Posted in music | tour dates on February 12, 2010

ATP NY

All Tomorrow's Parties will return to Kutsher's Country Club, Monticello for the third ATP New York festival over Labor Day weekend, running from Friday 3rd September - Sunday 5th September. We are very excited to announce that legendary film-maker Jim Jarmusch, well known for his fantastic collaborations and documentaries with musicians will be the guest curator on Sunday 5th.
Jim as curator is not completely surprising since he took part in the 2009 fest as well. Bigger posters, more info on the 2010 fest, and the updated lineup is below!...

ATP NY

ATP NY

ATP NY

Born in Akron, Ohio, Jim Jarmusch lives and works in New York. His films include Permanent Vacation (1980), Stranger than Paradise (1984), Down by Law (1986), Mystery Train (1989), Night on Earth (1991), Dead Man (1995), Year of the Horse (1997), Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai (1999), Coffee and Cigarettes (2003), Broken Flowers (2005) and The Limits of Control (2009).

As previously announced, Friday 3rd September features these performances as part of our Don't Look Back day:
IGGY & THE STOOGES performing Raw Power
SLEEP performing Holy Mountain
MUDHONEY performing Superfuzz Bigmuff + Early Singles
THE SCIENTISTS performing Blood Red River (first ever U.S. Show)
+ more to be confirmed!

Friday will also feature a Comedy Stage, details of which are to be announced soon.

NEWLY CONFIRMED - ATP celebrate 10 years with a birthday party on Sat 4th September and are happy to announce a day of past ATP curators, ATP Recordings artists and friends, with the first announcements being:

SONIC YOUTH
EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY
THE BREEDERS
F**K BUTTONS
THE BOOKS
PAPA M
APSE

+ more to be confirmed!

NEWLY CONFIRMED - Jim Jarmusch will curate Sunday 5th September and his first choices are:

THE BRIAN JONESTOWN MASSACRE
RAEKWON
GIRLS
F*CKED UP
WOODEN SHJIPS
THE BLACK ANGELS
VIVIAN GIRLS

+ more to be confirmed!

All three days will also feature DJs and Cinema presented by Criterion.

We can also confirm that this year the bars, food vendors and Djs will continue until 6pm on Monday 6th September so that all guests can enjoy a more relaxing start to their post-ATP week!

Festival Tickets are priced at $250 + booking fee for the weekend. Friday day tickets are priced at $110 + booking fee. Saturday day tickets are priced at $120 + booking fee. Sunday day tickets will be available in March. Total capacity for this intimate festival is limited to less than 3000 people!

Weekend Bus travel is available between Brooklyn or Manhattan and the festival. Day Bus travel is available between Manhattan and the festival.

Accommodation at Kutshers is on sale now with only 6 person rooms still available. Alternatively rooms for groups of 3 or 4 are available at the nearby Raleigh hotel (we operate a free shuttle bus between the hotel and festival site all weekend). Rooms are priced at $150 + room tax per person, full information available at atpfestival.com.

Weekend and Day Tickets, Accommodation and Bus Travel from Manhattan and Brooklyn are available now - click here to buy!

Yeah, this is gonna rock. Hotel looks like something out of The Shining.

I'm there fo' sure.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 1:00 PM

y(au)wn

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 1:02 PM

holy shit, didn't see that coming, inspired pick of curator. hhmm intelligent festivals are tasty

Posted by king peter the third | February 12, 2010 1:03 PM

dear lord i need to go to this.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 1:06 PM

nice

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 1:10 PM

Can we start a petition to get Pavement on the bill?

I beleive that they are playing every other festival this year.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 1:10 PM

Loved ATP 2008 and 2009. Bought tickets and hotel early. Was very excited for this announcement. I am brutally disappointed. Sonic Youth haven't been interesting in 15 years. Explosions in the Sky hasn't been interesting in at least five. Fuck Buttons and Vivian Girls were never interesting at all... I'm holding out hope this will improve dramatically, but with headline-type money booked for SY and probably to a lesser extent with Explosions, I may be trying to sell my tickets this year.

Please, ATP.. call up the Melvins again. Lightning Bolt. Boris. I'd even be happy enough to see Pavement play their hits (which is what I was really holding out for..) But this? This is a devestatingly disappointing announcement.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 1:14 PM

wait till jim announces tom waits for sunday night...

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 1:15 PM

I'm with 1:14. Still an unbeatable experience but this lineup is, on the whole, pretty unremarkable.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 1:16 PM

sonic youth just made their best record in almost 20 years. it may not be interesting but having listened to their late 90s material and at this stage of their career, i'll take rocking the fuck out over "interesting" any day. will be going for friday's stooges set and saturday for sonic youth, breeders, and explosions in the sky.

Posted by ihatehipsterscum | February 12, 2010 1:28 PM

sonic youth did NOT just put out their best album in 20 years. that's one of the stupidest things i've ever seen on brooklyn vegan. you should get a prize for that.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 1:30 PM

They'll probably announce 10 more bands...I wouldn't write this off by any means...

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 1:33 PM

WOODEN SHJIPS

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 1:34 PM

more like 15-20 more bands. but those bands had better be geared toward heavy good rock, no more hipster flavors of the month, no more cheesy ass sonic youth explosions in the sky type.. we need some meat in this lineup.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 1:36 PM

This IS the best way ever to setup Lineups

ATP, you make me soooooo HARD

Posted by TXn | February 12, 2010 1:36 PM

Except maybe the one where they let THE FANS pick.

Posted by TXn | February 12, 2010 1:41 PM

1:14 hit the nail on the head. Friday looks great, Sat and Sunday terrible! Not even Jim's friends Jack White and Tom Waits can save Sat and Sun from total suckage!

Posted by anonymous | February 12, 2010 1:43 PM

"better be geared toward heavy good rock... no more cheesy ass sonic youth"

I lol'd

Posted by Ray | February 12, 2010 1:45 PM

Strange how all these guys that are from different artistic disciplines book the same acts: Stooges, stoner rock, vaguely boring experimental music.

Posted by Crosseyed Sniper | February 12, 2010 1:45 PM

the last 5 times in the last 2 years i have seen sonic youth have been the best since 95...so i dunno what you are all talking about...

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 1:48 PM

Hope they screen "Fishing With John"

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 1:50 PM

Shut up losers. You'll all be going to this. You all know it.

Move on.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 1:54 PM

Last minute add: Tom Waits. Ha. That would be amazing.

Otherwise... LAME LAME LAME lineup. Glad I didn't waste my money.

Really surprised Pavement isn't playing.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 1:54 PM

They're recycling some of the bands for this year. Fuck Buttons, Wooden Shjips, Brian Jonestown.

I guess that's tough to avoid though.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 1:59 PM

truck festival

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 2:06 PM

Saturday will be cool, but the Jim Jarmusch day flat out sucks. I wish they would announce everybody before tickets went on sale. I figured this would be another awesome year, but I wish I would have waited before laying down $$$. This fest is not so reliable after all. I am not sure one great act, maybe Tom Waits, headlining will make up for Sunday.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 2:24 PM

So is Ibold gonna play with SY?

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 2:24 PM

Posters: 9.1... Lineup: 6.7

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 2:30 PM

brooklynvegan commenters complaining about a music festival lineup? GTFO!!! No way!!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 2:34 PM

"Sonic Youth haven't been interesting in 15 years."

You've never been interesting.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 2:36 PM

ATP should drop the one day option.
2 years ago we had a great commited crowd,
was great to meet new people from all over
and keep on seeing them throughout the three days.
last year the one day option brought hordes of annoying billyburg hipsters who came to see AC and other hipster heros but couldn't care less for the more ATPish acts.

Posted by me | February 12, 2010 2:37 PM

^^^nice one^^^

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 2:38 PM

Clarification on billyburg?

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 2:39 PM

jim jarmusch is a legendary filmmaker?

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 2:41 PM

Good enough, with (hopefully) many more surprises to come. No headliner for Sunday yet. The amazing lineup for 2008's Sunday didn't get announced until around summer?

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 2:47 PM

@ 2:37: I totally agree. Last year's event was great, but I didn't think it had the cohesiveness of purpose of 2008.

2008 was my idea of what heaven is like (if such a place exists) right down to the orange life jackets.

I think this line up is great. I'm headed to Minehead for Pavement, can't wait to see how it's done in England...

Posted by Jens | February 12, 2010 2:54 PM

Coldplay on Sunday!? That, would be rad to the most.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 2:56 PM

What the fuck is with all this "cohesiveness" and "committed crowd" B.S.? I thought this was a concert/festival type event, not a team building retreat.

Sorry not everybody who goes to these shows is a pathetic music nerd who worships The Residents and has a record collection to big to fit into their tiny apartment.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 3:15 PM

"sonic youth did NOT just put out their best album in 20 years. that's one of the stupidest things i've ever seen on brooklyn vegan. you should get a prize for that"

sure they did. last year seeing them play one of the best shows i've seen in over a decade while melting my face off was simply confirmation. i'll give them that Murray Street was excellent as well. but name me a better SY record from the last 15-20 years. i think i know which one but i'll save you the embarrassment of telling it yourself. should be "interesting" lol.

Posted by ihatehipsterscum | February 12, 2010 3:16 PM

@ 2:37, this needs more 'hipster heroes' in my opinion, half of these bands seem like will be using canes to walk around ... and where the hell are Spiritualized.. the overseas ATP's seem more diverse in my opinion.. this seems lackluster

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 3:31 PM

PAPA M

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 3:38 PM

that Jarmusch is so hot right now! ATP 09 and 08 were two of the best rock festivals I've ever been to. I'm praying they bring back the Asia Dog in the food court.

they'll be adding bands to this bill for the next 6 months, so it's a little silly to worry that it won't fill up. there are some pretty shitty bands on there but there'll be others to see. Pavement play NYC a week later.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 3:45 PM

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz...........

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 3:52 PM

MEHstry Train

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 3:54 PM

Hey, Jens at 2:54 PM, it's way better in England. I mean way way way better. you are in store for the best weekend you can imagine. Those Brits go nuts for this shit. Constant 3 day party. You're gonna come home trying to tell all your friends how great it was and they will just look at you like you're a fool.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 4:25 PM

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 4:27 PM

Thanks 4:27, spot-on.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 4:31 PM

the new Jarmusch movie has SunnO))), Earth and Boris on the soundtrack. some heavier shit is bound to be afoot, y'all

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 4:41 PM

also, fuck day tickets.

they're just for dillitante idiots to rub one out to flavor of the month blogger bullshit like sujfan or AC.

if you buy a day ticket you need to own up to the fact that you don't really like music.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 4:43 PM

@ 4:43, you need to get out of your own ass. if somebody just wants to buy a day ticket to see sufjan and AC, they should be able to. this is a crazy priced event for some and people have a right to see there favorite MUSIC

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 4:56 PM

4:43 is a cunt

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 4:58 PM

"if somebody just wants to buy a day ticket to see sufjan and AC, they should be able to"

they should be able to fuck themselves, u mean?

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 5:57 PM

You should all go poke yourselves in the eye with a rusty .009-gauge guitar string from Lee Ranaldo's axe.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 6:21 PM

"Washing Machine, classic" HA HA HA HA tell me MORE music expert!

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 6:25 PM

i was totally gonna go, based on some friends telling me how great it's been the last couple years. mudhoney & scientists made it look promising.

this? this is not helping.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 6:38 PM

@5:57 that's not what I meant, but I know how you are spending your night at least

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 6:50 PM

I hate motherfuckers

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 7:37 PM

Ok stop. Seriously: can chubby hipster dudes with beards but without girlfriends get laid at this thing? I don't care one turd if sonic youth or youth of today are playing. I just want to know that my $200 gets me at least a slight chance of receiving a sloppy bj from a girl with chunky-plastic-rimmed glasses.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 11:00 PM

you'd have a much better chance of getting a sloppy blowjob from a chubby hipster dude with a beard.. but you could at least ask him to wear the chunky-rimmed glasses.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 11:22 PM

girls don't go to atp, generally

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 11:23 PM

Theres lots of loose dim girls at ATP. You'll be fine if you hav a little game.

Posted by Anonymous | February 12, 2010 11:44 PM

oh, for fuck's sake, people.

Posted by Anonymous | February 13, 2010 12:43 AM

How do you buy tickets the web site is gone????
I wanna go!!!!!!

Posted by rc | February 13, 2010 8:46 AM

"OK folks, let's take a quick trip down memory lane. 20 years ago, Goo came out. Then Dirty. Experimental Jet Set, maybe a little divisive, but had some great tunes. Washing Machine, classic. A Thousand Leaves, still pretty fucking good, rustic sounding, very nice. The first three SYR releases, fantastic. So that's eight albums that absolutely PISS all over anything they've done since, maybe excepting the first four tracks on Sonic Nurse. If you've paid to see them five times in the last two years, and you're also trying to tell me you saw them in 1995 (and they're just as good now), you're either a moron or you're lying."

lol @ Washing Machine a "classic"
lol @ A Thousand Leaves still pretty fucking good and sounding rustic
lol @ your opinion equaling fact
lol @ time passing you by
lol

Posted by ihatehipsterscum | February 13, 2010 9:19 AM

wow most of you are a sad lot

Posted by Anonymous | February 13, 2010 11:35 AM

Hey 1:14PM

If you're so pissed you don't want to go and have 3 person room at Kutchers, I'll take it off your hands

festimad at mac dot com

Posted by B | February 13, 2010 12:42 PM

2008 really fucked ATP over. That lineup will not be topped.
I am surprised though that the subsequent ny atps have been so, so painfully mediocre and typical. AC and sweetjam? I mean, love or hate but how is their appearance special in any way?

Posted by Anonymous | February 14, 2010 3:04 AM

day tickets are for teh loose dim girls ;)

Posted by Anonymous | February 14, 2010 3:17 AM

I hope you all stay home.

ps
I don't like the Day Tickets either.

Posted by strfkr | February 14, 2010 12:43 PM

Tickets Purchased. Gonna camp out.

Posted by Ken | February 15, 2010 12:00 PM

I happen to hold Washing Machine as my favorite, Followed Closely by Rather Ripped, EVOL, Sonic Nurse, Dirty

Posted by Ray | February 15, 2010 1:03 PM

lol @ your use of lol @. douche nozzle.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2010 9:37 PM

Excellent post, thank you very much for taking the time to share with those who are starting on the subject. Greetings
------------------

Posted by Youtube | April 28, 2010 9:43 PM

Glad to see D.R.I. getting there due. This was the first band I ever saw live way back in 1989. I was in the sixth grade and went with my older brother's friend. It was on the THRASH ZONE tour. Ruled.

The first ever music I purchased were two cassettes, D.R.I's DEALING WITH IT and CROSSOVER. Long live thrash metal.

Great pictures.

Posted by Loans | June 23, 2010 5:34 AM

Posted by يوتيوب | December 22, 2010 9:54 PM

Wonderful post and the location is beautiful and elegant in design and information and everything>>> to Favorites
i hear there's a show at shea stadium with so so glos, static jacks, and shapes.
===================

Posted by Elkema | January 19, 2011 8:32 PM

i thought it was pretty amazing that these bands brought everyone to their feet in Carnegie Hall. Everyone was there with good vibes celebrating an amazing culture that embraces compassion and tolerance. I have no complaints other than the 2 hipsters behind me who had a comment about everything that was wrong with the venue. Why go?

Posted by Girls Games | May 11, 2011 7:23 AM