Posted in music | tour dates on November 24, 2009

Titus Andronicus @ Brooklyn Masonic Temple on 11/5 (more by Jake Forney)
Titus Andronicus

Add another one to the growing New Year's Eve event list - Titus Andronicus are playing a 1:30am NYE show (technically New Years Day) at the Mercury Lounge. Tickets go on sale Friday, November 27th at noon.

The venue boldly announces "Mercury Lounge will stay open all night so don't let your evening end early!" Earlier in the night the Mercury Lounge will host The Detroit Cobras and The A-Bones.

Coming up, Titus play a pair of collegiate events - December 1st at The College of New Jersey in Ewing, NJ and December 2nd at NYU's Kimmel Center (with the Beets). They open for Ted Leo in Massachusetts, but not for his NYC date at Bowery (opened by JEFF the Brotherhood and Stupid Party).

All upcoming shows and videos from Titus's last NYC show, opening for Fucked Up at the Masonic Temple, are below...

Titus Andronicus @ Brooklyn Masonic Temple (#1)

Titus Andronicus @ Brooklyn Masonic Temple (#2)

Titus Andronicus @ Brooklyn Masonic Temple (#3)

Titus Andronicus covering Weezer Cmj '09

Titus Andronicus - 2009/10 Tour Dates
Dec 01 The College of New Jersey Ewing, NJ
Dec 02 NYU New York, New York, NY #
Dec 04 Cumnock Hall @ U Mass Lowell Lowell, MA !
Dec 05 The Middle East Downstairs Cambridge, MA !
Jan 01 Mercury Lounge New York, NY
# w/ The Beets
! w/ Ted Leo and The Pharmacists

Posted by Anonymous | November 24, 2009 8:29 PM

will vice staff be invited?

Posted by Anonymous | November 24, 2009 8:29 PM

I can't wait for their new album. Ps first commenter is probably a member of the vice staff or the security staff from Halloween.

Posted by Anonymous | November 24, 2009 8:40 PM

gonna do tons of coke and take all sort of pics for my flickr site at the NYE show!

Posted by Anonymous | November 24, 2009 8:42 PM

ok, enough with this douchebag and his fucking eagle shirt

Posted by Anonymous | November 24, 2009 8:43 PM

they are a good rock n' roll band with ironic shirts and beards!

Posted by Anonymous | November 24, 2009 8:53 PM

"Fuck this band....bunch of cheap hipsters. They played for me last year, nobody paid to see them and they gave me a 50 person guestlist. HA! Last time ill ever book them."

sounds like they care more about playing music for people than lining your pockets. yea, that sucks. bunch of assholes.

Posted by Anonymous | November 24, 2009 9:24 PM

i hope they die a horrible death in a fiery plane crash!!!!

Posted by Anonymous | November 24, 2009 9:48 PM

the show on december 2nd has algernon cadwallader opening in addition to the beets. its going to be awesome.

Posted by lauren | November 24, 2009 9:49 PM

so so glos is playing TCNJ as well

Posted by Anonymous | November 24, 2009 10:34 PM

I booked Titus at my college twice last year, and they were absurdly awesome both times, both on and off the stage. They were the least demanding, most down to earth people I dealt with all year.

The second show they opened for a band (that shall go nameless) that made my life hell. The guys in Titus stood up for me and in general made my life way easier. I'd book them every night if I could.

Posted by Charles | November 24, 2009 11:06 PM

"The second show they opened for a band (that shall go nameless)"

Panic! At The Disco

Posted by Anonymous | November 25, 2009 12:19 AM

Details for the TCNJ gig? Is it open to the public? Time? Drugs avail?

Posted by Anonymous | November 25, 2009 12:22 AM

Posted by Anonymous | November 25, 2009 10:07 AM

fucking douchbag hipsters making shitty music

Posted by Anonymous | November 25, 2009 10:14 AM

"The second show they opened for a band (that shall go nameless)"

Los Campesinos!

Posted by Anonymous | November 25, 2009 10:27 AM

"The second show they opened for a band (that shall go nameless)"
Dan Deacon!

Posted by Anonymous | November 25, 2009 10:29 AM

"The second show they opened for a band (that shall go nameless)"

Jeremy Jay!

Posted by Anonymous | November 25, 2009 11:01 AM

why does every fucking band have to play nyu and not fordham? fuck that shit!

Posted by Anonymous | November 25, 2009 12:10 PM

at least the nyu show is open to the public.

Posted by Anonymous | November 25, 2009 12:32 PM

U2 played at Fordham

Posted by Anonymous | November 25, 2009 1:01 PM

I saw Mount Eerie/Thanksgiving play a coffee shop at Fordham a few years ago and it was sick as hell.

Posted by Anonymous | November 25, 2009 1:53 PM

its LC only other band they toured opened for on tour was Lucero and they dont play many college shows. Garden State punk baby, keeping it real.

Posted by Anonymous | November 25, 2009 3:47 PM

vice security is still looking for these guys.

Posted by Anonymous | November 25, 2009 5:03 PM

But Los Campesinos! seem like polite kids!

Posted by Anonymous | November 25, 2009 10:41 PM

tcnj is open to the public
drinks served
free show

Posted by Anonymous | November 27, 2009 11:04 PM

"Is this place like the Terrace Club in Princeton - those elitist fucks would not let non-students into shows"

Has nothing to do with exclusivity, its just a security thing. terrace has gotten into trouble because of non-students before.

Posted by Anonymous | November 28, 2009 3:19 AM

Okay, I know it is lame to comment on a post about my own band, but I heard about this prick running his mouth and I was loathe to ignore it.

If this is who I think it was, then he's talking about the show we played last New Year's Eve at Public Assembly. My research has reminded me that this was through some sort of organization called or event or something called MEANYFEST USA.

This show sucked not because of anything we did, but because nobody wants to pay $30 to watch us and Semi-Precious Weapons and some other band now lost to the sands of time. Thirty dollars, really? No shit we didn't go out of our way to promote this show - it wasn't worth it! To say nothing of the $70 "VIP" tickets.

Yeah, the show was a dud. Clearly, the promoters lost a lot of money. They saw this as a good reason to pay us less than a third of the money that we were promised, and used some petty nonsense about us playing some Weezer covers later that night at Death by Audio as an excuse. When we tried to get the rest of the money, he threatened to sue us! All because these dummies didn't know how to throw a party.

Also, fifty person guest list? I just found the e-mail where we gave them our ten person guest list.

Last time you book us? No fucking problem! If indeed that is who I am thinking about. My further interent research reminds me this prick was a dude named Matt. Hey Matt! If this is you, next time you have something to say, say it to my face, tough guy! That's my e-mail right up there.

If this anon commentor isn't this Matt I am thinking of, well, fuck you too, buddy. We may be a shitty band, as has been said time and again on this board, and we may deserve to die in a plane crash for that, but we're pretty good geezers in our behavior.

Posted by Patrick | November 28, 2009 4:00 PM

TITUS FOR THE WIN!
GLO YORK!

Posted by Anonymous | December 1, 2009 1:30 AM

so so glos + titus at college of jersey tonite

Posted by Anonymous | December 1, 2009 4:06 PM

so excited for the NYU show.

Posted by Anonymous | December 1, 2009 10:44 PM

Patrick Stickles always wins!

Posted by Anonymous | December 2, 2009 10:14 PM

Posted by uggs outlet | December 3, 2009 1:54 AM

Looks like So So Glos will be opening NYE. I got my ticket! Anyone have any word on the new Titus Album? At a show a while back they said they were working on it...

Posted by Anonymous | December 9, 2009 8:30 PM