Posted in music on August 3, 2009

Tickets for the Leonard Cohen show at Madison Square Garden are currently on Fan Club Pre-Sale (password = CENTRALPARK). They go on AmEx presale Monday morning at 10am, and then general sale starts August 10th at 10am.

Wow...you can sit 12th row center for $280 or 3rd row center for $625? No thanks, Leonard.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 1:18 AM

Suggestion: buy any of the thousands of cheaper seats that are available. Imagine that.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 1:38 AM

wow only $280. what a fucking bargain!

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 2:22 AM

try $30, Anon 1:18. Oh wait, you weren't going to go, right?

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 7:33 AM

quitcherbitchin. Sec 5 row E is 129$ face. Just go. Crissakes...all you whiners....it's a great show.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 8:47 AM

Wow pretty soon Leonard is gonna be doing a weekly stint at the Living Room the way this thing is going. The guy is not going away!

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 9:08 AM

Regardless of what you pay, you will be in for one of the most captivating, classy shows of your lifetime.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 9:12 AM

rather see tom waits

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 9:23 AM

300 bucks is a lot of money to see old leonard, but he does usually wear a nice sweater when he plays. Count me in!

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 9:43 AM

Re: "rather see tom waits"

definitely.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 9:49 AM

Rather see a Waits/Cohen co-headling show...

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 10:01 AM

Crystal Castles would be a fitting opening act?

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 10:11 AM

got my tix for $60. a steal to see a legend.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 10:26 AM

Anybody who leaves an "i'd rather see tom waits" comment on a leonard cohen thread doesn't deserve to see tom or leonard.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 10:48 AM

I'D RATHER BE FISHING

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 10:52 AM

I'd rather have red velvet cake from Billy's, but what does that have to do with seeing a cool show at MSG? EeEK.

It's no wonder these threads are useless half the time.

STAY>>>ON>>>>COURSE>>>>

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 10:57 AM

I saw him in May and it was literally the best concert of my life. He's incredible. these tickets are well worth it.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 11:08 AM

i hope none of you go to this.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 11:48 AM

I hope everyone goes otherwise I don't see it selling out. He already did what 2 beacons, radio city etc...Will be very tough to sell out MSG on the third passthrough NYC in less than 1 year!

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 11:58 AM

Leonard CoMEHn

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 12:53 PM

Leonard Cohen >>> Tom Waits

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 1:08 PM

Capacity for the beacon is about 2,400; for radio city its 6,000. Both of those sold out in seconds. One show at MSG? There won't be a ticket left.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 1:17 PM

I think almost everyone who wanted to see him saw him already. In this economy I don't think people are seeing him multiple times. I predict 75% full.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 1:30 PM

MSG at 75% full is still more tickets than Radio City or Beason, so this means more fans will get to see him.

Seems to me like a-lot of people here don't appreciate the fact that from a feasibility standpoint, some artists just can't play 5 nights in a row at a smaller venue. Leonard is going on a full U.S. tour and he needs to be able to play to his fans all over the country. Loading up days in one location would drown his energy (he's over 70), which would lead to the subsequent shows being sub-par.

Plus, their are plenty of cheap seats for this gig. Granted you will have to sit in the nosebleeds, but it's not as if they are refusing to accomodate fans with smaller wallets.

Posted by Anonymous | August 3, 2009 1:41 PM

or smaller dicks

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2009 10:25 AM

Caught the Radio City show. Had great seats and paid a bundle for 'em. But, it was well worth it. EXCELLENT show! I'd go see him again. This time, I'd get the cheap seats. Nowadays, they have those giant video screens, so you can see them play at closer proximity than if you were in the 10 row for chrissakes. And, the band is SO good, it's worth catching them live.

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2009 2:32 PM

You guys who going are all f**ken lucky.
I live the other side of the world so all i can do is dream about going to see Leonard Cohen live.
Be grateful!

Posted by anon | August 4, 2009 3:49 PM

I try but that is too xpensive

Posted by Anonymous | August 4, 2009 6:20 PM

I flew to Italy from Australia last year such was my enthusiasm to see two shows-Leonard Cohen and Tom Waits (my second time to see Waits since last Australian tour 1981). Both were amazing shows, but in different ways. I am lucky and priveledged to have seen both, and I went because I thought neither would ever come to Sydney again-if you have the opportunity, and the Cohen show is coming to you-buy a seat you can afford and go and experience one of the greatest concerts you will ever hear. Take the opportunity. And in a world where form has triumphed over substance-well..if you can go...stop carping....be good to yourself and get a ticket...

Posted by CraigGee | August 4, 2009 7:07 PM

Where is that price ($280) being charged? I know my town is depressed, but in Detroit a couple of months ago, they had $65 seats. Mine were main floor, but one step under highest price. I paid $135 per ticket. WORTH IT!

Posted by Jim Orlando | August 4, 2009 9:49 PM

August 3, 2009 1:30 PM : I saw him at the Beacon and Radio City shows. I have tix for the MSG show as well. I'm not rich. It's a matter of priorities. The man is a living legend.

Posted by Anonymous | August 7, 2009 7:20 PM

Have seen him twicw in ireland...paid through the nose but it was one of the best and most memorable experiences in my life..You leave feeling exhilerated and excited by life. Better than any therapy...Highly recommend at any price

Posted by Anonymous | August 9, 2009 10:00 AM

Well, I'm one of those who lives on the other side of the world and made it to the Radio City Hall concert in May. I sat on a plane - economy class - for 11 hours, took two hours to make it from NJ by train and two days later had the time of my life in the concert of my life. I have never seen so many fans giving him a standing ovation, and I've been going to concerts since the 60's. I guess the second best concert I saw was the Beatles in Vancouver in '65. Two days later I took another plane 10.5 hours and a couple of G's lighter, but so much richer for seeing this amazingly humble performer.
40,000 tickets for his appearance in Tel Aviv were sold out in 10 hours. That says it all. I love this little big man.

Posted by Smiller | August 20, 2009 2:44 PM

Posted by AVC CONVERTER | January 28, 2010 3:44 AM

love the man to bits, i hear him all night long,first thing in the morning too = all u lucky people across the pond seeing him regularly. saw him last year in Belfast, just fab. will see him @ Lissadell, Sligo and cannot wait, sail on, sail on oh mighty ship of state.......xx

Posted by patricia davidson | May 6, 2010 3:20 PM