Posted in music | tour dates on February 23, 2010

DOWNLOAD: Think About Life - Johanna (MP3)
DOWNLOAD: Think About Life - Havin My Baby (MP3)

Think About Life @ Arlene's CMJ 2009 (more by Chris La Putt)
Think About Life

Speaking of Canada, Montreal's Think About Life just finished up a run of February shows in Europe. Stateside, they have plenty of shows coming up, including SXSW in Austin where you can catch them at the official M For Montreal showcase at Paradise on Thursday, March 18th. The full lineup for that show:

La Patère Rose @ 8:00 p.m.
The Lovely Feathers @ 9:00 p.m.
Parlovr @ 10:00 p.m.
Beast @ 11:00 p.m.
Think About Life @ 12:00 a.m.
We Are Wolves @ 1:00 a.m.
M For Montreal's nighttime showase is not to be confused with the M For Montreal & BrooklynVegan daytime showcase that is happening at Galaxy Room (formerly Radio Room) on Saturday, March 20th featuring Roky Erickson backed by Okkervil River, Andrew WK, and more (Montreal and non-Canadian) bands TBA.

In total Think About Life will be on the North American Road from March 12th through April 30th, making two NYC stops along the way. They play Mercury Lounge on Tuesday, April 27th. Tickets are on sale now. Two days earlier they will be one of the band's at this year's WBAR-B-Q on Sunday, April 25th at Barnard College. Last year's WBAR-B-Q was played by Gang Gang Dance, Free Blood and more.

The two tracks above from their 2009 record Family. All tour dates and the video for their future-disco epic "Sweet Sixteen" are below...

Sweet Sixteen by Think About Life

Think About Life are playing this...

M For Montreal

but not this...

M For Montreal

Think About Life - 2010 Tour Dates
03/12 ::: Toronto ON @ Lee's Palace (CMW) w/ PLANTS & ANIMALS, WINTER GLOVES
03/13 ::: Pontiac MI @ Pike Room w/ DIAMOND RINGS
03/14 ::: Chicago IL @ Schuba's w/ DIAMOND RINGS
03/15 ::: Kansas City MO @ Record Bar w/ DIAMOND RINGS
03/16 ::: Oklahoma City OK @ Conservatory w/ DIAMOND RINGS, UUVVWWZ
03/17 ::: Austin TX @ SXSW TBA
03/18 ::: Austin TX @ Side Bar (Nail daytime showcase)
03/18 ::: Austin TX @ Paradise (M for Montreal showcase)
03/19 ::: Austin TX @ SXSW TBA
04/01 ::: Kelowna BC @ Habitat TBC
04/02 ::: Calgary AB @ The Palomino
04/03 ::: Edmonton AB @ Pawn Shop
04/20 ::: Rochester NY @ Bug Jar TBC
04/21 ::: Cleveland OH @ Case Western University
04/22 ::: Pittsburgh PA @ The Rex TBC
04/23 ::: Washington DC @ DC-9 (liberation dj night)
04/25 ::: New York NY @ Barnard College Columbia University (WBar-B-Q daytime show)
04/25 ::: Philadephia PA @ Johnny Brenda's (night show)
04/27 ::: New York NY @ Mercury Lounge
04/28 ::: Providence RI @ AS220 TBC
04/29 ::: Boston MA @ TT the Bear's
04/30 ::: Burlington VT @ The Monkey House
05/06 ::: London UK @ The Garage **
05/07 ::: Sheffield UK @ Bungalow & Bears **
05/08 ::: Dublin IR @ Whelan's (upstairs) **
05/09 ::: Manchester UK @ TBA **
05/10 ::: Newcastle UK @ Head of Steam **
05/11 ::: Glasgow UK @ Captain's Rest **
05/12 ::: Nottingham UK @ Bodega **
05/13 ::: London UK @ Hoxton Bar (Oh Inverted Club) **
05/14 ::: Brighton UK @ Digital (The Great Escape Festival) **

this band is amazing! so glad they're finally touring!

Posted by maria | February 23, 2010 7:46 PM

WBARBQ is gonna rock this year!

Posted by Anonymous | February 23, 2010 7:49 PM

WBARBQ 4 LIFE

Posted by Anonymous | February 23, 2010 8:25 PM

the new website is wbar.wordpress.com

Posted by everyone listen to WBAR | February 23, 2010 8:27 PM

who else at wbarbq this year?

Posted by Anonymous | February 23, 2010 10:19 PM

Are M for Montreal giving out free poutine in Texas again?

Posted by Tom | February 24, 2010 4:08 PM

Glad to see D.R.I. getting there due. This was the first band I ever saw live way back in 1989. I was in the sixth grade and went with my older brother's friend. It was on the THRASH ZONE tour. Ruled.

The first ever music I purchased were two cassettes, D.R.I's DEALING WITH IT and CROSSOVER. Long live thrash metal.

Great pictures.
Excellent post, thank you very much for taking the time to share with those who are starting on the subject. Greetings
------------------

Posted by Youtube | April 28, 2010 9:46 PM

Great pictures.

Posted by Loans | June 23, 2010 5:35 AM

Great pictures.

Posted by منتديات | October 21, 2010 4:43 AM

If you know you aren't interested in the kinds of music that BBG writes about on here, why click on an article he's posted? Idiot! By the way this band sounds amazing!!!

Posted by يوتيوب | December 22, 2010 9:56 PM

I missed their Chicago show and now they are 'across the pond'. I hope I get the opportunity to hear them live in 2011. Does anyone know if they plan to continue their tour once they return to the USA?

Posted by Tinfoil Tammy | January 4, 2011 11:21 AM

Wonderful post and the location is beautiful and elegant in design and information and everything>>> to Favorites
i hear there's a show at shea stadium with so so glos, static jacks, and shapes.
===================

Posted by Elkema | January 19, 2011 8:33 PM

i thought it was pretty amazing that these bands brought everyone to their feet in Carnegie Hall. Everyone was there with good vibes celebrating an amazing culture that embraces compassion and tolerance. I have no complaints other than the 2 hipsters behind me who had a comment about everything that was wrong with the venue. Why go?

Posted by Girls Games | May 11, 2011 7:23 AM