Posted in music | tour dates on February 10, 2010

Due to the snowstorm blanketing the area the following Yes shows nave been rescheduled. Tickets for the original show date will be honored for the new date. Yes regrets any inconvenience.
• Warner Theatre, DC - Original date Feb. 6, moved to Feb. 15
• Montclair, NJ - Original date Feb. 10, moved to Feb. 16
• Cleveland, OH - Original date Feb. 17, moved to Feb. 21
Yes's newly rescheduled show at Wellmont Theatre will happen on Tuesday, February 16th. Tickets are still on sale.

Before then, the band does two nights, February 13th and 14th, at the Town Hall in NYC. Tickets are still on sale for that too.

Vocalist Benoit David, now an official member, sings with the band on these dates, not original singer Jon Anderson. The gigs are part of a larger tour, the dates of which are posted below...

Yes - 2010 Tour Dates
Feb 27 SAT Orlando, FL Sea World Orlando
Feb 28 SUN Boca Raton, FL Sunset Cove Amphitheater

Tags: rescheduled, snow, Yes

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 12:06 PM

MEHnoit David

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 12:06 PM

"Yes w/o Anderson is not Yes. That's why tix aren't selling. Should be called "Maybe" or straight up "No." "

Actually, the first night at Town Hall is sold out.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 12:13 PM

Benoit balls.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 12:13 PM

"Actually, the first night at Town Hall is sold out."

Actually, it's not.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 12:18 PM

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 12:20 PM

stabing jon's back like that in his worst hour,
after 35 years together, so disgusting.

Posted by me | February 10, 2010 12:31 PM

First night is not sold out yet.

Additionally: If The Pixies went on tour next year with a replacement for Frank Black, would you consider it a Pixies show? I wouldn't, and I would hope that show promoters and venues would point this out to potential ticket buyers.

I guess they just assume the fans are old and harmless anyway. Horrible.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 12:31 PM

Yes is not YES without Rick Wakeman. Get it straight, guys!

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 12:31 PM

They should call it a day.

Posted by Ron Torka | February 10, 2010 12:38 PM

most egregious think is how obscenely expensive it is without Anderson...

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 12:41 PM

John Anderson >>>> Jon Anderson

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 12:50 PM

"Actually, it's not."

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 12:52 PM

It's not Yes without Peter Banks on guitar.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 12:52 PM

Where is Trevor Horn??

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 12:58 PM

"Actually, it is, douchebag. I've checked at the box office and ticketmaster. The first night is sold out, and the second still has tickets available."

How come I just pulled up two balcony tickets on the Town Hall website?

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 1:04 PM

"How come I just pulled up two balcony tickets on the Town Hall website?"

It's true. I think any confusion is due in part to tickets being witheld for awhile, and then released as the date gets closer.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 1:13 PM

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 1:16 PM

The show isn't sold out, but for God's sake don't go! What a horror show.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 1:17 PM

not to enter the childish discussion, but why would you want to go to this?

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 1:18 PM

shut the fuck up all of you. you are all douchebags. and so is yes.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 1:20 PM

They were actually pretty good last night. The little Canadian probably sounds better than Anderson would at this day and age, and the trio of Howe/Squire/White is still the core of the band, Anderson notwithstanding.

It would be different if you were talking about something like a Fripp-less King Crimson.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 1:26 PM

everybody calm down.
Yes? No way. they suck these days.
Bring on Rush!
the thinking man's prog rock band.
no one can ever replace any of the 3 of them.

anderson, bruford, wakeman, and nobody cares anymore anyway.

tickets should be refunded for lack of enthusiasm and originality.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 1:44 PM

If Howe and Squire are there, it's pretty much a YES show.
Bill Bruford > Alan White
Won't be like the last RCMH show where Wakeman got to demo the grand Radio City's Mighty Wurlitzer pipe organ-that was sweeet! 4410 pipes blasting away in addition to the one's flaming in the audience.

Posted by Tin Lizzie | February 10, 2010 1:49 PM

"Not to enter the childish discussion of the two people above, but I have been checking tickets for a while. Both nights were sold out. They just released some more tickets. I have bought tickets to many sold out shows close to the show date when they release more tickets. And calm down."

How were the two people above you partaking in a childish discussion? They seemed fairly civil, especially for this section. And all you did was repeat what the second guy wrote. Dipshit.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 1:58 PM

in and around the lake MEHntains come out of the sky

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 2:15 PM

2:15 FTW

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 2:22 PM

The absence of Anderson does suck, but squabbling amongst themselves is nothing new for these guys. I cashed in some Amex Rewards points, and picked up the cheapest ticket I could get, just to listen to Chris Squire play.

Anyone that withholds tickets for an event deserves ass cancer.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 2:25 PM

I would never have expected so many comments for a Yes post. Pretty awesome.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 2:31 PM

but will they play YYZ and Temples of Syrinx?
or the Fountain of Lamneth?

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 2:33 PM

calmer than you are

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 2:42 PM

torMEHto

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 3:03 PM

Permanent Waves in it's entirety.
Jacob's Ladder!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 3:14 PM

bruford doesn't even tour anymore..but if he was onboard, i'd go. never liked white's playing. i think a how solo howe show would be more fun than this.

Posted by Ron Torka | February 10, 2010 3:17 PM

YES was amazing - in the 1970's. Seeing YES with this new lead singer is like seeing Journey without Steve Perry.... Useless..

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 3:24 PM

I just heard Yes are playing Brain Salad Surgery in its entirety..Just bought my tickets off Stub Hub!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 3:32 PM

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 3:55 PM

^ Am I just stoned or is that the best comment all day?

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 3:58 PM

Naysayer is the opening act and all Yeasayer members will be attacked with rotten tormatos-
and for an encore the new Canadian singer will duet "Oh Canada" with Geddy Lee and Terrance and Phillip!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 4:06 PM

one of the guys talking above was civil. The other guy wasnt by calling the first guy a "douchebag" for really no reason at all.

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 4:26 PM

Anderson Wakeman Bruford & Howe just isn't Anderson Wakeman Bruford & Howe without Anderson Wakeman Bruford

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 4:29 PM

...and satisfied, I'm on MEH way...

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 5:21 PM

We are the priests of the Temples of Syrinx. All the gifts of LIFE! are held within our walls. Bu-du-du-du-du-du-DUNH!

Posted by Gary Lee | February 10, 2010 5:37 PM

Close to the MEHdge, down by the river

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 5:38 PM

and now you find yourself in '82! the disco hotspots hold no charm for you!

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 5:49 PM

"our great computers fill the hallowed halls"

loving all the Rush references on here today.
everyone who is going to the Yes(?) show should all wear RUSH t-shirts. HA!
I hope they tour in 2010!!

Posted by Anonymous | February 10, 2010 6:58 PM

how about ...

MEHs

Posted by amnesiac | February 10, 2010 9:37 PM

it's very dense concert schedule. You need vitamins to help your body works fine

Posted by astaga.com lifestyle on the net | February 11, 2010 2:37 AM

I want my band back.

Posted by Jon Anderson | February 14, 2010 2:31 AM

Going tonight in DC. Would prefer that Anderson was there, but, I'm going to see Steve Howe. I've seen them many times, including without Wakeman, without Squire (ABW&H) and without Bruford and without White. I love the setlist they've been playing with Owner of a Loney Heart right in the middle making for a good time to hit the bathroom and get a beer. I see above something about Naysayer opening. Is that accurate, are they opening? If not, is there an opening act?

Posted by Warren | February 15, 2010 6:59 AM

You guys do realize that this is not the first time Yes toured without Jon Anderson, no? "Drama" anyone? One of their heaviest albeit uneven albums ever. Give the new guy a chance.

Posted by Anonymous | February 15, 2010 7:23 AM

Yeah, for me, the only essential member is Howe. IMHO, Yes broke up when Rabin came in and came back as Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman and Howe. I've been checking out youtube and Benoit seems to be doing fine.

Posted by Warren | February 15, 2010 7:45 AM

I went to the show in Atlantic City. It was sold out. I think the concert was great, despite the line-up changes. Oliver Wakeman did a great job and the new singer was also very good, and very accurate with the classic YES sound. Things change, people change, but this was a wonderful concert and I really enjoyed it.

Posted by Stork1 | April 21, 2010 9:38 PM

I went to a Yes show Last night at the Tower theater 6/15/10 and it was freaking awesome they Rocked.

By the way They played all classics Close to the edge,perpetual change,you and i,Starship,yours is no disgrace,etc...

Acoustics were great.

Last time I seen rush They SUCKED !!! Played almost the whole snakes and arrows album which blows.Were are the classics!!!

Least Yes plays the songs one wants to hear and payed for!!!

Yes you guys are great Keep coming back to Philly we love you here !!!

It was my first concert in 1978 "Yes In the Round" 2 thumbs up for this Boy !!

Posted by Yes Freaking Fan | June 16, 2010 1:39 PM

Going to the Yesshow at Washington, Pa. tonight and have a meet and greet with them. I don't care about their flaws today. They're 60+ years old for Christ's sake. They were responsible for a lot of good times in my life and I just want to thank them.

Posted by heartofthesun | June 20, 2010 12:21 PM

Posted by يوتيوب | December 24, 2010 10:56 PM

Wonderful post and the location is beautiful and elegant in design and information and everything>>> to Favorites
Amazing is an enormous understatement. One of the best electronic shows I've ever been to and I've seen well over a thousand concerts. I had no idea Vladislav Delay was as good a drummer & percussionist as he is- fabulous and he kept everything swinging with a very unique style of playing. If you missed this you missed out big time...
===================