Posted in music | tour dates on November 13, 2009

DOWNLOAD: Violent Soho - Son of Sam (MP3)

Violent Soho
Violent Soho

Ecstatic Peace-signed Australian band Violent Soho, who you may have just caught with Built To Spill, are opening for The Dead Weather at Music Hall of Williamsburg on Tuesday, November 17th. Tickets (whatever is left after the fanclub presale) are on sale at noon.

Violent Soho also open for Band of Skulls at the same venue two days earlier. Actually they have four upcoming NYC shows total. They are listed below...

Violent Soho - 2009 Tour Dates
11/15 - Brooklyn, NY @ Music Hall Of Williamsburg w/ Band Of Skulls
11/17 - Brooklyn, NY @ Music Hall Of Williamsburg w/ Dead Weather
11/18 - New York, NY @ Pianos w/ Holden & Group Sounds
12/2 - New York, NY @ Mercury Lounge w/ Jaguar Love

well that sold out quick

Posted by Anonymous | November 13, 2009 12:01 PM

got 2!!!! who wants em!

Posted by Anonymous | November 13, 2009 12:02 PM

Must be nice to have a high-power booking agent. That's all you need. Doesn't matter how non-talented you are.

Posted by Anonymous | November 13, 2009 1:25 PM

they were pretty cool at the BTS shows

Posted by Anonymous | November 13, 2009 1:36 PM

Anon 1:25 fuck you, fuck you i hate your face

Posted by Anonymous | November 13, 2009 3:04 PM

great bill!

Posted by iamtheangel.com | November 13, 2009 3:10 PM

It's pretty obvious that Anononymous 1:25 is in a shitty band without a booker.

Don't hate. Don't cry. Just get some talent. And please stay off the blogs. You're a debbie downer with really bad vibes, dude.

Posted by Steve | November 13, 2009 3:38 PM

It's great to see a young band keeping the rock alive! We don't need any more disco-punk!

Posted by Anonymous | November 13, 2009 5:07 PM

Violent Soho do share the same booking agent as, well...see for youself. its all about connections

Posted by Dead Feather | November 13, 2009 7:14 PM

I saw Violent Soho when they opened for Built to Spill. I was pretty pissed. They were deafeningly loud, and not very talented. They were just thrashing on the guitars, making as much noise as possible. There were only about 10-20 people standing at Webster Hall at the time, and only a few seemed to be enjoying it. I'm not sure why they picked Violent Soho as an opener for Built to Spill, because BtS is a lot "lighter" than Violent Soho. Disco Doom, the second opener, was a much better pic.

Now I'm going to see Band of Skulls on Sunday, and The Dead Weather on Tuesday, and I'm pretty pissed to find out that Violent Soho will be opening for both.

I am not the type of person who thinks his taste in music is the objectively best one, but I do think that Violent Soho does not deserve to be opening for bands like Built to Spill and Dead Weather. Band of Skulls, maybe, because they're new, but I think Violent Soho is getting too much attention for a pretty untalented band.

Posted by Anonymous | November 13, 2009 10:10 PM

Well... apparently, if you don't like this band, you obviously play in a crappy band that is jealous of them. According to the comment above that may have been left by this band's high-powered booking agent.

Posted by Anonymous | November 14, 2009 4:22 PM

its quite common for booking agents to have their newer bands open tours for their bigger bands, common practice, big deal

Posted by Anonymous | November 14, 2009 8:26 PM

I first saw violent soho in Brisbane Australia 5 years ago I moved here 2 years ago and was amazed to seethem now playing all these shows. I happen to know back home they always make fun of how untalented they are maybe its just strating to pay off being untalented after the past 6 years of boring but extremly talented music.

Posted by Anonymous | November 16, 2009 11:16 PM

violent soho definitly have a long way to go but as far as opening bands go I have seen way and I mean way worse. I saw them at BTS and although it was not what I was into I didn't want to leave. Now I didn't get ther in timeto see them with band of skulls but I did catch the second band who's name I cannot even remember and they sucked big time. So I have no problem with violent soho infact I will be there early enough to see them tonight.

Posted by Anonymous | November 17, 2009 1:05 PM

I don't think soho have a long way to go... I just think no one knows about them yet... the songs on mypace are really fucking good and they play with heaps of energy. Just look at the vids on their myspace page again! If you don't like them, don't watch them. No ones forcing you to see them... I'm definitely heading down early enough to see them tonight.

Posted by Anonymous | November 17, 2009 2:12 PM

I liked these guys. They were full of energy AND talent. To all the haters, why don't you get up on stage and perform, or maybe you feel more comfortable as a music critic while playing Rockband behind closed doors.

Posted by FukYoMonkey | November 21, 2009 7:51 PM

SOHO ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Posted by Picko | January 10, 2010 1:03 AM