Posted in music | tour dates on February 24, 2010

Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson

Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson's March 10th show at (Le) Poisson Rouge with Suckers and Shilpa Ray & Her Happy Hookers is part of a larger tour for the bands that includes a trip to Austin for SXSW. At the fest, MBAR will be playing the Saddle Creek Showcase on Thursday, March 18th at Maggie Mae's with Common Loon, Unwed Sailor, Pomegranates, The Mynabirds, UUVVWWZ and The Rural Alberta Advantage.

Shilpa Ray will also be at SXSW - her schedule is below. And she plays at the Cameo this Sunday with Bizi Gara and Asa Ransom.

In Austin, Suckers play the French Kiss/Mom+Pop show on Friday, March 19th with Freelance Whales, Local Natives, An Horse Galaxy, The Antlers and Les Savy Fav. Suckers will also play the free BrooklynVegan & M For Montreal show at Galaxy Room on Saturday, March 20th (noon-5:30pm). Other announced bands on that bill so far are Roky Erickson (backed by Okkervil River) and Andrew WK. Full lineup TBA shortly.

Suckers are playing this...
SXSW

Shilpa Ray actually played the official BV SXSW show in 2009, and Miles Benjamin played one of our CMJ parties the same year. All upcoming dates and MBAR live videos are below...

Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson's 11/20/09 show at Mercury Lounge

Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson (Solo) - The 100th of March (Minnesota) 11/13/09

Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson - 2010 Tour Dates

Mar 18 Homeslice Pizza Showcase Austin, Texas #
Mar 19 Pegstar Party @ Chupacabra Austin, Texas $
Mar 20 Obsure Magpie Showcase @ Encore Austin, Texas ^
# w/ Radar Bros, These United States, The Love Language
$ w/ The Smith Westerns, Acid Mothers Temple, and Terror Pigeon Dance Revolt
^ w/ The Upside Down, Dead Confederate, Spindrift

MBAR....."Summer of Fear", best album of 2009? I think so.

Posted by Tremags | February 24, 2010 3:46 PM

Mr. Jones and me...sha la la la la...yeah..uh huh

Posted by Anonymous | February 24, 2010 4:34 PM

MBAR thinks hes DOOM

Posted by Anonymous | February 24, 2010 6:22 PM

I don't know about the music but MBAR is a jerk. Full of himself.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 12:45 AM

Awesome write up on Miles.. Love his tunes. Thanks for using the video I shot. That video is at my friend Megans place, Miles is a really cool guy.

Throw me up on your blog roll

BritRockAtTheTop.com

this is my full write up on his solo show in St. Paul

Cheers -Brody

Posted by Brody McCoy | February 25, 2010 1:34 AM

cute pic

Posted by TitoP | February 25, 2010 5:47 PM

MBAR, Jerk? hmmmm, that I would have to think about.

Posted by Scott R. Asher | March 1, 2010 10:07 AM

ohh mbar a jerk let me guess your a tool who only wanted to talk about music , and give your opinion the entire time . good luck
mbar is a not a jerk

Posted by syahol | March 4, 2010 8:26 PM

Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson's show at Mercury Lounge - my favorite youtube vid...

Posted by Kochmesser | May 29, 2010 6:45 AM

my amaznig sounds, amazing weekend.
Check out IMPROPEROPERA's full coverage of the weekends best synth rock/pop

fondly,
lady danger for IMPROPER OPERA

chat

Posted by دردشه | October 3, 2010 7:53 PM

mbar is a not a jerk

Posted by يوتيوب | December 22, 2010 10:20 PM

Guggenheim billed it as a performance piece and it was just an installation. Resultingly, the crowd simply waited for the "show" to start, limiting anyone's ability to freely explore the space (the ground floor was packed with indian-style seaters, and the balconies were lined with people holding onto their spots like grim death.

Posted by منتديات | January 9, 2011 1:43 PM

Hey ya'll we lost another one.......but I'm glad to have grown up with gangstarr as representatives of this music that has an incredible history.....hip hop is a book that wrote itself and GURU was definetly one of its main characters.....we are all getting older.....and GURU is one of the MCs that added a soundtrack to our lives in the 80's and 90's.......the NAMES,PLACES and FACES come to mind when I hear a GANGSTARR track.........I thank GOD that he allowed GURU to shine in his short time...........REST IN EVERLASTING PEACE GURU

Posted by تسريحات شعر | January 20, 2011 6:44 AM

Wonderful post and the location is beautiful and elegant in design and information and everything>>> to Favorites
Amazing is an enormous understatement. One of the best electronic shows I've ever been to and I've seen well over a thousand concerts. I had no idea Vladislav Delay was as good a drummer & percussionist as he is- fabulous and he kept everything swinging with a very unique style of playing. If you missed this you missed out big time...
===================

Posted by يوتيوب القمة | February 10, 2011 8:09 AM

i was at highline and not williamsburg and the set list posted here seems to fit though I thought they only played 3 songs in the encore (definetely slush and take it in were two of them) though i could be wrong.

Posted by Girls Games | December 4, 2011 3:34 PM