Posted in MP3 | metal | music on October 2, 2009

by Black Bubblegum

DOWNLOAD: Gaza - "Widowless House" (MP3)

Gaza (photo by Amelia Primé)
Gaza

Gaza do not hail from that contested strip in the Middle East, but much like its indigenous people, they are waging a holy war... AGAINST religion. It's a long hard campaign, especially in Utah (the band's home) where the population skews 78% Christian, but Gaza began the fight in 2004 with the East EP, followed by 2006's criminally underrated I Don't Care Where I Go When I Die. Combining Botch-y math, grindcore, Holy Terror aesthetics, and even a little Portal-like darkness, it's hard to argue that this band is fucking EVIL.

Now comes word that Gaza is on the verge of unleashing He Is Never Coming Back, a NEW LP for Black Market Activities (Guy from The Red Chord's label). Due on 11/10, the LP was produced by Andy Patterson (Bluetip, Shelter, State Of The Nation) and features 14 tracks, one of which is the gnashing, antisocial beast "Windowless House" which is available for download above. It's a must.

So far Gaza has only a pair of dates on their calendar, joining up with Baroness and Earthless in Denver and SLC (dates below). Watch out for these guys when they come to your town, not only at the nearest stage but lurking around a dimly lit corner with a rusty knife in hand.

Speaking of Portal, we recently debuted a new track from the band in The Week In Metal.

Look out for my interview with Dave Witte coming TODAY, just in time for the BV and 1000 Knives Presents Burnt By The Sun show at Cake Shop!

Cake Shop isn't the only BV sponsored heavy show this weekend either... make sure and get out to Woe / Aluk Todolo / Malkuth / Castevet at Union Pool on SUNDAY (10/4). You can win tickets!

Full tour dates, the album tracklisting, and videos of their incendiary performance at Dudefest 2009 (where a pit started on stage) are available below...

Gaza - "Cristle" @ Dudefest 2009

GAZA - 2009 TOUR DATES
Nov 29 2009 Bluebird Theater w/ Baroness and Earthless Denver, Colorado
Nov 30 2009 Club Vegas w/ Baroness and Earthless Salt Lake City, Utah

Gaza - He Is Never Coming Back Tracklisting:
1 How It Is. How It's Going To Be.
2 The Kicking Legs
3 Bishop
4 The Biologist
5 Windowless House
6 He Is Never Coming Back
7 Canine Disposal Unit
8 The Anthropologist
9 The Meat Of A Leg Joint
10 The Astronomer
11 Tombless
12 The Historian
13 Carnivore

Tags: Gaza

what the hell?! this is the most tasteless hipster band name ive seen in a long long while

Posted by Anonymous | October 2, 2009 12:22 PM

Posted by Steve | October 2, 2009 12:42 PM

anyone who can't get past a band name doesn't deserve the rock and should return to their regular hobby of burning books... for those who are ready, WOW this track is a fkn monster

Posted by Anonymous | October 2, 2009 12:53 PM

I agree, the AIPAC might think that gaza is tasteless and hipster. They have thought that for a long long while.

Posted by Anonymous | October 2, 2009 1:01 PM

I think that was supposed to say "78% Mormon" not "78% Christian."

Posted by Anonymous | October 2, 2009 4:44 PM

Same shit. They're all crazy. 78% nuts is what it should have said.

Posted by Anonymous | October 2, 2009 5:04 PM

There is no way Gaza can be called a hipster band.
Scene Kids couldn't handle it, it would blow their red, piss stained, skinny-fit pants off!

Gaza kick so much f**king Ass!
and that new songs pretty good too.

Posted by Kiss Of Sasquatch | October 2, 2009 7:43 PM

jon is tall

where is luke?

Posted by Anonymous | October 3, 2009 12:22 AM

i heard they're going to be touring w/ Beirut and Iran for the Terrorism Tour 2009.

Posted by Anonymous | October 4, 2009 11:18 AM

Gaza is underrated

Posted by Andrew | October 4, 2009 9:47 PM

I love these guys, i have supported them since the first time i heard them in 2006. Not going to lie though i am very well..disappointed with what i have heard so far from this track. I think it would be sweet live, just as their "debut" track total lack luster. I'm looking forward to hearing and BUYING the rest of the album. Love you guys.

Posted by Maxxwell | October 4, 2009 11:28 PM

Gaza's music is some of the best bands I have ever heard. I dont like a lot of metal, only about 10 -15% of what I hear is even good. GAZA to me is as good as TOOL, RADIOHEAD, Or LED ZEP. I have said that for 2 years. They are very underrated. Buy all there albums and some of there cloths. Support great music, please.

Posted by albert ruiz | October 5, 2009 10:50 AM

Notice that the Chinese know how to do a stimulus package, while no one in power seems to know how to do a stimulus package here in the US.

Posted by louis | October 17, 2009 10:25 AM

@Steve

"Jon told me that the name was chosen because the demonstrative example of what relegion has done to the region. Something about it always having been a war zone and always having to do with who's side god is on."

That's cute, but it's also a huge misunderstanding of the history of the region and its population.

But it sounds like the band is good enough to make up for that; I'm downloading the free tune now...

Posted by SG | October 19, 2009 1:34 PM