Posted in To Do | music on October 12, 2009

Built to Spill

Oct 12 @ Webster Hall
Oct 13 @ Webster Hall
Oct 14 @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
Oct 15 @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
Tickets are still available to all, but one of the Music Hall shows. Disco Doom and Violent Soho open all four shows. Doug Martsch will be DJing after Built to Spill play on both of the Music Hall nights.

Recent live videos below...

30 dollars (before ticketmaster) is far too much money. I love Built to Spill, but thats ridiculous.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2009 3:25 PM

Is live music like Beer/Alcohol?
When things are bad people will spend anything to escape reality?
I know I do.

BTS= so underrated

Posted by TXn | October 12, 2009 3:40 PM

"Doug Martsch will be DJing after Built to Spill play on both of the Music Hall nights.."

Ummm, is this a reason to hang around after they play?!?

Don't think so.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2009 3:59 PM

"Bummer on price...luckily some of the shows have Lou and Dino, Jr. playing as well. Makes the $33 not hurt so bad."

not in new york, sadly. but anyone who's seen bts before ought to know that they're worth the money.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2009 4:00 PM

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2009 4:08 PM

BTS are definitely worth the money... but I'm pretty broke this week. Oh well.. saw them at Maxwell's a couple months ago. And both of the BTS/Dino/MP shows last year. I guess I can skip these... even though it pains me to do so.

Posted by wembley | October 12, 2009 4:59 PM

"the shows last year with Dinosaur Jr and Meat Puppets were so amazing. can't wait for the shows this week even though the openers aren't as impressive..."

As I recall, everyone was complaining that the show was at Terminal 5. Now complaining about the openers? Haven't you learned by now that you can't always get everything you want?

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2009 5:00 PM

I shelled out for the Tuesday show, though it is annoying how expensive the tickets are. I sincerely wish I could see DinoJr with them again, but what can you do. I'm going to need a sick setlist Tuesday, or I will be a bit annoyed. I don't doubt that it will be a great show, as they almost always are.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2009 5:16 PM

How was the show last night? I'm going tonight and can't wait...setlists and/or set times anyone?

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2009 6:44 AM

BTS at 10 until almost 12
I'm listening to the show now, and hopefully there will be a link here later today.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2009 8:28 AM

found this posted on the BTS forum...

Webster Hall - 10/12/09 9:45pm Jam In Your Mind In The Morning The Plan > When Not Being Stupid (glad the segued this again!!!) Done (I asked for "something new," and they played this) Sidewalk Reasons Wherever You Go Car Life's A Dream (my friend asked for "something new," and they played this) Joyride Carry The Zero 10:52pm 10:55pm Hindsight (with short jam) Stop The Show (short version) Conventional Wisdom (11 minutes) 11:18pm

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2009 9:15 AM

have an extra for tonight, selling below face...

amidream at yahoo dot com

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2009 9:16 AM

they went on at 9.50. we know b/c we got there at 10 and they were already playing. was a very quiet show although stop the show and conventional wisdom were great. also the jam out of Done was killer. excited for tonight - looking for it to rock harder.

Posted by Anonymous | October 13, 2009 11:00 AM

I love your site and the article is useful!

Posted by lv | October 18, 2009 8:41 AM