Jay-Z @ Gramercy Theatre on 9.9.09 (more by Brian Ach/WireImage)
The Melvins @ Webster Hall in May (more by Ryan Muir)
tonight in NYC
* Jay-Z @ Madison Square Garden
* Ben & Vesper, Ortolan @ Sycamore
* Pomegranates, Phantogram @ Union Hall
* Gowns, US Girls, Noveller @ Cake Shop
* Shilpa Ray @ Rooftop Films on the LES
* The Cult (performing "Love") @ Terminal 5
* The Rapture, The Golden Filter @ Stone Pony
* All Tomorrow's Parties @ Kutshers Country Club
* Down, Evil Army, Weedeater & The Melvins @ Nokia Theatre
* Wild Beasts, Rifle, The Library Is On Fire @ Union Pool
* Telefon Tel Aviv, Hanne Hukkelberg, The Race @ The Bell House
* Nakatomi Plaza, The Reveling, The New Dress, Avec @ Shea Stadium
* Super Furry Animals, Real Estate, The March Fourth @ Highline Ballroom
* Wordless Music w/ Tim Hecker, Grouper, Julianna Barwick @ Miller Theatre
* Glenn Branca Ensemble, Paranoid Critical Revolution @ (Le) Poisson Rouge
* The Spits, Woven Bones, The Heart Punchers, Cerebral Ballzy @ Knitting Factory
* The Intelligence, Golden Triangle, Wild Yaks, Arrington De Dionyso, Smarts @ Market Hotel
* A Place to Bury Strangers, Sian Alice Group, Nine 11 Thesaurus, Experimental Dental School, Reading Rainbow @ Death By Audio
All Tomorrow's Parties kicks off at Kutshers Country Club in Monticello, NY. WFMU will be broadcasting live from the fest Saturday and Sunday. Many of the bands playing tonight will be performing an entire classic album live.
The Cult aren't playing ATP, but they're also performing a full album live in NY tonight.
Fucked Up aren't playing tonight, but they're also performing a full album in NY, and tickets went on sale today.
Super Furry Animals warm up for ATP with a show at Highline Ballroom tonight (and Maxwell's tomorrow). This one is opened by local boys Real Estate and The March Fourth.
Real Estate also have a show scheduled for Saturday at Silent Barn with Desolation Wilderness.
Melvins play ATP on Saturday. Tonight they're at Nokia Theatre with Weedeater who played a semi-secret gig at The Charleston last night.
Jay-Z plays a sold-out 9/11 benefit at Madison Square Garden. If you can't be there, you can watch it commercial free and live on Fuse (9pm). Two nights ago Jay-Z played a much smaller show at Gramercy Theatre.
Telefon Tel Aviv is back on the road. Tonight they play The Bell House with Hanne Hukkelberg and The Race. Tomorrow they're at Mercury Lounge.
Wild Beasts play the last of three NYC shows tonight at Union Pool with Rifle and The Library Is On Fire. Last chance!
Noveller, who is at Cake Shop tonight, has been announced as one of the openers for The Jesus Lizard's upcoming NYC shows. Jesus Lizard play ATP NY tonight.
Nakatomi Plaza is playing two final farewell shows this weekend at Shea Stadium which is the venue These Arms Are Snakes just announced an upcoming show at.
Wordless Music's series of shows at Columbia's Miller Theatre continues with Tim Hecker, Grouper and Julianna Barwick.
Austin band Woven Bones' big tour stops at Knitting Factory Brooklyn. Also on the bill are The Spits, The Heart Punchers and Cerebral Ballzy. Woven Bones and The Spits also play Cake Shop on Saturday.
Knitting Factory is now on its third day as a music venue in Brooklyn. Les Savy Fav was the first band to play on Wednesday. Boss Hog (who also plays ATP this weekend) and Shilpa Ray was last night.
Shilpa Ray plays a probably-moved-indoors Rooftop Films show at 350 Grand Street @ Essex tonight (which is followed by an afterparty at Fontana's)
The Intelligence is in from Seattle to play Market Hotel with Golden Triangle, Wild Yaks, Arrington De Dionyso and Smarts. The Intelligence are also at Cake Shop on Sunday.
A Place to Bury Strangers, Sian Alice Group, Nine 11 Thesaurus, Experimental Dental School and Reading Rainbow are on the bill for the second night of The Maze at Death By Audio.
Good thing Glasvegas frontman James Allan was found, and good thing it was in NY because he and his band are set to open for Kings of Leon, not to be confused with Kings of Convenience, at the Izod Center on Saturday and again at Nassau Coliseum on Monday.
Glenn Branca Ensemble play with Paranoid Critical Revolution at (Le) Poisson Rouge. Tomorrow Branca talks with artist Dan Graham. Glenn played PS1 last Saturday.
If it stops raining, PS1 is again an option for this Saturday.
A new episode of Breakfast at Sulimay's below...
Move over Grizzly Bear... Sunset Rubdown also has a new video out! That is below...