« Celebrate Brooklyn 2009 is finished this weekend, here are some pics from the Burning Spear & Naomi Shelton show | De La Soul (& DMC) played Nokia, Prince Paul DJing Pool Party Sunday (w/ Del da Funky Homosapien, Kenan Bell, others) »
Animal Collective @ the 2009 Sasquatch Festival (more by Chris Graham)
The Walkmen @ the 2009 Sasquatch Festival (more by Chris Graham)
tonight in NYC
* Marduk signing session @ Duff's
* Antifolk Festival @ Sidewalk Cafe
* Dougie Bowne @ Issue Project Room
* David Johansen DJ set @ Home Sweet Home
* Dungen, Woods, Ducktails @ The Bell House
* Buildings, Precinct, Effing @ Market Hotel
* Woodstock Celebration w/ Anisette @ Joe's Pub
* ZAZA, Blind Man's Colour, Dinowalrus @ The Cameo
* Emiliana Torrini, Anya Marina @ Highline Ballroom
* Alela Diane, Sharon Van Etten, Luluc @ Union Hall
* School of Seven Bells, The xx @ South Street Seaport
* Wild Yaks, Grandchildren, Senors of Marseille @ Pianos
* Kurt Vile, Blues Control, Mad Scene, Hans Chew @ Cake Shop
* Raccoon Fighter, The Sundelles, Radio America @ Glasslands
* Animal Collective, Black Dice, Dam Funk @ Prospect Park Bandshell
* The Beets, Pop. 1280, German Measles, Fluffy Lumbers @ Silent Barn
* Hercules & Love Affair, House of House, Liv Spence @ Gramercy Theatre
* The Warlocks, The Morning After Girls, The Vandelles @ Bowery Ballroom
* Franz Nicolay & Major General, Doug Gillard, Pearl & The Beard @ Union Pool
* The Walkmen, High Places, Brooklyn Steppers Marching Band @ the Guggenheim
* ArpLine, Drug Rug, Attack Release, Ezra Furman & the Harpoons @ Mercury Lounge
* Woodhands, Project Jenny/Project Jan, Mixel Pixel, Class Actress @ Littlefield
* Rooftop Films w/ Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players @ Automotive High School
* Out of Doors Fest w/ Auktyon & John Medeski, Plastic People of the Universe @ Damrosch Park
* Anavan, Dazzler, Boogie Boarder, Darlings, The Tony Castles, Snakes Say Hiss @ Death By Audio
Free outdoor music tonight includes School of Seven Bells and The xx at South Street Seaport, a Lincoln Center Out of Doors Festival show with Auktyon & John Medeski and Plastic People of the Universe at Damrosch Park, and Morphoses & The Wheeldon Company dancing with music from Martha Wainwright at Central Park Summerstage.
Animal Collective kicks off two nights at Prospect Park Bandshell. Tonight they're with Black Dice and Dam Funk.
Kurt Vile and Blues Control, who played together earlier this summer, visit the Cake Shop with Mad Scene and Hans Chew.
The Walkmen (who also play Sunday with Dinosaur Jr.) inaugurate the "It Came From Brooklyn" series at the Guggenheim Museum with High Places and Brooklyn Steppers Marching Band. Next month's edition features Julian Plenti (aka Paul Banks).
The Waterpod is docked in Brooklyn Bridge Park.
Raccoon Fighter, The Sundelles and Radio America play without The Drums at Glasslands tonight.
"It was 40 years ago Saturday when almost half-a-million people descended on a farm in upstate New York to enjoy a music festival called "Woodstock." But what nobody knew then was the impact it would have on a generation." [CBS]
Hercules & Love Affair come to the Gramercy Theatre for the first of two NYC shows. They play the Music Hall of Williamsburg at tomorrow.
Marduk conduct a meet-and-greet-style night at Duff's. They play a show at Gramercy Theatre one night later.
Emiliana Torrini visits the Highline Ballroom with Anya Marina. Emiliana's video for "Jungle Drum" is below..
The huge tour from The Warlocks and The Morning After Girls comes to the Bowery Ballroom with The Vandelles.
Blind Man's Colour perform at The Cameo with ZAZA and Dinowalrus.
Sidewalk Cafe's Antifolk Festival features The Wowz, Susan Hwang and more.
The new video from Pete Yorn and Scarlett Johansson, "Relator," is posted below...