« Lucha VaVOOM is Mexican Masked Wrestling + Burlesque + Comedy. Sunday night it's @ Webster Hall (win tix) | Ken Burns' National Parks party in Central Park Wednesday - free show w/ Alison Krauss, Counting Crows & more »
Frank Black (w/ Grand Duchy) @ Siren Fest in July (more by Tim Griffin)
tonight in NYC
* Lucha VaVOOM @ Webster Hall
* Eugene Mirman Comedy Fest
* Allen Toussaint @ Joe's Pub
* The Dumps, Flaming Tusk, Descender @ Cake Shop
* Dead Stars, A Lull, The Tales & more @ Public Assembly
* Little Joy, Sean Walsh & The National Reserve @ Maxwell's
* Freelance Whales, Modern Medical Miracle, Austin Thomas @ The Cameo
* Ty Segall, Golden Triangle, The Mantles, DJ Thanksgiving Brown @ Mercury Lounge
* Vaz, Clan of the Cave Bear, Necking, Baby Birds Don't Drink Milk @ Death By Audio
* Thursday, Fall of Troy, Young Widows, Moving Mountains, Kiss Kiss @ Bowery
* Ciao My Shining Star: The Songs of Mark Mulcahy w/ Frank Black, David Berkley, Autumn Defense, more @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
Rain Machine aka Kyp Malone plays the Bell House on Monday.
Ciao My Shining Star: The Songs of Mark Mulcahy at Music Hall of Williamsburg tonight will feature sets by Frank Black, David Berkley, Chris Harford & Ray Neal, Butterflies of Love, The Parkway Charlies, Winterpills and The Late B.P. Helium (from Of Montreal) plus "a Premiere of the Thom Yorke video 'All For The Best' and readings by graphic novelist Ben Katchor." That's just one of a few Pixies-related events coming up (not the least of which are actual Pixies shows). Joseph Arthur was originally on the MHOW bill, but he's not listed anymore.
Little Joy play, with Sean Walsh & The National Reserve, at Maxwell's tonight. On Oct 2nd, they headline Webster Hall.
Ty Segall, Golden Triangle and The Mantles play Mercury Lounge.
Last time they were in town, Thursday (the band) played Terminal 5 and Nokia Theatre. Tonight they're at the much smaller Bowery Ballroom with tourmates Fall of Troy and openers Young Widows, Moving Mountains and Kiss Kiss.
Fanfarlo gets here Monday.
Colin Meloy wrote a song on the spot last night at the Decemberists show at Terminal 5. Video below...