Posted in metal | music | pictures | tour dates on January 22, 2010

photos by Chloe Rice, words by BBG

D.R.I

They sped through an hour and change long set that featured journeys into most of their familiar terrain. It was nice to see them after all these years.
They bespoke of a simpler pre-Guiliani time, one of scuzz and sleaze. The Taxi Driver New York. -[Trashman Reader]
The kings of crossover prevaled, as DRI played an NYC show on 1/17 at Gramercy with Inhuman and Rumplestiltskin Grinder.

Rumplestiltskin Grinder is reporting two MAJOR upcoming shows in NYC in the coming months, including 5/30 at Europa with DRI and 5/28 at Gramercy with German thrash metal greats Sodom! Tickets for Europa are on sale, and Sodom goes on sale 2/7. Both DRI and Sodom are scheduled to play MDF 2010, and DRI will be at Scion Rock Fest in March.

Across town, Pentagram was getting down at BB King's on the same night.

More pics from the show and complete Rumplestiltskin Grinder dates are below....

D.R.I.

RUMPLESTILTSKIN GRINDER - 2010 TOUR DATES
Feb 13 2010 The Behler-Hein Legion Hall Hamburg
May 28 2010 Gramercy Theater w/ SODOM New York, New York
May 30 2010 Europa w/ DRI Brooklyn, New York
May 31 2010 Pirates Cove Cleveland, Ohio
Jun 2 2010 Blondie's w/ Obituary Detroit, Michigan
Jun 3 2010 Opera House w/ Naglfar Toronto, Ontario

YEEEESSS

Posted by Anonymous | January 22, 2010 8:24 PM

What a great fucking show. They haven't lost anything. Tight as hell.

Posted by Anonymous | January 22, 2010 8:42 PM

Thanks Brooklyn Vegan!

MCS - INHUMAN

Posted by Anonymous | January 22, 2010 10:09 PM

Glad to see D.R.I. getting there due. This was the first band I ever saw live way back in 1989. I was in the sixth grade and went with my older brother's friend. It was on the THRASH ZONE tour. Ruled.

The first ever music I purchased were two cassettes, D.R.I's DEALING WITH IT and CROSSOVER. Long live thrash metal.

Great pictures.

Posted by NIGHGOAT | January 23, 2010 12:20 PM

DRI would have good but that opening band is pretty sad.

Posted by Anonymous | January 23, 2010 8:33 PM

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!
those are some SPECTACULAR photos !! Thanks fer sharing !!..cool show except for the NAZI security !!!

Posted by Harald O. (DRI bass dude !!) | February 1, 2010 2:09 AM

ugh, anyone have an extra for the wurst boat tonight? i am decidedly not on a boat
Excellent post, thank you very much for taking the time to share with those who are starting on the subject. Greetings
------------------

Posted by Youtube | April 15, 2010 3:21 PM

After canceling a November 16th performance at SUNY Purchase due to back problems, musician Dan Deacon has returned

Posted by شات صوتي | August 17, 2010 5:06 AM

Great pictures.

Posted by free game dora | September 5, 2010 11:37 PM

Posted by bag manufacturer | September 6, 2010 9:32 AM

Wonderful post and the location is beautiful and elegant in design and information and everything>>> to Favorites
Amazing is an enormous understatement. One of the best electronic shows I've ever been to and I've seen well over a thousand concerts. I had no idea Vladislav Delay was as good a drummer & percussionist as he is- fabulous and he kept everything swinging with a very unique style of playing. If you missed this you missed out big time...
===================