Posted in music | tour dates on February 25, 2010

Thom Yorke in L.A. last October (more by Darren Kim)
Thom Yorke

hey everyone

ok so in April the other band.. that i got together to do the eraser and other stuff u know .. Mauro, Flea, Me, Joey and Nigel is going back out to do some shows in the US.. ending with playing with Coachella. we had too much fun to just leave it there...

it has been decided that we call ourselves Atoms For Peace. hope you like the name.. it seemed bleedin' obvious.

these are the shows + Flying Lotus is opening for us -
New York Roseland Ballroom 5th + 6th
Boston Citi Wang Theatre 8th
Chicago Aragon Ballroom 10th + 11th
Oakland Fox Theatre 14th + 15th
Santa Barbara Bowl 17th

all warmth

Thom [via]

As you can see above, they play NYC's Roseland Ballroom on Monday April 5th and Tuesday April 6th. Tickets (4/5) / tickets (4/6) go on sale Saturday, March 6th at 10am ("No phone, box office or outlet sales. Tickets are non-transferable").

Thom Yorke appears on the new album from Flying Lotus (who has other shows coming up too). That includes March 30th at Le Poisson Rouge. Tickets are still on sale.

More date and ticket info below...

New York
Monday & Tuesday, April 5 & 6

4/5 - TICKETS
4/6 - TICKETS

Roseland Ballroom
239 w 52st St. .
Saturday - 8:00pm show time (6:00 doors) Sunday - 8:00pm show time (6:00 doors) all ages - general admission On sale Saturday, March 6th at 10:00am (eastern) through ticketmaster.com only.
No phone, box office or outlet sales. Tickets are non-transferable.

Boston
Thursday, April 8th

www.citicenter.org/thomyorke

Citi Wang Theatre
270 Tremont St, Boston, MA
8:00pm show time (7:00 doors)
all ages - RESERVED seating
On sale Friday, March 5th at 10:00am (eastern) through Citi Performing Arts Center Box Office, citicenter.org, by calling 866-348-9738, TTY orders call 888-889-8587 or by logging on to www.livenation.com All tickets will be forced will call on night of show. Advance box office sales will be issued a voucher that must be redeemed on night of show for actual tickets. All tickets are NON-TRANSFERABLE.

Chicago
Saturday & Sunday, April 10 & 11

April 10 - TICKETS
April 11 - TICKETS

Aragon Ballroom
1106 W. Lawrence Ave.
Saturday - 8:00pm show time (6:30 doors) Sunday - 7:00pm show time (5:30 doors) all ages - general admission On sale Saturday, March 6th at 10:00am( central) through ticketmaster.com only.
No phone, box office or outlet sales. Tickets are non-transferable.

Oakland
Wednesday, April 14th & Thursday, April 15th Fox Theater

Fox Theater Oakland - April 14: TICKETS
Fox Theater Oakland - April 15: TICKETS

1807 Telegraph Ave.

Wednesday - 8pm show time (7pm doors)
Thursday - 8pm show time (7pm doors)
All ages - general admission floor / reserved balcony On Sale Sunday, March 7th at 10am (PST) through ticketmaster.com only No phone, box office or outlet sales.
Tickets are non-transferable

Santa Barbara Bowl

Saturday, April 17 @ 7:00 PM (5:30 PM doors) Santa Barbara Bowl

TICKETS
1122 N. Milpas Street - Santa Barbara, 93101 sbbowl.com All ages General admission floor / reserved seats ON sale: March 6 at 11 AM PST Tickets available at Ticketmaster.com only. No phone, box office or outlet sales. Tickets are non-transferable.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 10:46 AM

$48+fees and NO RADIOHEAD?

Skip

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 10:46 AM

you're an ass.

but the: No phone, box office or outlet sales. Tickets are non-transferable - part is BULLSHIT.

c'mon thom!

why no waste tix?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 10:49 AM

Sounds good! Im there!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 10:51 AM

^I don't get that part^
How do you get tickets?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 10:52 AM

Beautiful! Will be one of the best shows of the year!

Thom Yorke + Pavement + Broken Social Scene in 2010 > Animal Collective 2009 nonsense!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 10:57 AM

You can only get them on-line at Tickets.com. (Right?)

Yeah, this is going to end up being $60+. That puts me on the fence.

Posted by M | February 25, 2010 10:58 AM

"How do you get tickets?"

The ticket links are all up there. It's not that hard to figure out.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:00 AM

Ticketmast, obvi.

Dammit, this non-transferable ticket business is really fucking with broke recent college grads stuck with terrible temp jobs.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:04 AM

^^^ you mean scalpers

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:06 AM

Was JUST thinking about him...

Posted by Curtis | February 25, 2010 11:09 AM

Been thinking about you, so how can you sleep. These people aren't your friends, there just paid to kiss your feet!"

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:14 AM

Fuck everyone who are supposed to be serous musicians and then play shitholes like Roseland that defies the purpose of good music, including Thom Yorke and those crooked vultures who played there twice already.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:14 AM

Even if this were Radiohead, I still wouldn't go to Roseland. I enjoy this music too much to allow my perception of the band to spoiled by that room's terrible soundsystem. Fuck Roseland.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:19 AM

The Ticketmaster links say the tix go onsale March 5....

Posted by soysalami | February 25, 2010 11:26 AM

is that like bruce springsteen's "other band"

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:26 AM

I JUST JIZZED ON MY MAC BOOK AIR!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:29 AM

Obviously idiots like 11:19 didn't see Radiohead when they played at Roseland for Kid A release show....

that show sounded amazing and Thom will bring Radiohead's sound system/engineers so it will sound better than you think.

Lastly, if you want to keep whining about the venue, you can ask someone to build a better + 3,000 capacity venue....

I mean honestly....
GA room +3,000
1) Roseland
2) Hammerstein
3) Terminal 5

I would choose Roseland over T5

Sitting room +3,000
1) Radio City
2) United Palace
3) Theatre at MSG

Yes Radiohead shows at Radio City for Ok Computer tour were amazing but you can't really sit through Thom Yorke's music....

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:31 AM

yep Roseland sux, and glad you're not going so I can get a tix.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:34 AM

Can you build a better 3,000+ capacity GA venue? Because T5 sucks my ass, Hammerstein sucks my balls, and Roseland sucks my taint.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:37 AM

**UPDATE** The part of Thom Yorke will be played by MF Doom.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:40 AM

"I would choose Roseland over T5"

And I normally would pick Shamu over Lassie, but it's been a bad day for whales so I am going with the collie.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:44 AM

If they're going to perform Thom Yorke solo material count me the hell out. The Erasure sucked. There! I said it! I took you're lord's name in vain!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:48 AM

WOW! it didn't take long for the ridiculous, CHEAP hipsters to start squawking about ticket prices (anon. 10:46 and anon. 10:58).

you are NOT wanted at these shows! save your money for a rainy day when you are old and dried up and dessicated. keep living your cheap hipster existence but please stay away from these shows and this blog fuckheads.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:50 AM

11:48 - proper grammer would help. YOUR - NOT YOU'RE

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:51 AM

True fans of radiohead will pay top doallr for this show. Who cares if YOU are not going??? Ugggh, I hate 99% of the people who write here!

ps - let me guess you hate me too. F OFF!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:53 AM

I blame Tegan & Sara. They set a new bar for NY shows. Welcome to the new normal.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:54 AM

Hey 11:51. GRAMMAR. Proper spelling would help.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 11:55 AM

Thom can do whatever he wants to do....

People will still go to his shows regardless of the stupid comments here....

Enjoy your Market Hotel/Cake Shop shows! Those shows sound sooo good all the time.

Idiots.

Go see Radiohead show and tell me the sound sucks.....

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 12:00 PM

Love Thom, hate the new name...bleah.

Posted by phillygirl | February 25, 2010 12:01 PM

who cares. make another radiohead album.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 12:03 PM

rockin aint easy or cheap

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 12:07 PM

It's this ignorant and stupid "glad you're not going, more room for me" mentality that we'll never get rid of these shitty venues in this city. NYC music fans should know better, but unfortunately there are too many casual music fans and temporary residents. That combined with shortsighted promoters, who cannot see the missed opportunities and try to make a quick buck, ruins it for the rest of us. I wish musicians like Thom would be more responsible, but they also seem to be clueless or not care.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 12:09 PM

Eraser is good. Black Swan will be great live!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 12:09 PM

Yo 11:55 you're school isd't welcome her

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 12:10 PM

You can't blame Thom for playing these venues....

Seriously there isn't one really good 3,000 + capacity venues in NYC....

For people that are saying that Roseland sound system sucks...tell me which shows you went to

I've been to Roseland to see Radiohead and the Mars Volta....I had no complaints for both shows.

I mean if you were going there for MTVu awards or some crap like that ofcourse the sound is going to be horrible....

Posted by Anon 12:09 | February 25, 2010 12:13 PM

What a shitty band name. I Love Thom and the music and the guys in the band, but, Really??? Seemed "bleedin' obvious"? To be named after a Dwight D. Eisenhower speech from 1953 to the U.N. General Assembly about the safe use of Nuclear energy? Wha..?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 12:20 PM

@ 11:31

actually knows what he's talking about

Posted by anonymous | February 25, 2010 12:26 PM

Roseland sucks but to see Thom playing live, even without Radiohead, I will suck it up

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 12:26 PM

People call me "anon" but I'm one of like, five people who put something in the name field (even just one letter). I hate that you can't register on BV.

Anywho, I'm sorry to hear that people do not want me at these shows, just because I'm questioning the $65 price tag. I didn't realize people cared so much about their fellow concertgoers! I guess that's kind of sweet. But it's not like this is a fucking Knights of Columbus meeting. You'll be in a room with 5,000 other people. Who gives a shit about the devotion of the guy next to you when you're at a show?! What do people want? A fanclub oath before you enter a venue? People on this site can be retarded.

I can afford a $65 show, and I've dropped a lot more than that on shows without thinking twice, but I'm simply not sure if a GA Thom Yorke show at Roseland is worth it. I, like many people, will pay double or triple that for Radiohead (not quadruple though), but Thom is different. He's good, but not the same. I'm not one of those nerds who blindy follows their favorite band's solo projects. I'm not one of those guys jizzing all over Jonny Greenwood's film scores & Thom Yorke's Oxfam ads. I just like (most of) Radiohead's albums.

Now flame away & start hurling immature insults at me. I know this site too well.

Posted by M | February 25, 2010 12:27 PM

I've watched some of the clips on youtube and they sound good. I cannot tell whether they are amazing as Radiohead, but I think I will go see him anyway.
I agree with you 12:27, some people follow solo projects blindly but Flea will be there too!

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 12:32 PM

12:27 poop head!

Kidding..I get what you are saying..

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 12:32 PM

what's going on thursday?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 12:34 PM

@ 12:27

I wouldn't pay $65 bucks for ANY show; when groups get to the 3000+ level i just don't experience the same kind of energy you dismiss out of hand from gigs at cake shop or market hotel.

having said that, obviously there is an instant appeal to a "Radiohead" gig - honestly, i would rather see a show consisting of fresh, recent material than watching a group of guys run through a tribute act to themselves. I saw Radiohead in '94 (not that that makes me cool, it doesn't, and i'm not cool), seeing them now is not the same thing. And honestly, i doubt the financials would work out to Thom being able to play any venue smaller than 3K for less than $48 a ticket. This guy is a brand at this point. Anyways I think it's dope he's gonna play what amounts to a "small" venue by Radiohead standards, and hopefully play a bunch of material he still means. Either way, I don't really see a reason to hate. Other than having nothing better to do.

Posted by anonymous | February 25, 2010 12:36 PM

sorry M, you didn't diss market or cake shop - but you get what i'm saying

Posted by anon | February 25, 2010 12:39 PM

i saw the Pogues and My Bloody Valentine there, no complaints at all. why do people hate on this place? did you guys have one bad experience?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 12:40 PM

no love for philly thom?

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 12:46 PM

though I like T5 and even hammerstein over roseland on any given day. Roseland is not the end of the world. get over it people

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 12:47 PM

I like to complain about everything.

Posted by typical BV hipster | February 25, 2010 12:56 PM

I have to admit, I've been to some pretty shitty shows at Roseland, but the sound quality for My Bloody Valentine was perfect. I doubt the sound quality will be anything less for Thom.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 1:10 PM

Just a follow up on the Thom Yorke band, or Atoms For Peace as they call themselves. There will be a pre-sale in the coming week, starting Tuesday.

W.A.S.T.E. will be doing a pre-sale for all the shows of the Atoms For Peace tour, except for Coachella. Available from Radiohead.com you can get tickets (usually the better ones) starting this Tuesday. On March 2nd tickets for New York and Boston go on sale. Chicago and Santa Barbara tickets go on sale Wednesday March 3rd and tickets for Oakland on March 4th. Go here for more info. If you want tickets for Coachella, check coachella.com.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 1:13 PM

Massive Attack May 11 + 12 Terminal 5 blahhhh

Posted by Jonny Greenwood is the man | February 25, 2010 1:18 PM

m (formerly anon 10:58) -

thanks for clarifying your "fence-sitting" over the thom yorke tix price (not that you had to). i was one of the flamers who called you anon, but i see your point. i, too, enjoy radiohead FAR more than yorke's solo work. so i understand your willingness to fork over bigger bucks for radiohead as opposed to thom solo.

the only comment you made that still confounds is: "I just like (most of) Radiohead's albums."

i'm curious what radiohead album you don't care for.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 1:26 PM

can't wait for this. not that I don't agree with people complaining on the price. actually there's a lot of pretty damn funny comments here.

Posted by iamtheangel.com | February 25, 2010 1:27 PM

anon 1:13 What time does the pre-sale WASTE tickets go on sale for NYC?

Posted by ab | February 25, 2010 1:32 PM

yorke is a twat

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 1:39 PM

hey anon 1:13 - shut up.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 1:56 PM

I don't really like Pablo Honey.

I think The Bends, OK Computer & Kid A are flawless albums from start to finish.

And while I definitely like Amnesiac, Hail to the Thief & In Rainbows, they don't hold a candle to their predecessors (minus Pablo Honey). There are great tracks, but they're not consistently as good.

But I guess sub-par Radiohead is still worlds better than most of the shit out there today.

And hell, I'll probably end up going to one of the Thom Yorke shows. I just think that the price should be lower. Clearly they're putting a premium on it b/c of Thom's association with Radiohead.... but Thom Yorke < Radiohead. That's all I'm saying.

If it were another artist with one album under their belt, tickets to that person's Roseland concert would cost A LOT less. They're charging a hefty price for this show b/c it's like, ALMOST Radiohead, but not quite.

By the way, I'm not really hating. I'm just playing devil's advocate, more or less. That plus I'm bored at work.

Posted by M | February 25, 2010 2:03 PM

February 25, 2010 11:50 AM : Of course they are are being cheap. Trust funds are drying up nowadays. I know this because the NY Times told me so.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 2:08 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 2:08 PM

radiohead-most overrated band ever.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 2:10 PM

Anon 2:10 is the reason why everyone hates hipsters.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 2:29 PM

that band name sucks balls.

Posted by nick | February 25, 2010 2:33 PM

Anon 2:29-

Hipsters really like radiohead, they're just too self-conscious to tell people they enjoy a band that's "mainstream."

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 2:35 PM

Roseland's sound is just fine. No problem there. Yorke's band name? Obvious choice, but actually pretty fitting. Complainers? You're all full of shit. Go away.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 2:48 PM

all the ticket fees go to thom's favorite enviromental charity, mr. green jeans

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 5:51 PM

eraser > hail to the thief.

atoms for peace (the song) is one of the most beautiful songs i've heard.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 9:11 PM

I can't speak for any of the venue complaints above, but when they played at the Orpheum (~2000 reserved seating capacity) in LA back in October, it sounded amazing. The performance was not quite as good as seeing Radiohead, but I was surprised at how fantastic it sounded live. You won't be disappointed.

Posted by Anonymous | February 25, 2010 9:12 PM

^^
you got a point there. still probably gonna go...

Posted by Anonymous | February 26, 2010 12:38 AM

^^
more about the Radio City show for OK computer. go slow...

Posted by Anonymous | February 26, 2010 12:43 AM

I know who you are "M"

Your pal,

Burg

So glad I'm not an annon. What a horrible way to live (kidding ... i don't even know what that means :)

Have a great weekend!

Posted by Burg | February 26, 2010 3:57 PM

ok, so when did the waste tickets go on sale? Sold out at 10:05 Tuesday

Posted by Anonymous | March 2, 2010 10:05 AM

Sold out almost instantly...

Posted by dp | March 2, 2010 10:08 AM

i've been refreshing every-so-often and just managed to get two.

Posted by JK | March 2, 2010 10:31 AM

how did anyone even know what time the tix went on sale? You'd think that by hitting the WASTE site for the last 24 hours, refreshing BV every hour or so, and subscribing to both the Thom Yorke and Radiohead twitters, I should have seen it somewhere.

Sometimes I miss the days of camping out for tickets....

Posted by Anonymous | March 2, 2010 10:46 AM

"Sold out almost instantly..."

yes cause it was probably only like 100 tickets, quit yo whining. youll get tix on friday

Posted by Anonymous | March 2, 2010 10:50 AM

Someone must have been hacking the system, i was flying on the laptop at 10am on the dot and in less than 15 seconds it was sold out. I think Thommy is playing with his fans, but I don't think it's very funny. Why can't they get it right?

Posted by midlake | March 3, 2010 9:27 PM

Anyone know how they distribute tickets? Do you get a physical ticket at the door when you give your credit card and ID, or do they just let you in at that point?

Posted by Anonymous | March 4, 2010 11:47 AM

tickets on sale today or tmrw? i'm a little confused. 2 sites different info.

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 12:11 AM

ticketmaster now says sat 3/6 at 10am, i guess tomorrow

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 9:01 AM

It has been listed as Saturday for a few days now..

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 9:34 AM

Anyone trying to scalp these tickets good luck becaues you will have to go in right away when they check your name on the list.

Non-transferable tickets woohoo.....scalpers will be hating this idea!

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 9:43 AM

it's paperless = transferable. They scan your cc, print two tickets, give them to someone and then walk away.

Posted by Anonymous | March 5, 2010 9:53 AM

Please bring this to the UK!

Posted by matt83 | March 11, 2010 6:06 PM

Glad to see D.R.I. getting there due. This was the first band I ever saw live way back in 1989. I was in the sixth grade and went with my older brother's friend. It was on the THRASH ZONE tour. Ruled.

The first ever music I purchased were two cassettes, D.R.I's DEALING WITH IT and CROSSOVER. Long live thrash metal.

Great pictures.
Excellent post, thank you very much for taking the time to share with those who are starting on the subject. Greetings
------------------

Posted by يوتيوب | April 28, 2010 9:59 PM

Posted by Loans | June 23, 2010 5:37 AM

my amaznig sounds, amazing weekend.
Check out IMPROPEROPERA's full coverage of the weekends best synth rock/pop

fondly,
lady danger for IMPROPER OPERA

chat

Posted by دردشه | October 3, 2010 7:48 PM

I never attend any live concert. As a poor student, it's a great pity. Only watching the vedio, so pathetic.

Posted by pa-21 | November 24, 2010 10:45 PM

Posted by يوتيوب | February 9, 2011 9:45 AM

roseland's a pretty cool place to see shows, wish i would have made this one.

Posted by db | March 10, 2011 10:47 AM

Posted by Girls Games | May 11, 2011 7:12 AM

Your post will be rather good, and I’m sure some will find it interesting because it’s about a topic that’s as widely discussed as others. Some may even find it useful.Thanks so much for your post.

Posted by windows software downloads | July 19, 2011 10:31 PM