Posted in music | pictures on September 29, 2009

photos by Ryan Muir

Fever Ray

"I saw Fever Ray tonight in New York. Amazing, powerful show. Those of you who have the freedom should try and get down to Webster Hall Tuesday, September 29th at noon and wait patiently for any tickets released by the venue (technically the show is sold out, but there are always extras)." [Airport Through the Trees]
More pictures from last night's show (9/28), below...

Fever Ray

pixies added a late show at hammerstein

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2009 1:03 PM

The show was awesome, but I couldn't help feeling like I was on the set of Dark Crystal... should have taken mushrooms.....

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2009 1:20 PM

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2009 1:21 PM

This show was AMAZING. My only complain is that I couldn't have a good look of her mask because it was so dark and there was a guy in front of me holding up a stupid camera and blocking the little view I had of her.

Anyways, great, great show. The lasers, the atmosphere, the costumes. Well worth the money. A++++

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2009 1:27 PM

this was an amazing show. karin dreijer <3

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2009 1:27 PM

No encore last night right?

played from 955-1050 I believe...

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2009 1:31 PM

"pixies added a late show at hammerstein"

"how greedy are the pixies? why is this new show even more money than the others?"

Pixies thread started:

Posted by brooklynvegan | September 29, 2009 2:10 PM

I like it very much

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2009 2:30 PM

FEVER RAY killed it, it was like a cult-

I loved every minute of it and the antique lamps were going to the beat was very powerful, I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.

Posted by Marc Taylor | September 29, 2009 2:40 PM

setlist??

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2009 2:47 PM

i was entranced start to finish. so much more than just a concert. incredible.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2009 2:53 PM

Can't wait till tonight! The pics are great. I love the custumes.

Posted by Maciej Lenart | September 29, 2009 3:46 PM

If I Had A Heart
Triangle Walks
Concrete Walls
Seven
Now's the Only Time
Dry and Dusty
I'm Not Done
Keep the Streets Empty
Stranger than Kindness (Nick Cave cover)
When I Grow Up
Here Before (Vasthi Bunyan cover)
Coconut

I may be wrong in the order in the middle, but that was that.

Fucking one of the best shows I've been able to see in my life and I have seen plenty.

Posted by amphibian06 | September 29, 2009 4:16 PM

So nice to see the over hyping idiots out in full force on this one.
Show was good, nothing amazing or life changing. Actually a but too much style over substance. The Knife were much better in all honesty.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2009 4:21 PM

4:16

I don't see how people enjoying it more than you = over hyping idiots?

I think it's so nice to see people enjoying anything, for once...

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2009 4:26 PM

I have no doubt the stage show is exceptional. However, the record, while solid, is not quite the grabber.

I'll wait for Royksopp in November.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2009 4:29 PM

4:26 i think you were referring to me 4:21 and my comment. First of all i never said i did not enjoy it. There is a difference though with being honest about a show and knowing the difference between something truly special and just a good show which was all this was.
The overhyping idiots above calling it one of the best shows ever are the ones who could see her take a shit on stage for 2 hours and would claim it was magical.
The music performance was nothing spectacular last night. Most of the songs sounded like the record.
A great laser light show does not put it over the top

Sorry, but truth over hype

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2009 4:39 PM

Set times?

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2009 5:10 PM

4:39

Go home.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2009 5:12 PM

album is one of the best of the year...it was a grower for me at first, but is so epic on a lot of levels

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2009 5:19 PM

As for "overhype," I disagree. Fever Ray was a change of pace from most shows, and because of that will stay with me - and others - for a long time.

It was a pretty great spectacle, a real workout for the senses. Sounded a bit more forceful and bass heavy than the album, which I love. And screw it, lasers in a dark, smokey room are pretty compelling.

And Karin Dreijer Andersson was really entrancing and creepy. She reminded me of a actress in a Mario Bava horror film.

It made me wish that more bands put more effort into the visuals of their tour. (Of course, that might raise prices, so I'm so sure. And not every band has he vision to pull this off.) If anyone is on the fence now, I'd really recommend tonight's show.

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2009 5:51 PM

Enjoyable but at times felt like it was a concert by laser beams with musical accompaniment by Fever Ray. I'm also not feeling the songs like I did for The Knife, though the Nick Cave cover was really fantastic.

Posted by Rabbi Mars Chen | September 29, 2009 6:06 PM

videos anyone? would like to see the laser show

Posted by Anonymous | September 29, 2009 6:12 PM

i will see her in san fran in less than a week

Posted by san fran | September 29, 2009 11:04 PM

saw 29th show....extremely disappointed that the show was totally obscured by smoke with no front lighting...makes you feel she was lip syncing and didn't want to give it away. Felt cheated.

Posted by ericla | September 30, 2009 12:24 AM

I agree.... Loved music, but would have really loved seeing her face. Felt cheated big time.

Posted by Anonymous | September 30, 2009 1:08 AM

the best show of the year and one of the best shows of my life.

Posted by michael | September 30, 2009 1:51 AM

anyone go to both shows? any difference? how was last night?

Posted by Anonymous | September 30, 2009 10:16 AM

No encore again last night?

Posted by Anonymous | September 30, 2009 10:48 AM

Fever Meh

Posted by Anonymous | September 30, 2009 10:51 AM

It was pretty good, not great. I agree a bit too much style over substance. Could have been louder including her voice. Still was enjoyable anyway. It's really a great album.

Posted by Anonymous | September 30, 2009 2:25 PM

4:39,

FYI, I did see The Knife in 2006 and although they were amazing, Fever Ray stood on her own feet and made a show unlike anything I've personally seen before. I don't know who you are and you might just be very intelligent and have lots of expertise when it comes to live music. However, do you not think it's a bit pathetic that you call me an idiot simply because I enjoyed the show more than you? honestly. It doesn't matter how "true" all of your points are, everything is overshadowed by your unnecessary attitude.

I agree that the sound was a bit off on the bass in some songs, but Karin's presence and the close attention she pays to details on stage were exceptional.

Posted by amphibian | September 30, 2009 2:44 PM

the concert was tight…haunting and intense. sound could have been slightly better balanced, but it is always a challenge to replicate the sound of a really well produced album in a live space. their stage presence was brilliant, yes there was a plethora of effects like their costumes, lasers and smoke, but all contributed to the overall experience, rather than take away from the music. Only complaints was that because of their unique stage show camera’s where out the whole time obscuring people’s views and they could have taken their hypnotic breaks to the next level, but instead left you feeling a bit teased.

Posted by Anonymous | September 30, 2009 4:35 PM

The opening act, Vuk, was absolutely painful. It was reminiscent of the 10 minutes of "crying baby" by Animal Collective's Bowery opener.

Fever Ray was good, though.

Posted by Big Perm | September 30, 2009 5:40 PM