Posted in music | tour dates on October 10, 2009

Hope Sandoval @ Hollywood Forever Cemetery - September 29 (by Luz Gallardo)
Hope Sandoval

"There was no photography allowed in the venue when Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions, the band featuring the revered Mazzy Star vocalist and My Bloody Valentine's Colm Ó Cíosóig, played Hollywood Forever [on September 29th] in a concert marking the release of its latest album Through the Devil Softly. Absolutely none. This rule was stated no fewer than six times on printouts that lined the entrance and parlor room. Perhaps that was for the best. The glare of camera flashes and cell phones pointed toward the stage might have ruined the carefully crafted ambience of the gathering.

With its stone facade, a courtyard lined with twinkling palm trees and mosaic floors, the venue looked like a cross between an Old Hollywood apartment building and a mausoleum. This was seemingly appropriate, as there are probably more than a few people who did time in art deco structures off of Vine or Gower or Franklin who now spend eternity interred in this famed cemetery." [LA Weekly]

The above-described show happened only a couple days after Bon Iver's graveyard show in the same exact location, but got almost no attention (compared to the Bon Iver show anyway). That's partially due to the no-photography thing I guess, but still sad (I wish I planned a vacation around going to both).

Anyway, Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions' new album is out now on Nettwerk who also re-released 2001's Bavarian Fruit Bread. Buy it so that Hope knows people care and she keeps making music (though she has already admitted plans for more Mazzy Star).

Her long-awaited return to NYC kicks off with a show at Music Hall of Williamsburg tonight (10/10). It's sold out, but Monday's show at Bowery Ballroom isn't (UPDATE: also sold out).

Dirt Blue Gene is an Irish shoegaze band that is on tour with Hope, and shares members with her band. Some recent live videos, the setlist from San Francisco, and all dates below...

San Francisco, CA ... September 26, 2009... The Fillmore
Hollywood Forever

Hope Sandoval - "Suzanne" - live in Chicago

Hope Sandoval - the Fillmore - San Francisco - September 26, 2009

"Blanchard" -Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions at The Crocodile, Seattle, WA, September 23, 2009

Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions -- 2009 Tour Dates
Oct 10 - Brooklyn The Music Hall Of Williamsburg
Oct 12 - New York The Bowery Ballroom
Oct 13 - Philadelphia First Unitarian Church
Oct 14 - Washington Sixth & I Historic Synagogue
Oct 16 - Atlanta The Loft
Oct 18 - Austin Texas Union Theater
Oct 19 - Dallas Sons of Hermann Hall
Oct 22 - Los Angeles The Mayan Theatre

hope we see some official dvd releases of these shows from both bon iver & hope sandoval

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2009 1:49 PM

bowery show is sold out now.

Posted by Anonymous | October 10, 2009 3:05 PM

no boston show? cunt

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2009 8:08 AM

I guess she hates the Red Sox too!

Let's hope the Yanks clinch it today...

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2009 10:32 AM

Does anyone know what time she went on last night? danke.

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2009 4:03 PM

"Does anyone know what time she went on last night? danke."

around 10:25 after about 25 minutes of intro music that made you think she was coming on any second the whole time.

Posted by brooklynvegan | October 11, 2009 4:42 PM

Posted by Anonymous | October 11, 2009 11:03 PM

Colm Ó Cíosóig, Hope Sandoval. If you've got names like that, you are destined to be super awesome.

Posted by Anonymous | October 12, 2009 8:15 AM

I hate guns If no guns of everyone,the world maybe well.

Posted by louis | October 17, 2009 10:21 AM

Well said, such a person should be a good sentence, or the future will be more rampant.

Posted by lv | October 18, 2009 5:45 AM

I hate guns If no guns of everyone,the world maybe well.

Posted by super mario | January 31, 2010 4:42 PM

Does anyone know what time she went on last night? danke.

Posted by jeux gratuit | January 31, 2010 4:43 PM

I guess she hates the Red Sox too!

Let's hope the Yanks clinch it today...

Posted by ben 10 | May 20, 2010 9:19 AM

Does anyone know what time she went on last night?

Posted by planet wallpaper | June 20, 2010 2:10 PM

I guess she hates the Red Sox too!

Let's hope the Yanks clinch it today.

Posted by free 3d wallpaper | June 20, 2010 2:13 PM

I hate guns If no guns of everyone,the world maybe well

Posted by free 3d games | July 10, 2010 9:38 AM

I hate guns If no guns of everyone,the world maybe well

Posted by chat maroc | July 17, 2010 7:34 AM

Does anyone know what time she went on last night? danke.

Posted by Anonymous | July 17, 2010 9:19 AM

Does anyone know what time she went on last night? danke.

Posted by دردشة مكتوب | September 21, 2010 1:32 PM

"Does anyone know what time she went on last night? danke."

Posted by play super mario games | October 10, 2010 5:31 AM

Does anyone know what time she went on last night? danke..

Posted by free games 3d | October 17, 2010 5:37 AM

Posted by freegames3d | November 3, 2010 6:52 AM

Haven't had the chance to see her live yet, but always been a fan of Mazzy Star and her music.

Posted by JohnR | November 18, 2010 10:39 AM

Posted by HH Gregg | January 5, 2011 2:22 PM

I cant wait to see her live again, awesome show!

Posted by kettlebell dvd | February 14, 2011 4:26 PM

Islam is a religion of peace

Posted by منتديات | February 24, 2011 5:48 AM

Seen her in Chicago. It was truly amazing. Really happy I went. She played not one Mazzy Star song which didn't bother me at all. New record's great. Maybe we'll get a Mazzy Star reunion in a few years? .Love Hope & her music. I've seen her live once before & even without it being at a graveyard, the lack of photography and stillness at the venue definitely makes her music haunting. Her concerts always make an impression- and her music will stay on your mind long after.

Posted by Play barbie games | April 19, 2011 6:14 PM

Posted by freegamesgirls | May 8, 2011 2:53 PM

Posted by cn arabia | September 14, 2012 4:47 PM

I hate guns If no guns of everyone,the world maybe well.

Posted by jeux gratuit | September 16, 2012 10:25 PM

Posted by freegamesgirls | September 16, 2012 11:14 PM

"Does anyone know what time she went on last night? danke."
think you for this site

Posted by cn arabia | January 7, 2013 9:32 PM

da fuk with dis comments @!

Posted by Anonymous | November 21, 2013 10:27 PM

bowery show is sold out now. danke

Posted by creux crois tres | November 21, 2013 10:39 PM