Posted in To Do | music on August 28, 2009

MJ DressMJ Dress

"Marty Markowitz, the Brooklyn borough president, will present a proclamation declaring the day Michael Jackson Day in Brooklyn. The Rev. Al Sharpton will supply the prayer. DJ Spinna will supply the music...

In an interview this month with The Root, an online magazine on black culture, Mr. Lee said of the party: "It's going to just be how we do it, Brooklyn style, I'll leave it at that. It's going to be a joyous, festive, celebratory party." He also said: "We're of the same era. I wanted my Afro to be perfectly round like Michael's, all that stuff."" [NY Times]

DJ Spinna will also be supplying some music at another MJ Bday party later that night.

Unfortunately, for this and the Impose party at BKYLN Yard, it might be raining.

"wudnt nutin strange bout yo daddy"

insights from the rev. al sharpton

really rev?

Posted by Anonymous | August 28, 2009 1:53 PM

it's "preachers" like Rev. Al Sharpton that makes me glad I'm an atheist.

Posted by Anonymous | August 28, 2009 2:31 PM

"i'm leaving wilhelmina and going to ford the moment this fucking show is over!"

Posted by Anonymous | August 28, 2009 3:26 PM

i like nitrus.

Posted by Anonymous | August 28, 2009 3:42 PM

Anyone going to the MJ party? Could be interesting.

Posted by Adrienne | August 29, 2009 5:42 AM

In response to "Adrienne's" post. I only found out about Spike Lee's Prospect Park Party a few minutes ago, and I'm COMPLETELY bummed about it because it's too late for me to get ready to go. Personally, I think it's gonna be a GREAT affair! Can't wait to read about it.

Posted by Khrystle | August 29, 2009 11:45 AM

I hear spike lee might actually crack a smile at this event.

Posted by Anonymous | August 29, 2009 2:40 PM

yes really! there was nothing strange about him!..everything he did was made to look strange and 'weird' by the stupid media and press!..he was a good person..a great humanitarian..and the best entertainer that ever lived. he had a very sweet heart and you know what?..even the people that 'hate' him know that deep inside. everybody was threatened by his accomplishments and its so sad!..but now hes in a better place where he can rest and find peace!..& to be true more people love him then the once that dont. people still cry over his death and theres nothing anybody can say to change that. the world has lost an angel!..if you have a problem with him fuck off..cus you dont know the truth, do some research and them talk.
PEACE AND LOVE.