

1:02-

dirty projectors are making interesting, compelling music in an era of musical laziness/blandness. wavves is something you could call overly hyped. we need more bands like dirty projectors, in my opinion. real musicianship, good songwriting, incredible voices, unique sound.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 1:13 PM

I saw them couple years ago opening up for Deerhoof at Irving Plaza and they were terrible/boring....probably 99% of the crowd was thinking please get off the stage....then Deerhoof came on, everyone was so happy.

I think people like to bash this band though cause Pitchfork gave them such a good rating on their latest cd yet they're nothing special.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 1:18 PM

There is nothing cool about playing the Bowery.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 1:30 PM

@1:02 & 1:07 - I am bored with cynical hipsters. Perhaps you can go find something else to feel superior about in order to build your ever-waning self-esteem? Let the people who actually like music talk, kids, and go work on your ironic enjoyment of...whatever it is you happen to think will make you look cool this week.

Posted by unclaimed smegma | August 18, 2009 1:33 PM

"There is nothing cool about playing the Bowery."

there is everything cool about playing one of the best venues in all of NYC.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 1:41 PM

Dear BV, your link for "tickets" does not bring you to the correct ticketmaster page. However, I recommend bookmarking http://www.boweryballroom.com/event/3485 the bowery presents event page, which should link-up with a "buy tickets" button when it goes on sale at Noon on Friday.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 1:44 PM

"Dear BV, your link for "tickets" does not bring you to the correct ticketmaster page. "

yes it does

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 1:47 PM

hmmm 1:47 - when I try it it comes up as 'No results found for "dirty projectors"
Search Results for "dirty roseanne"'

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 1:53 PM

@ 1:53: that's because the tickets haven't been listed on Ticketmaster yet. When they are listed, which they will soon probably, the search results will be different. Welcome to the Internet.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 1:59 PM

(then) "the search results will be different"

Thus, the link in incorrect NOW. Welcome to the present.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 2:02 PM

"Thus, the link in incorrect NOW. Welcome to the present."

moron

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 2:18 PM

@ 1:13 I completely agree...this band delivers the goods.

Posted by michandre | August 18, 2009 2:40 PM

dirty roseanne is way more original.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 3:17 PM

I'm not so sure this band is as "original" as some folks claim. There are tons of "original" musicians and bands out there. It's a strange statement to make about any artist because if you aren't somewhat original then you're just bad. I like longstreth's voice but those back up singers, my god... technically pretty good, but I feel that they're pretty unremarkable to plain where the quality of each of their voices is concerned. It's cute I guess, but they make it hard for me to listen to them they sound like a chorus of children me. I will admit Longstreth has got some great musical ideas.

Posted by Rw | August 18, 2009 3:29 PM

Anyone got the presale password?

Posted by Duke | August 18, 2009 3:58 PM

the password is "MEHjectors"

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 4:11 PM

Combining pop with unconventional song structures isn't new. My main problem is that they're not doing this to any good effect. This review sort of sums it up for me:

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 4:49 PM

"Anyone got the presale password?"

How many times will people ask this question every time tickets go on sale? They are AMEX pre-sales and you need an AMEX card to purchase. The password is if you have a premium card like the gold or black.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 4:54 PM

I agree with 4:49. They have a lot of potential to put out really great albums, they just haven't done it yet.

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 6:21 PM

lol @ good songwriting

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 7:09 PM

aMEHx presale

dp are fantastic. I think they will just keep getting better and better. see this band live! they are really good

Posted by Anonymous | August 18, 2009 7:23 PM

Where's that wack DP music video?

Posted by Anonymous | August 19, 2009 12:35 AM