Posted in metal | music | pictures | tour dates on February 2, 2010

words by BBG, photos by Samantha Marble

Gospel

Very excited to see one of my oldest favorite bands, GOSPEL, reunited tonight at Union Pool. - [TheUnknownGlow]
After three years away from the stage, and in front of a beyond sold-out crowd at Union Pool, Gospel made their triumphant return with the always unhinged noise punks Drunkdriver and galloping Tournament.

Though the band has been away from the stage a bit, they recently showed their hand with respect to new material... another show/record/tour? Possibly. More details to come, we'll keep you posted.

Drunkdriver has a ton of interesting shows in their near future as they prep to release their self-titled LP on Load Records. Look for the band at the WFMU/Aquarius Records, Load, and Parts Unknown shows at SXSW 2010. Before that, the band will play with Iron Age at Union Pool on 2/16 and intersect with another SXSW showcasing artist in NYC when they team up with Riot Season's Todd at Cake Shop on March 14th. The band is also scheduled to meet up with everyone's favorite massholes, Mind Eraser, at Death By Audio on June 9th.

All dates and tons of pics are below...

Tournament @ Union Pool...

Tournament

Tournament

Tournament

Tournament

Tournament

Tournament

Tournament

Tournament

Tournament

Tournament

Drunkdriver @ Union Pool...

Gospel @ Union Pool...

DRUNKDRIVER - 2010 TOUR DATES
Feb 5 2010 Gooskis w/ Slices, Kim Phuc Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Feb 6 2010 Ethans House w/ Homostupids, Flyin' Trichechos, Sports Bras Cleveland, Ohio
Feb 7 2010 afternoon in-store performance @ Reckless Records Chicago, Illinois
Feb 7 2010 Halfway House w/ Raw Nerve, No Slogan, Catburglars Chicago, Illinois
Feb 12 2010 AVA House w/ Twin Stumps, Folded Shirt, Leather Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Feb 27 2010 Golden West w/ Leather, Surroundings Baltimore, Maryland
Mar 13 2010 tba w/ Todd, Vaz, Black Pus Providence, Rhode Island
Mar 14 2010 Cake Shop w/ Todd, Sewerkraut New York, New York
Mar 19 2010 Broken Neck w/ Rusted Shut, Total Abuse, Slavescene, Neon Blud Austin, Texas
Mar 19 2010 tba - WFMU / Aquarius Records SXSW Showcase Austin, Texas
Mar 20 2010 tba - Parts Unknown SXSW Showcase Austin, Texas
Mar 20 2010 Scoots Inn - Load SXSW showcase Austin, Texas
Mar 27 2010 RECORD RELEASE SHOW @ Market Hotel w/ Vile Gash, Aerosols, Neon Blud, Scapegoat Brooklyn, New York
Apr 4 2010 Monster Island Basement w/ Lamps, Pop.1280, Sports Bras Brooklyn, New York
Apr 10 2010 Record Hospital Fest w/ The Men, Nomos, ect. Cambridge, Massachusetts
Apr 11 2010 tba w/ the Men, Nomos Amherst, Massachusetts
Jun 9 2010 Death By Audio w/ Slang, Mind Eraser Brooklyn, New York

BERDAN!!!! Meh.

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2010 10:49 AM

drunkdriver are not playing that iron age show

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2010 11:44 AM

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2010 2:32 PM

Drunkdriver shouldn't be playing any shows at all. Gospel fucking killed it though!

Posted by jv | February 2, 2010 6:49 PM

It was good to see a Drunkdriver set where Berdan didn't wind up fighting the soundguy

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2010 7:10 PM

Drunk Driver are the scariest band I've ever seen. Consistantly engaging, intimidating, and LOUD! I wasn't there, but can understand why they wouldn't go over well at Union Pool on a Friday night. Too much chaos.

Posted by Anonymous | February 2, 2010 7:22 PM

Gospel and Drunkdriver both had great sets. Both are also awesome to watch play for different reasons.

Posted by Anonymous | February 3, 2010 12:23 AM

The singer for DrunkDriver looks like the singer from Thursday a bit.

Posted by Anonymous | February 3, 2010 12:26 PM

are you kidding? engaging? intimidating? yikes.

Posted by Anonymous | February 3, 2010 9:33 PM

drunk driver definately does not look intimidating.well maybe if your a gay hipster they are

Posted by Anonymous | February 4, 2010 10:46 PM

Glad to see D.R.I. getting there due. This was the first band I ever saw live way back in 1989. I was in the sixth grade and went with my older brother's friend. It was on the THRASH ZONE tour. Ruled.

The first ever music I purchased were two cassettes, D.R.I's DEALING WITH IT and CROSSOVER. Long live thrash metal.

Great pictures.
Excellent post, thank you very much for taking the time to share with those who are starting on the subject. Greetings
------------------

Posted by Youtube | April 28, 2010 9:30 PM

Great pictures.

Posted by Loans | June 23, 2010 5:32 AM

Posted by rezultate live | September 2, 2010 6:24 AM

I love his D.R.I's DEALING WITH IT.

Posted by pa-21 | November 24, 2010 10:34 PM

Posted by يوتيوب | December 22, 2010 9:49 PM

Wonderful post and the location is beautiful and elegant in design and information and everything>>> to Favorites
i hear there's a show at shea stadium with so so glos, static jacks, and shapes.

Posted by loan | December 31, 2010 4:57 PM

Guggenheim billed it as a performance piece and it was just an installation. Resultingly, the crowd simply waited for the "show" to start, limiting anyone's ability to freely explore the space (the ground floor was packed with indian-style seaters, and the balconies were lined with people holding onto their spots like grim death.

Posted by منتديات | January 9, 2011 1:37 PM

===================

Posted by Elkema | January 19, 2011 8:28 PM

Hey ya'll we lost another one.......but I'm glad to have grown up with gangstarr as representatives of this music that has an incredible history.....hip hop is a book that wrote itself and GURU was definetly one of its main characters.....we are all getting older.....and GURU is one of the MCs that added a soundtrack to our lives in the 80's and 90's.......the NAMES,PLACES and FACES come to mind when I hear a GANGSTARR track.........I thank GOD that he allowed GURU to shine in his short time...........REST IN EVERLASTING PEACE GURU

Posted by تسريحات شعر | January 20, 2011 6:38 AM

It is good to have a favor to return. His presence was necessary, and missing or music segment. I hope that now their dreams will end.

Posted by asigurari rca | May 7, 2011 7:46 AM

i thought it was pretty amazing that these bands brought everyone to their feet in Carnegie Hall. Everyone was there with good vibes celebrating an amazing culture that embraces compassion and tolerance. I have no complaints other than the 2 hipsters behind me who had a comment about everything that was wrong with the venue. Why go?

Posted by Girls Games | May 11, 2011 7:21 AM