Posted in metal | music | tour dates on November 16, 2009

by BBG

Slayer, and their promo photo is in a church! Get it?
Slayer

The campaign towards a World Painted Blood has begun, and the invasion starts in the US where Slayer will team up with Megadeth and Testament. Dudes in 1991 are stoked! Hmm... actually:

Megadeth and Slayer will join forces to co-headline "American Carnage"... the first time that... [they] will have toured the U.S. together since 1991's epic "Clash of the Titans" tour. To celebrate that, and in recognition of the tough economic times that many of their fans are having, Megadeth and Slayer have decided to roll back the price of a chunk of tickets at every U.S. show to the "1991 price" of $10.00. These specially-priced tickets will be limited and when they're gone, they're gone.
$10 tickets, very cool... hopefully there is a substantial amount available. The tour includes February 11, 2010 at The Izod Center in East Rutherford, NJ; look for tickets to appear on Ticketmaster at some point. Slayer's new LP World Painted Blood is their second LP since reuniting the original lineup of Araya-King-Hanneman-Lombardo. If you were a fan of Christ Illusion (I definitely was), pick it up.

All tour dates and a video on the making of World Painted Blood, as well as a few classic Slayer vids are below...

Slayer - Making of World Painted Blood

Slayer - "Seasons In The Abyss"

Slayer - "War Ensemble"

February 19, 2010 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
February 20, 2010 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
February 22, 2010 Moncton, NB Moncton Coliseum
February 23, 2010 Halifax, NS Metro Centre

Dave MEHstane

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2009 3:58 PM

I'll watch Slayer and Testament, Megadeth is gonna be my piss break.

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2009 4:04 PM

Wow. That is a classic combo, for sure. I used to love Testament...when I was 14. Not sure I can pull this one off as a 34 year old, lol.

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2009 4:19 PM

MEHgadeth and TestaMEHnt. Nice picks for touring mates Slayer.

Posted by Hank | November 16, 2009 4:19 PM

With all the hipster backlash to metal, I sometimes wonder why it's a genre so oft-posted on this site...

So basically, for your creeps to like a metal band, only six people in some Greenpoint sewer are allowed to have hear of them?

If Slayer can't tour with the contemporaries, who the hell can they tour with?

MEHtherfuckin assholes...

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2009 4:48 PM

Guess they aren't making it to NY this time around?

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2009 4:48 PM

Hope there's an nyc date, but where do they play?

The tour is being booked with hockey/basketball arenas in mind... can't see this going to MSG. Maybe they scale down the production and throw it @ Hammerstein or Roseland(fine by me), but I think that's unlikely.

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2009 4:55 PM

can not wait.

anyone born in the 80's no more comments please, thanks.

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2009 5:27 PM

It would be cool if it came to MSG but would most likely be Hammerstein if they scaled it down like it was said. Megadeth played there last tour and I want to say it sold out.

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2009 6:02 PM

I saw Testament on The New Order tour. Fucking amazing.
The New Order and Practice What you Preach are 2 of the best metal albums EVER!!

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2009 6:45 PM

Was there confirmation on High On Fire being on the bill?

Posted by TXn | November 16, 2009 6:56 PM

I'm 38 and saw Testament 3 times in the 80s. I just don't feel they're 90s and 2000s output is very good despite the praise of the last few LPs. Peace Sells aside I've never liked Megadeth. That said at least they're not touring with Slipknot. High On Fire would be a great choice for the tour though.

Posted by Hank | November 16, 2009 8:04 PM

^-------agreed. Peace Sells was a great album. Everything else Megadeth did was crap.

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2009 8:33 PM

You didn't like so far, so good, so what at all? Perhaps my memory of it is clouded by the anarchy in the uk cover, which I used to love. Don't really remember the rest of it, honestly.

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2009 10:19 PM

If Joey Belladonna joined back up with Antrax and they were added to this bill, it would be complete.

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2009 10:33 PM

This could easily be at MSG, but of course many years ago Slayer fans trashed the Felt Forum, now WaMu. But...the Clash of the Titans tour did come to MSG with Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth and Alice in Chains.

For the last several years Slayer plays these arena shows first and then comes back to headline in 6 months at smaller venues like Hammerstein.

It sucks that it is only in Jersey though.

Posted by Anonymous | November 17, 2009 12:08 AM

If Slayer can't tour with the contemporaries, who the hell can they tour with?

MEHtherfuckin assholes...

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2009 4:48 PM

How about Unsane and Today Is the Day?

Now crawl back in your Jersey sewer.

Posted by Anonymous | November 17, 2009 6:32 AM

Hate to break it to you, but Today is the Day and Unsane ain't exactly cutting edge either.... at least not in this decade. In fact, while not being thrash peers by any means, they're close to being contemporaries of Slayer..

My point really was this: A few years back Slayer took out Lamb of God, Mastodon & Children of Bodom. Say what you want about those bands, but at the time they were all burgeoning metal bands of this decade who benefited from the being brough out, and Slayer got bashed to shit for not touring with older acts. Now they put together a classic package, and the same fans aren't happy...

I'd love to see Slayer headline a bill with some ridiculous black metal... Marduk, Immortal, Ephel Duath etc. but it ain't gonna happen. In order to come close to filling a hockey arena, they need to put together a package a wide array of fans are gonna dig.... and this tour and the one in 06 meet those goals.

By the way, I live in Greenpoint, just commenting on the so called "scene" here
Re:

If Slayer can't tour with the contemporaries, who the hell can they tour with?

MEHtherfuckin assholes...

Posted by Anonymous | November 17, 2009 10:12 AM

Posted by omar contreras | November 17, 2009 2:43 PM

Anon 10:33pm. I recently heard a rumor that Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax would be playomg shows together next year. With Anthrax on a bill , I would attend.

Posted by Anonymous | November 17, 2009 2:52 PM

"anyone born in the 80's no more comments please, thanks."

What about someone born in the 90's?

Posted by ..... | November 17, 2009 6:52 PM

Does anyone have the presale password?

Posted by Anonymous | November 17, 2009 9:12 PM

password is carnage if you couldn't figure it out

Posted by Anonymous | November 18, 2009 1:23 PM

I was born in the 70s so fu*k you.

Posted by Ken | November 19, 2009 12:28 PM

Megadeath sucks!

Posted by Anonymous | November 19, 2009 12:46 PM

just got my tickets for 2/11 at Izod center. Section 127 row 4. I cant freakin wait for this.

@anon - I recently heard a rumor that Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax would be playomg shows together next year. With Anthrax on a bill , I would attend.

Not gonna happen cause Metallica are a bunch of sellout douche bags and Anthrax sucks without Joey.

Posted by Ken | November 19, 2009 1:27 PM

@ - FINALLY!!!! slayer an megadeth come to el paso.... im so exited i really want to cry :)

You want to cry over Slayer? Dude that is sooooo PUS*SY... you dont deserve to go. lol

You should have said something like

slayer an megadeth come to el paso.... im so exited i really want to fuc*kin smash shi*t and start riots!!! WOOOOO! :)

Posted by Ken | November 19, 2009 3:26 PM

dude megadeth slayer and testament are my favorites i will be at tsongus in lowell for sure

Slayer can play with whoever they want they are slayer dont question it they are thrash god and millionares they know what they are doing

Posted by Anonymous | November 20, 2009 9:35 AM

If you can't respect dave suck off loser

Posted by Anonymous | November 23, 2009 10:49 PM

I know this is a bit off topic but where can I get tickets. Chances are that the at the door are gonna be wiped from existance within the first twelve seconds.

Posted by faust | November 27, 2009 1:43 PM

@ ..... "anyone born in the 80's no more comments please, thanks."

- I was born in the 70's and proud not to have a MySpace... go FaceFuuk yourself kid.

---------------------------------------

@ KEN "you dont deserve to go"

- Ken, there is this thing that people have made up called Anger Management. Try it before you go to the show and ruin it by being 'THAT A$$HOLE.'

Posted by TXn | November 30, 2009 11:56 AM

I wish some good bands would come to Pittsburgh.

Posted by Anonymous | December 2, 2009 3:37 PM

megadeth rocks!!! they r platin in NY btw.... i got the tickets to see these bands febuary 12 in glens falls NY... idk y its not on the list but i've already got the tickets so im pretty sur they are goin there... so..... rock on \m/

Posted by bob | December 28, 2009 10:03 PM

For 10 dollars who cares,thats the same price of 2 beers or less at most venues.I think it is a good idea with the economy and all. It will be fun and lots of people will show up at that price.
Megadeath,Slayer and Testament are all basically from the same time era. They have all toured with each other at different times before.Why would it be a problem to see all of them at the same show.
Heck I even seen Snoop Dog at a Korn show! How wicked is that!
You know you have made it when are a rapper and can open up for a metal band!

Posted by m72 | January 4, 2010 9:49 AM

Awesome, are they gonna be playing in the UK at all?

Posted by Bryan | January 8, 2010 4:45 AM

I keep hearing about a $10 show but when I lok up my local venue it says $65. Is it just cause Sacramento sucks or is that price only certain venues?

Posted by tom | February 9, 2010 9:39 PM

Slayer has been around for decades and they are touring with some of the biggest names from when Slayer was in their prime. How can anyone have anything to say about this lineup? It is one of the best metal lineups you could ask for. Testament and Megadeth, and obviously Slayer, was at the top back in the day. I don't know if you could ask for any better standouts of this genre to tour together. It sure is a lot better than snoop dogg and Marilyn Manson, hello!

Posted by jason W | July 12, 2010 3:38 PM

SLayer is the GREATEST METAL BAND OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by wacom accessories | July 12, 2010 3:42 PM

This concert was the best I have ever scene...what a line up, this was awesome, couldn't hope for a better concert.

Posted by BOYD | August 25, 2010 1:47 AM