Screaming Females @ Terminal 5 in December (more by Chris La Putt)
New York Night Train, the almost-nightly dance party run by DJ Jonathan Toubin, will be hosting New Year's Eve events at three LES venues this year. Cake Shop, Home Sweet Home and Motor City (127 Ludlow) are signed on for the event with all-night liquor licenses. Cake Shop is the real highlight though. Bands playing the basement there include Talk Normal, Screaming Females, Frankie and the Outs and CSC Funk Band (ex-USAisamonster), while the other two venues get a few bands (like A.R.E. Weapons) and a slew of DJs, comedians, burlesque performers and more. More details are below.
Screaming Females have a few upcoming shows too - they play with Bouncing Souls in Asbury Park on December 29th, and kick off their February tour with JEFF the Brotherhood with a Feb. 6 Bowery Ballroom showcase for their label Don Giovanni.
Before then, there are plenty of chances to catch the NY Night Train crew in holiday party mode. Tonight (12/21) Jonathan Toubin DJs with Revered Vince Anderson at his weekly Union Pool residency. Toubin will also be spinning at the BV-sponsored Jewltide 7 party happening at Southpaw on Christmas Eve (12/24). Tickets are on sale and the flyer is below with a full schedule...
Death to the DecadeNY Night Train New Year's Eve details
@ Cake Shop
shred into the 'Tens with
Talk Normal (11)
Screaming Females (12)
Frankie and the Outs (1)
CSC Funk Band (ex-USAisamonster) (2)
Jonathan Toubin and Kat Tabor lead the dance party!
free PBR at 9:30
free kosher tequila shots at Midnight
CAKE SHOP (152 Ludlow Street) 9pm - 4am $15New York Night Train - 2009/10 Schedule
Screaming Females (12:30am), Frankie & the Outs (2am),
Talk Normal(11pm), CSC Funk (3am ex-USAisamonster)
DJs Jonathan Toubin (NY Night Train) and many more upstairs and down
Specials: PBR Open Bar (9:30 - 10:30) plus a complimentary midnight kosher tequila toast
HOME SWEET HOME (131 Chrystie) 10pm - past dawn, $5
A.R.E. Weapons (5am), the Hunt (midnight), Bosco Dellray (3:30am),
Happy New Year (1:30am), Jeff Jensen (2:30, ventriloquist act),
DJs Caleb (Sacred Bones Records!), Jasper (The Hunt)
Micki Pellerano (Cult of Youth), Ivan Sunshine (Hidden Fees)
George (the pre-op tranny from Wierd party), Jonathan Toubin (NY Night Train)
Specials: Svedka Vodka open bar (11pm - 12am), midnight champagne toast.
2 for 1s (4am - 5am), coffee and donuts (6am)
MOTOR CITY (127 Ludlow) 10pm - noon, FREE
"Quality of My Life" 2009 Award Show
Go Go Dancing by Anna Copa Cabanna
DJs Josh Styles (Smashed! Blocked!), Jukebox Jody (1am cameo - rockabilly superstar), Jonathan Toubin (NY Night Train)
Specials: Midnight Champagne toast and special surprises!
- Mon, Dec 21: Brooklyn, Union Pool: Revered Vince Anderson and the Love Choir Christmas w/DJs Vince and Mr Jonathan Toubin
- Weds, Dec 23: NYC, Motor City: New York Night Train Weds Record Release w/Mr. Jonathan Toubin and friends- each record given away immediately following play
- Thu, Dec 24: Brooklyn, Southpaw: JDub Jewltide Party w/Mr Jonathan Toubin and live music
- Thu, Dec 24: NYC, Motor City: NY Night Train Christmas with Alix Brown, Kathy T, y mas
- Fri, Dec 25: NYC, Home Sweet Home: Shakin' All Over Under Sideways Down XMas w/Mr. Jonathan Toubin
- Sat, Dec.26: NYC, Glasslands: Special Holiday Soul Clap and Dance-Off
- Weds, Dec 30: NYC, Motor City: New York Night Train Weds w/Mr. Jonathan Toubin and friends
- Thu, Dec 31: NYC, Motor City (FREE!) / Home Sweet Home ($5) / Cake Shop ($15): NY Night Train 3rd Annual Lower East Side New Years til way past dawn! This is an epic event with all kinds of bands, DJs, and performers going all night long in a few block radius - including live performances by the Screaming Females, ARE Weapons, Frankie and The Outs, The Hunt, Talk Normal, Bosco Dellray, Happy New Year, Jeff Jensen (ventriloquist act!), THEE Ms. Anna Copa Cabanna, the Quality of My Life 2009 Year End Awards Show, and DJs Jonathan Toubin, Josh Styles, Jukebox Jody, Jasper Mc, Caleb of Sacred Bones, George the pre-op tranny from Wierd party, Micki Pellerano, Ivan Sunshine, and much much more. Unlike last year, Motor City and Home Sweet Home both got 24 hour licenses - so they're totally legal to stay open all of New Years day - so get ready to run around the Lower East Side until deep into the next year! Then we do brunch...
- Fri, Jan 1: NYC, Home Sweet Home: New Years Day Slow Shakin' All Over Under Sideways Down w/Mr. Jonathan Toubin and black-eyed peas
- Sat, Jan 2: Brooklyn Museum hosts Mr Jonathan Toubin
- Sat, Jan 16: Asbury Park, NJ: Asbury Lanes Soul Clap and Dance-Off
and loads of excitement in the coming year including Mardi Gras in New Orleans, SXSW in Austin, West Coast Soul Claps, Ivy League action, and much much more