Patti Smith @ Carnegie Hall in February (more by Tim Griffin)
tonight in NYC
* Sure Juror @ Pianos
* Slavic Soul Party @ Barbes
* Extra Life @ The Stone
* Steel Train @ Maxwell's
* David Johansen @ City Winery
* The Bad Plus @ Village Vanguard
* Daedelus, Two Fresh @ Highline Ballroom
* Disco Biscuits, Daedelus @ Nokia Theatre
* Patti Smith & Her Band @ Bowery Ballroom
* Dr. John and the Lower 911 @ Highline Ballroom
* Gogol Bordello, The Dillinger Escape Plan @ Webster Hall
* Lady Starlight, Emily Warren & The Betters, The Indecent @ Cake Shop
* Endless Boogie, Apollo Heights, Wolff, Degreaser @ Knitting Factory Brooklyn
* Cro-Mags, Razorblade, Death Threat, Last Call Brawl, H8 Inc. @ Santos Party House
"Throughout 2007, Lady Gaga collaborated with performance artist Lady Starlight, who helped her create her onstage fashions. The pair began playing gigs at downtown club venues like the Mercury Lounge, The Bitter End, and the Rockwood Music Hall, with their live performance art piece known as "Lady Gaga and the Starlight Revue". Billed as "The Ultimate Pop Burlesque Rockshow", their act was a low-fi tribute to 1970s variety acts. In August 2007, Gaga and Starlight were invited to play at the American music festival Lollapalooza. The show was critically acclaimed, and their performance received highly positive reviews. Having initially focused on avant-garde, and electronic dance music, Gaga found her musical niche when she began to incorporate pop melodies and the vintage glam rock of David Bowie and Queen into the mix." [Wikipedia]
Lady Starlight is at Cake Shop tonight.
Gogol Bordello finish their three night run at Webster Hall tonight. Pictures and review from Day One, HERE.
Patti Smith kicks off her three night run at Bowery Ballroom.
Dillinger Escape Plan open for Gogol tonight, and then play with Glassjaw & Thursday at Starland Ballroom on Wednesday.