Posted in music on January 21, 2010

the night Josh Ritter played Radio City (more by Tim Griffin)
Radio City

Tickets are on sale (@ noon) for Joanna Newsom's show at Town Hall in NYC.

Tickets are on sale for "Stories in High Fidelity" at Bowery Ballroom featuring David Byrne (speaking), Nicole Atkins (singing), and many others.

Tickets are on AmEx presale for the Priestess show at Music Hall of Williamsburg.

Tickets are on AmEx presale for the Josh Ritter show at Town Hall.

Tickets are on AmEx presale for the Brian Jonestown Massacre show at Webster Hall.

Motel Motel play one of the many shows happening tonight (1/21)

I saw the Byrne lecture at Bell House and was impressed. Worth checking out.

Posted by Anonymous | January 21, 2010 12:31 PM

i'm glad that one of the greatest intellectuals in music history impressed you.

Posted by me | January 21, 2010 1:22 PM

Damn just bought Joanna tickets only had balcony left.

Posted by Anonymous | January 21, 2010 1:32 PM

I think Joanna is sold out now?

Posted by Cuse | January 21, 2010 3:52 PM

Damn you Newsom!!

And no slot in the tour schedule to add a second show like she did last time.
Damn. Phili and NY over and out. (sigh)

Posted by Anonymous | January 25, 2010 9:40 PM

After canceling a November 16th performance at SUNY Purchase due to back problems, musician Dan Deacon has returned

Posted by شات صوتي | August 17, 2010 4:56 AM

Julian Cope on Mac:

"I gots to tell y’all that when I heard the other day that the Bunnymen’s Ian McCulloch is writing his autobiography, I nearly shat my undies laughing so hard (good job I don’t wear any!); Ian Mac write a book? A man for whom completing a single song on his own is a struggle of Everest the Hard Way proportions is hardly going to write a book. Ian, I’m speechless at your continued arrogance in the face of no evidence whatsoever. In my opinion, you’ve been a dried-up shell of a husk of a man since just after OCEAN RAIN, so don’t embarrass us all with your ludicrous claims that you’re gonna write an autobiography. Two words… No Way. Writing a book involves discipline and hard work, two things you never nailed in the past and never will. As I heard it, you even said in the press that your book will be better than the Bible. Well, in two ways it may well be like the Bible: 1) it’ll be full of half-truths and outright lies, and 2) it’ll have been written by umpteen uncredited writers and you’ll name yourself solely as its author. There you go, dumkopf, I just handed you the map: don’t even bother buying yourself a pen, son; just do what you’ve always done throughout your career; get someone else to do most of the work then claim all the credit yourself. I even have a title already: MAC USER. And with that, I shall sweep off into the Beltane sunset. Yowzah!"

Posted by Youtube | October 26, 2010 7:18 PM

And no slot in the tour schedule to add a second show like she did last time.
Damn. Phili and NY over and out. (sigh)

Posted by دردشة مكتوب | November 24, 2010 8:53 AM

Wonderful post and the location is beautiful and elegant in design and information and everything>>> to Favorites
Amazing is an enormous understatement. One of the best electronic shows I've ever been to and I've seen well over a thousand concerts. I had no idea Vladislav Delay was as good a drummer & percussionist as he is- fabulous and he kept everything swinging with a very unique style of playing. If you missed this you missed out big time...
===================